PDA

View Full Version : FULL: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – VA.

VA_Dinger
03-14-08, 09:06
FULL - Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – South Hill, Virginia.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/DesertStorm.jpg

This is a master class level and above course; regardless of your skill level you will be challenged. Topics covered will be review of safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, shooting positions and trigger control. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, weak side shooting, and possible challenging team work drill. Courses of fire to be used are based on skill evaluation and development. Any Shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp on strengths and weaknesses and drills to help themselves improve.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: July 11-13, 2007

- Cost: $600

- Range facilities: Private range (Directions will be provided during class sign-up)

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine of minimum 5.45 / 5.56 caliber
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Carbine mounted white light
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 50-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 800 rounds of handgun
- 800 rounds of carbine

Class prerequisites: Anyone attending this class must have attended at least a level I pistol or carbine class – both would be preferable. Other instructors training classes, military, LE training will of coarse be accepted but on a case-by-case basis. Please have a training resume ready to submit during class registration.

***Vickers Tactical sponsors will be providing free give a ways that will be used as prizes during the class. ***

Please contact me at photaling10@verizon.net or M4carbine.net PM if you would like to attend.

NCPatrolAR
03-14-08, 10:16
Good thing my tax returns have finally came in. I'll be sending you a shout in the next couple of days

CarlosDJackal
03-14-08, 12:33
E-mail sent!!

Paul,

I would like to sign up for this class, but am not sure if I will be able to make it. I Just volunteered to get off the IRR and back into the Army Reserves and will not know when my drill weekends are until I report to my unit (I'm still waiting for my orders).

Is it possible to reserve a slot contingent on me finding out when my drill weekends are going to be? I should know the dates within a few weeks (at least I hope so).

FYI, I attended the Vickers/Hackathorne Lowlight Carbine/Pistol class in Ohio last May.

Thanks,
Carlos

luxor
03-14-08, 14:38
I am pretty sure i am going to this as well. I will know by the end of this weekend.

Carlos, bring the binne with the propeller :D

John_Wayne777
03-14-08, 14:58
Looking forward to this one!

Heavy Metal
03-14-08, 19:12
I'll be there too!

gunboy3
03-14-08, 19:54
I would love to attend this one......

VA_Dinger
03-14-08, 20:16
This will be one damn fun class. A lot of great guys are signing up.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to attend.

Heavy Metal
03-14-08, 20:41
E-mail sent!!

Paul,

I would like to sign up for this class, but am not sure if I will be able to make it. I Just volunteered to get off the IRR and back into the Army Reserves and will not know when my drill weekends are until I report to my unit (I'm still waiting for my orders).

Is it possible to reserve a slot contingent on me finding out when my drill weekends are going to be? I should know the dates within a few weeks (at least I hope so).

FYI, I attended the Vickers/Hackathorne Lowlight Carbine/Pistol class in Ohio last May.

Thanks,
Carlos

Talk to your 1SGT. If he is a bit squared-away, he will try and accomidate your schedule to allow you to attend.

Heavy Metal
03-14-08, 20:44
Looking forward to this one!

and possible challenging team work drill.

What was that you said in the other thread about it being a good thing you weren't the one being dragged thru the mud during that Fallaujia drill?:D

John_Wayne777
03-14-08, 23:27
What was that you said in the other thread about it being a good thing you weren't the one being dragged thru the mud during that Fallaujia drill?:D

I'm a better dragger than dragee....

CarlosDJackal
03-15-08, 09:41
Talk to your 1SGT. If he is a bit squared-away, he will try and accomidate your schedule to allow you to attend.

Or in my case, the Battalion Commander (I'm one of those rethreads). :D

VA_Dinger
03-16-08, 20:29
E-mail sent!!

Paul,

Thanks,
Carlos

Carlos, please do not worry about it. Because you contacted me so early I will hold and/or make an extra seat so you can attend.

Just let know know as soon as you can.

