PDA

View Full Version : Gas Block question

sapper36
02-25-13, 20:30
I just ordered a 16" BCM SS barrel and it was stripped. So I also order the BCM gasblock with set screws. The barrel is dimpled so my question is do I just get everything aligned and torque the set screws? Is there any specific type of locktight that should be used? And finally what is a torque spec for those? Thanks

opmike
02-26-13, 01:37
I prefer Rocksett over Loc-Tite for set screws. Loc-Tite is rated for around 300 F for the Red and Blue threadlockers and about a hundred degrees more for the sleeve retaining stuff. Rocksett is rated for a little over 2,000 F.

The most secure method is going to be sending the barrel off to be pinned. Depending on your application, you may want to consider this option.

Torque specs will depend on the screw/block combination in question, but yes, you align the screws the the dimples, and then tighten them down.

sapper36
02-26-13, 06:15
Thanks, everything else that I own has a FSB as I dont think there is anything better. This is the only one I have with a magnified optic, but I think I will pracrtice some patence and have send it off.

skywalkrNCSU
02-26-13, 14:11
It is worth it, I have messed with the set screws and it is a pain whereas getting it pinned is nice and simple

sapper36
02-27-13, 13:04
It went to Rainier today, 25 bucks after a military discount makes it a no brainer, thanks again