PDA

View Full Version : The AR-15 Is More Than a Gun. It’s a Gadget

rojocorsa
02-25-13, 22:37
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/ar-15/all/

I was shaking as I shouldered the rifle and peered through the scope at the small steel target 100 yards downrange. It was officially the coldest day in Las Vegas history, and I was in the middle of the desert, buffeted by wind and surrounded by the professional gun press, about to fire an AR-15 for the first time.

I grew up with guns, and I even own a small .22-caliber target pistol that I take to the range occasionally. But I had fired a rifle maybe twice in the past five years. I was a novice, and I was frozen to the core. I flinched as I pulled the trigger the first time, sending my shot wide of the mark. But the recoil wasn’t nearly as bad as I had feared; in fact, the shot was actually pleasant. I fired again with more confidence, and the bullet rang the distant steel plate like a bell; then the next shot hit, and the next.

I am not much of a computer person, but this article compares and contrasts the AR-15 to personal computers. Its audience are non-traditional techies, it seems. I thought the writer did a good job in describing the weapons in a non biased way.