John_Wayne777
03-16-08, 20:53
I keep reading the course description and more and more I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm going to be testing Larry's skills for three days.

Hopefully I don't drive him to appealing to Jesus for relief....

KevinB
03-16-08, 22:16
Hmm -- need to check with HH6 as we are both on leave at that time...

VA_Dinger
03-18-08, 23:51
Everybody who contacted me to sign-up should have received the registrations forms tonight.

If I missed anybody please let me know.

CarlosDJackal
03-25-08, 13:21
Woo-hoo!! I just found out that I will not have Reserve Drill for that weekend and can therefor attend. :D

Paul,

I sent you an e-mail and will be sedning out my paperwork as soon as I am able.

Thanks!!

VA_Dinger
03-25-08, 18:32
Woo-hoo!! I just found out that I will not have Reserve Drill for that weekend and can therefor attend. :D

Paul,

I sent you an e-mail and will be sedning out my paperwork as soon as I am able.

Thanks!!

10-4, the email was received and reply sent.

Welcome aboard.

fly4now
03-27-08, 20:18
Would like to sign up! e-mail sent to VA_Dinger

gunboy3
04-02-08, 10:31
If any NoVa members want to carpool, please speak up. Would be nice to save a little gas. I am planning on driving there that morning

VA_Dinger
04-05-08, 17:42
I have been replying to emails & PM's all day.

If you contacted me about attending this class and did not hear back from me, please let me know.

mgbrookman
04-08-08, 20:13
Hello Paul I was wondering if you have any slots open for the July South Hill Class? I was at the Feb South Hill class and look forward to attending another. Thanks Mike

VA_Dinger
04-10-08, 20:46
Hello Paul I was wondering if you have any slots open for the July South Hill Class? I was at the Feb South Hill class and look forward to attending another. Thanks Mike

Yes, we have a few openings for this class.

PM me your email address and I will send you the sign-up info and form.

Welcome aboard, this will be an outstanding class.

veegunslinger
04-21-08, 16:22
I was wondering if there are still slots open for this class???

NCPatrolAR
04-22-08, 00:38
Forms and money sent out today. :)

VA_Dinger
04-27-08, 18:45
I was wondering if there are still slots open for this class???

Yes, just go ahead and send me an email or PM.

I can sign you up today.

VA_Dinger
05-17-08, 08:05
FYI: This class is going to have FN representatives participating and they will be bringing both the SCAR-L & SCAR-H. Everybody will get the chance to check them out first hand.

John_Wayne777
05-17-08, 19:13
FYI: This class is going to have FN representatives participating and they will be bringing both the SCAR-L & SCAR-H. Everybody will get the chance to check them out first hand.

That's cool stuff. Somehow LAV's classes seem to bring out all the cool kids with the cool gear.

NCPatrolAR
05-17-08, 22:37
Funds and forms are on their way. There is a chance I might be there to shoot on Friday, but have to return to NC to work on Saturday and then drive back up to shoot on Sunday.

VA_Dinger
05-22-08, 20:16
Funds and forms are on their way. There is a chance I might be there to shoot on Friday, but have to return to NC to work on Saturday and then drive back up to shoot on Sunday.

Everything was received and you are good-to-go.

Welcome aboard.

John_Wayne777
05-22-08, 22:09

Whatever you do, you've got to let me buy you some dinner during this class, so you can tell those drug pushing scumbags you're always busting to cool it for a day or two because you've got plans. :D

...and no, we ain't going to Outback steakhouse....not that they have one in South Hill anyway.

Jay Cunningham
05-22-08, 22:12
http://www.outback.com.cn/img/foodpic/pic1big.gif

30 cal slut
06-02-08, 08:14
forms (to VA_Dinger) and deposit (to LAV) sent in.

CarlosDJackal
06-02-08, 10:56

Yeah baby!! BTW, I sent Larry the balance last week. So I should be all squared-up!! :D

VA_Dinger
06-05-08, 09:10
FYI - The payment reminder email will be going out today for this class. If you still owe a partial payment it's time to get it ready to mail or contact me for the CC payments phone number.

