PDA

View Full Version : MI ban teachers having sex with students until 21

platoonDaddy
02-25-13, 16:48
Dang, what is going on in MI! Sex until 21 with former teacher, how sad!

Michigan moves to ban teachers from having sex with students until they turn 21

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/24/michigan-moves-to-ban-teachers-from-having-sex-with-students-until-they-turn-21/

Littlelebowski
02-25-13, 17:09
Well, passing a law ought to stop them!

glocktogo
02-25-13, 18:19
Stupid is as stupid does. :(

Smash
02-25-13, 18:27
I guess 18 will be the new 16 on illegal sexual encounters with students now.

gunrunner505
02-25-13, 22:31
Assault Sex Ban?

ASB :jester:

Sry0fcr
02-26-13, 08:02
This is stupid, age of consent is age of consent and statutory rape is statutory rape. This is stretching the shit out of the definition of abuse and being "preyed upon". If you don't want your teen sons and daughters to bang their teachers then raise them not to.

Turk182
02-26-13, 19:32
Poor 'kids'

chadbag
02-26-13, 20:50
Dang, what is going on in MI! Sex until 21 with former teacher, how sad!

Michigan moves to ban teachers from having sex with students until they turn 21

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/24/michigan-moves-to-ban-teachers-from-having-sex-with-students-until-they-turn-21/

What happens if the teacher marries the student?

(one of my HS english teachers married one of his students after she graduated, and wouldn't let her drink the celebratory champagne since she was under age)

nml
02-26-13, 20:52
From what I read, it's students, not former students. Teachers are in a position of power. That power can be misused, and in some cases these individuals were extremely manipulative in order to achieve their end goal. You cannot evaluate the character of all your kids' teachers, so maybe a long prison sentence will dissuade a bad teacher from trying to bang your eighteen year old daughter/son and save you an assault charge.

chadbag
02-26-13, 20:56
From what I read, it's students, not former students. Teachers are in a position of power. That power can be misused, and in some cases these individuals were extremely manipulative in order to achieve their end goal. You cannot evaluate the character of all your kids' teachers, so maybe a long prison sentence will dissuade a bad teacher from trying to bang your eighteen year old daughter/son and save you an assault charge.

Does this apply to college students as well?

So, if they are still in school (HS) when they are 21, it is ok then for a teacher to bang the student?

glocktogo
02-27-13, 00:34

If they're still in HS at almost 21, finding a teacher willing to bang them is probably the least of their parent's worries! :D

Raven Armament
02-27-13, 01:10
You cannot evaluate the character of all your kids' teachers, so maybe a long prison sentence will dissuade a bad teacher from trying to bang your eighteen year old daughter/son and save you an assault charge.
In Michigan, at 18yo you are a legal adult capable of making your own decisions and being held accountable for them. Adults at 18yo can **** whomever they want.

Smash
02-27-13, 02:01
If they're still in HS at almost 21, finding a teacher willing to bang them is probably the least of their parent's worries! :D

I don't know man, teachers are banging 16 year old boys. I doubt the failures of a 21 year high school senior would dissuade the same teacher who was doing that.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-27-13, 06:48
SHIT guess I better pick a different carrier path!

Sry0fcr
02-27-13, 08:46

Position of power sure, but that power doesn't extend to forcing students to give it up. That's called rape and you can't rape the willing. Besides when in the history of mankind were people not manipulative to get laid and since when could you evaluate the character of everyone else that your kids have contact with? :confused: Especially the ones they're most likely to have sexual contact with... other kids? At any rate, I'm glad that I only have sons. :D

SHIT guess I better pick a different carrier path!

As long as you don't choose to become an English teacher. :p

nml
02-27-13, 10:36
It's a basic fraternization rule. They're being paid very well to educate and grade objectively, not to recruit potential booty calls.

Reading more, it's not a giant change in legislation. A teacher waited until a student turned 18 and took her to a hotel the next day. Now he would simply have to wait more months until she graduated.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-27-13, 10:40
A navy hubby's brother in law got a bj from an 18 year old student in Maryland and got 7 years in jail.

nml
02-27-13, 13:32
I certainly don't support that sentence but can't condone him getting blown by his student. Bad situation, I'm not a prosecutor.