I have two open seats for the class, if anybody would like to attend please feel free to contact me. We have plenty of time to get you signed up.

Paul@vickerstactical.com

reaper7
06-10-08, 14:41
I have already confirmed my spot, and I have another good candidate (Sgt PJ Joles) who has already emailed you. Is there a seat still available?

VA_Dinger
06-10-08, 15:46
I have already confirmed my spot, and I have another good candidate (Sgt PJ Joles) who has already emailed you. Is there a seat still available?

Sgt. Joles contacted me today so he is good to go.

See you guys in the class. It's shaping up to be one of our best.

reaper7
06-10-08, 19:52
Good news, Thank you.

VA_Dinger
06-12-08, 09:57
OK, I finally got the payment reminder email sent out last night. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.

CarlosDJackal
06-12-08, 14:21
OK, I finally got the payment reminder email sent out last night. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.

If we did not receive the reminder, does this mean that we're good to go (I should be all paid up)?

VA_Dinger
06-12-08, 15:17
If we did not receive the reminder, does this mean that we're good to go (I should be all paid up)?

Thats correct.

The reminder was only for those who still owe.

Heavy Metal
06-12-08, 15:53

Yummy!

Still hope Larry brings the peekayemm!

m4fun
06-13-08, 20:23
PM sent to you Dinger!

CarlosDJackal
06-26-08, 23:06
Thats correct.

The reminder was only for those who still owe.

Kewl!! BTW, when should we expect information on when and where we should go for Day 1?

I can't wait for this training.

VA_Dinger
06-29-08, 20:23
Kewl!! BTW, when should we expect information on when and where we should go for Day 1?

I can't wait for this training.

I will be sending out range directions, class start times, etc info tomorrow night.

vaspence
07-01-08, 12:19
Did you send this info out?

NCPatrolAR
07-01-08, 15:14
Where is everyone staying?

luxor
07-01-08, 18:24
I am not sure yet, my travel partner is making the reservations, but once we get there i will be sure to let you buy me dinner :D

MAP
07-01-08, 18:33

I'm at the Hampton Inn

Mike

VA_Dinger
07-01-08, 20:05
I will be sending out the info tomorrow night.

Just waiting on confirmation for the day 1 start time.

Business_Casual
07-02-08, 10:00
I'm at the Hampton Inn

Mike

I'm at the Holiday Inn. I hope there is less center-channel bass there. ;)

M_P

John_Wayne777
07-02-08, 10:15

Holiday Inn. Cheaper than Hampton this time and the rooms are very nice.

I'm hoping to roll in fairly early in the evening on the 10th.

30 cal slut
07-02-08, 12:56
local chicken ranch.

NCPatrolAR
07-02-08, 14:37
Holiday Inn. Cheaper than Hampton this time and the rooms are very nice.

I'm hoping to roll in fairly early in the evening on the 10th.

Looks like this is where I'll be also. I have to work Thursday night; so I wont be getting on the road until after 2am. I'll see you guys up on the range Friday morning (or whatever our start time is).

Sam
07-02-08, 14:42
Looks like this is where I'll be also. I have to work Thursday night; so I wont be getting on the road until after 2am. I'll see you guys up on the range Friday morning (or whatever our start time is).

Milfmasta:

How many Vickers carbine and pistol class are you going to take this year? :)
After the 3 days class in July, you're going to take my rinkydink 2 days in October too?

NCPatrolAR
07-02-08, 15:24
Milfmasta:

How many Vickers carbine and pistol class are you going to take this year? :)
After the 3 days class in July, you're going to take my rinkydink 2 days in October too?

I have a few more classes lined up with LAV this year and one on the books for next year. So; yep... I'll be down in GA for your course. :D

VA_Dinger
07-02-08, 17:41
The class start time is 9 A.M. Friday July 11th.

Range directions and other last minute info is being sent out tonight.

VA_Dinger
07-02-08, 20:02
FYI: The range directions, etc info email has been sent.

If you signed up for the class but did not receive this email please let me know.

CarlosDJackal
07-02-08, 22:47
Paul,

I received the information. Do you happen to know if we will be doing Pistol or Carbine on Friday? I would like to know so that I can pack my (very small) trunk acordingly.

Thanks,
Carlos

TOrrock
07-02-08, 23:54

Hampton Inn for me. It was cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express this time around.

They're right across the street from each other, and right down the road from Applebee's and Cracker Barrel. :p

CarlosDJackal
07-03-08, 08:48
Hampton Inn for me. It was cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express this time around.

They're right across the street from each other, and right down the road from Applebee's and Cracker Barrel. :p

Damn!! I can't believe how many of the Richmond IDPA Mafia is attending this class.

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn myself.

Seven days and a wake-up!!

TOrrock
07-03-08, 09:56
Santillian?

What's up man? :cool:

m4fun
07-03-08, 17:05
Hampton Inn - free breakfast and Internet!

And if you collect frequent flyer points...

TOrrock
07-03-08, 17:10
So is anyone else going to be using something besides an AR system as their primary, or am I going to be the odd man out?

:D

Heavy Metal
07-03-08, 20:30
I am toying with bringing the SAR-3 and the Kobra as my back-up.

mgbrookman
07-03-08, 21:29
If my Noveske doesn't make it in time I will be using my Sig 556. The Days Inn is nice, they have a Dennys on site, and they have a fishing rate. I like the outside rooms, you can back up to your door.

CarlosDJackal
07-04-08, 21:03
Santillian?

What's up man? :cool:

Not much. Long time no see. So what will you be using?

For that matter, what is everyone using? Here's my equipment list:

- Glock 34 w/ITI M-3 in a Safariland Tactical Holster (Glock 19 as backup)
- SBR'd RRA lower with LWRC M6A1 10.5-inch upper and either a NF 1-4x NSX or Aimpoint T-1
- HSGI MOLLE belt w/ suspenders (actually looks pretty dorky)
- Multi-colored Disney beannie :D

Is it Friday yet? :p

VA_Dinger
07-05-08, 08:55
So is anyone else going to be using something besides an AR system as their primary, or am I going to be the odd man out?

I will probably run the 416 through most of the class but my Khyber Pass will also see some time. I will also be bringing the VZ-58.

30 cal slut
07-05-08, 08:59
For that matter, what is everyone using?

Pink spandex armor carrier.

MAP
07-05-08, 10:51
I will probably run the 416 through most of the class but my Khyber Pass will also see some time. I will also be bringing the VZ-58.

Fun switch 416? :D

Mike

luxor
07-05-08, 11:03
I'll probably use my Red Rider bb gun with compass in the stock and a charter arms 22 pistol.

don't laugh i am surgical with this set up.

TOrrock
07-05-08, 11:50
Not much. Long time no see. So what will you be using?

For that matter, what is everyone using? Here's my equipment list:

- Glock 34 w/ITI M-3 in a Safariland Tactical Holster (Glock 19 as backup)
- SBR'd RRA lower with LWRC M6A1 10.5-inch upper and either a NF 1-4x NSX or Aimpoint T-1
- HSGI MOLLE belt w/ suspenders (actually looks pretty dorky)
- Multi-colored Disney beannie :D

Is it Friday yet? :p

Things have been ok on this end, not shooting/competing nearly as much as I should.

I'll be using my Arsenal Inc. SLR-106FR as a primary, with my Colt 6920 as a back up.

SIG P226 Tactical as a primary and a SIG P226 standard as a back up.

No beanie hats for me, messes with my mojo. :D

NCPatrolAR
07-05-08, 20:47
Going the AR route this time. Using my Dissipator w/ M2 as my primary with a 16" carbine as a back up. Pistoloa will be my MP9. I plan on trying out a mini MAV as a chest rig.

CarlosDJackal
07-05-08, 21:02
...No beanie hats for me, messes with my mojo. :D

Me too, but it helps a lot in gaging windage (I have it wired directly to my dominant eye). :p

CarlosDJackal
07-05-08, 21:04
Pink spandex armor carrier.

As long as it's not the shorts. :eek: Too bad I've outgrown my Kilt and frilly tong undies (there's another visual for you all!!).

Battlepack
07-05-08, 21:39
I've been trying to get my gear nailed down over the last couple of months, but I'm still trying to figure that out since the carbine portion will be new to me. I'm bringing:

- a franken-Stag M4 type as my primary with an old CompM
- a couple of 1911s
- I'm going to try to run everything off a Wilderness belt (belt holster, drop-leg M4 pouches, pistol mag pouches, dump pouch). I'll have to see how well that works. It's done fine when practicing, but we'll see what happens when the rubber meets the road. Any insights will be welcomed. I debated about getting an Eagle chest rig, but figured I wouldn't like that during July weather.

I look forward to seeing everyone and I hope I don't drag anyone else down to my level. Also hoping LAV teaches me some new phrases!

John

30 cal slut
07-06-08, 06:04
As long as it's not the shorts. :eek: Too bad I've outgrown my Kilt and frilly tong undies (there's another visual for you all!!).

don't forget to shave yer legs. it's gonna be hot. :cool:

seriously ...

I'm bringing a no-name brand AR lower + bushie gas piston upper wearing a meostar K-dot (I'm saving up my $$$ for an S&B short dot). VCAS sling, obviously.

I'm out shopping for a backup rifle today, since my Knight's went tits-up at the last LAV class. I'm very tempted to pick up a VZ 58, but will see what's on the shelf (the deciding factor today will be the optics mounting options).

S&W M&P/9, with some extra junk on it post HackaLAV Low Light I (surefire X300, crimson trace lasergrips - i'm assuming we're gonna do some low light stuff at the end of the day). Another identical setup as a backup pistol. Stock trigger and sights (haven't gotten around to getting them worked on).

Raven Concealment OWB holster.

TAG Spartan II plate carrier (tactical tailor mag and dump pouches) but I'm taking the plates out for this class (hot + murder on the back).

Lots of gatorade. Might even pack lunch each day, since the only restaurant option nearby is McDonald's IIRC (unless you want to drive all the way back to South Hill).

Notebooks pens and a massage therapist to wring out the writer's cramp. I could write an encyclopedia when Larry's talking (both online and offline).

TP, cuz I'm full of $hit.

Anyone want to bet on the over/under for the round count? The last LAV Carbine I class carbine round count was something like 650, and low light I was something like 350.

p.s. I recently scored some 5.11 nylon pants for $25 from an outfit in Brooklyn (NYC) of all places. froogle 511 nylon pants and look for a vendor called "out in style"

VA_Dinger
07-06-08, 08:26
Fun switch 416? :D

Mike

Unfortunately no, I've only seen the lower once and that was for less than then minutes.

MAP
07-09-08, 08:17
I'll be arriving Thursday late afternoon / earl evening. Anyone up for dinner?

e-mail me @ mapesq@verizon.net for cell#.

Mike

Battlepack
07-09-08, 09:09
Looks like we may be catching a break on the weather this weekend - 88-92 degrees. I figured it would probably be around 98 degrees.:D

John_Wayne777
07-09-08, 10:00

Mike

If I can swing getting in at around that time I'd certainly be willing to meet for dinner.

I just don't know when I'll be able to hit the road tomorrow.

TOrrock
07-09-08, 15:42

Mike

I'll be coming down tomorrow as well.

Everyone want to meet up at Applebee's at around 7-8pm??

Heavy Metal
07-09-08, 15:51
Templar,

Check your IM.

Might help with your packing plans:D

John_Wayne777
07-09-08, 18:49
8 would work best for me. I'll endeavor to be there by then. If I don't make it, go ahead without me.

If I do, Templar's dinner is on me.

MAP
07-09-08, 19:31
2000 @ Applebee's it is.

Mike

TOrrock
07-09-08, 22:21
2000 @ Applebee's it is.

Mike

Sounds good!

Heavy Metal
07-09-08, 23:03
Templar, make darn sure you read the IM I sent you, it is important.

Don't want to ruin the possible suprose for everyone else and Larry may end up not bringing it so don't want to raise hopes.

CarlosDJackal
07-10-08, 10:53
If I'm in town by then (which I should) I would like to horn in on this Applebee's dinner thing (if you guys don't mind lowering your standards on who you associate with). :p

John_Wayne777
07-10-08, 10:57
If I'm in town by then (which I should) I would like to horn in on this Applebee's dinner thing (if you guys don't mind lowering your standards on who you associate with). :p

Doesn't bother me....We'll all be wearing monacles and tuxedos.

SinnFéinM1911
07-10-08, 11:42

Im running a SCAR - L CQC .. is that different?

B

Battlepack
07-10-08, 14:56
Im running a SCAR - L CQC .. is that different?

B

Let me shoot it and then I'll decide.:D

ADC
07-10-08, 21:05
Hey guys, I will be down Sunday with a couple of my piston uppers for anyone who wants to put some rounds through them, I know I cant hold a candle to that SCAR but oh well ..........................ADC

Larry said he will be dragging some neat stuff down.

CarlosDJackal
07-11-08, 20:35
Hey guys, I will be down Sunday with a couple of my piston uppers for anyone who wants to put some rounds through them, I know I cant hold a candle to that SCAR but oh well ..........................ADC

Larry said he will be dragging some neat stuff down.

I think that's a Briar Patch that I would be willing to jump into!! :D

30 cal slut
07-11-08, 21:18
It was fairly hot and humid today.

Day 1: Handgun.

This is one of the new FN .45 thingies ...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/newfnthingy.jpg

This is one of the instructor's CQB tools, great for zombie hunting in tight quarters:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/wolverines.jpg

EDIT: FN SCAR 10 inch bbl: (I mistakenly labeled it a prototype - Brett informed me it was not a prototype. My humble apologies!)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/fnscar10inchupper.jpg

Who's the M4C dude shooting this pistol walkback drill?

Look at how small that dang silhouette is.

BTW, LAV was making unbelievable one-handed (including weak-hand) shots at 100+ yards with a 1911.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/walkback.jpg

Heavy Metal
07-11-08, 21:26
Oh shit! That's my Panama Jack shirt!:D

30 cal slut
07-11-08, 21:28
Make sure you wear your clean Hello Kitty t-shirt for Day 2 (Carbine)!

Heavy Metal
07-11-08, 21:33
I am wearing my LochMart "Team Titan" one tommorow.

30 cal slut
07-11-08, 21:38
Ah, on second thought I think I shouldn't have posted that.

Sorry. Jumped the gun.

There's nothing here, move along.

Jay Cunningham
07-11-08, 22:20
Who's the M4C dude shooting this pistol walkback drill?

Look at how small that dang silhouette is.

BTW, LAV was making unbelievable one-handed (including weak-hand) shots at 100+ yards with a 1911.

I just want to know if anybody managed to knock down the steel target with a .45???

Yeah - that's right...

:cool:

30 cal slut
07-12-08, 17:22
Hot and wet today (day #2). Sometimes that's a good thing.

Somebody post a pic of Templar's shirt.

30 cal slut
07-12-08, 19:40
Why we train

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/zombie.jpg

30 cal slut
07-12-08, 19:41
assuming the position

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/prone.jpg

30 cal slut
07-12-08, 19:41
Why can't I have one of those?

The FN SCAR!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/scarbaby.jpg

Heavy Metal
07-12-08, 20:20
I just want to know if anybody managed to knock down the steel target with a .45???

Yeah - that's right...

:cool:

Nope, the target is staying put! Wonder if the PKM can knock it down?:D

......nnnnnaaaahhhhh, that might be pushin' it a bit too hard, better stick to the zombies!

Jay Cunningham
07-12-08, 20:35
Anyone get a chance to shoot the SCAR? Impressions?

Heavy Metal
07-12-08, 20:38
Ask me tommorow night!:D

SinnFéinM1911
07-13-08, 00:17
Anyone get a chance to shoot the SCAR? Impressions?

I think it shoots great !! :D

AwaySooner
07-13-08, 00:29
Brett, you have the coolest job title ever!

Looks like a fun class, unfortunately, the LV class over on the left coast is full!

I think it shoots great !! :D

Heavy Metal
07-13-08, 17:21
I liked the SCAR, it was fun to shoot and I don't recall Brett ever having a single issue with it.

FN did their damnedest to keep it as simple, rugged and easy to manufacture as possible. Some obvious thought went into the design and it takes full advantage of modern materials and production techniques.

.........and Larry's PKM kicked ass!...........and we DID shoot the gong with it........and it very quickly fell down:D

m4fun
07-13-08, 18:59
Was a great class! I think all enjoyed very much, even the Model1 gang.

Brett - thanks for the opportunity to shoot the SCAR(with your ammo ;) )

Looks like FN did a great job taking lots of good ideas and making it happen.

Brian

GLOCKMASTER
07-13-08, 19:43
Looked like a great class, especially after reading the AAR posted below.

Being that this range is only about 45 minutes from my house I need to jump in on some of these LAV classes.:D

Note to self....LAV in Va.:cool:

John_Wayne777
07-13-08, 20:21
I was pleasantly surprised by the SCAR. It is a well thought out weapon that anyone with AR training can pick up and run fairly easily right off the bat. It's also lighter than I thought it would be.

Hearing a bit about the money and effort being put into the SCAR program leads me to believe that it's going to be a very good weapon when all is said and done....the civilian version is definitely something I'm interested in. Right now it seems to me that FN is probably the most on the ball of the big gun companies.

TOrrock
07-13-08, 20:26
Great class, great instructor, great group of shooters.

It was a pleasure to train with you guys.

I'm editing pics and video now, there are a lot of them, and I'll be posting them in JW777's AAR below, as well as links to the full size pics.

Special thanks to Sinn Fein for taking the time for this class, making the trip down and giving us all our first real hands on impression of the SCAR-L and new FN 45, one of which will more than likely be finding it's way into my safe.

Jay Cunningham
07-13-08, 20:30
I was pleasantly surprised by the SCAR. It is a well thought out weapon that anyone with AR training can pick up and run fairly easily right off the bat. It's also lighter than I thought it would be.

Hearing a bit about the money and effort being put into the SCAR program leads me to believe that it's going to be a very good weapon when all is said and done....the civilian version is definitely something I'm interested in. Right now it seems to me that FN is probably the most on the ball of the big gun companies.

Nice to hear opinions from those who have actually handled and shot the weapon instead of the usual "Well, from what I can see from the pic etc...."

Larry Vickers
07-14-08, 20:30
Class went very well and as I promised at the outset it was a special one - thanx to Magpul for donating mags for each student (very kind of them) - thanx to Brett of FNH for coming to the class and letting everyone see and shoot the SCAR L and FN 45 pistol - very generous and much appriciated by all

And last but not least thanx to Eric Kinsel of VLTOR - he was not even there in person but definately in spirit as his passion for the PKM GPMG is the reason Abrams/VLTOR tooled up to make US receivers for that excellent design - and as all who shot it can report it is an incredibly impressive and controllable GPMG
- fantastic weapon and a joy to shoot and own

For full auto fans it was a very special class as we had 2 of the most controllable full auto weapons on the market today for everyone to enjoy - the SCAR Light and PKM - great fun was had by all

Last but not least my buddy Arnold is continuing to refine his piston upper which shows alot of promise - stay tuned to M4C for the lastest on the ADC PD15 as it is called

cheers

LAV