PDA

View Full Version : My first ar/build

DarkJ
02-26-13, 23:03
well more lower components came in today, Palmetto state armory lower build kit w/ m4 collapsable stock and moe pistol grip, and my Anderson MFG stripped lower. I put it all together in about 2 hours, greased everything took my time followed the directions/guides that i found.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/juggalo4586/20130226_174928_zps78a99adb.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/juggalo4586/20130226_234350_zpsce6d4c69.jpg

only had 1 screw up on the trigger guard pin and the punch slipped. its not too bad but it does not make me happy. anyway to correct this? ( did a search and saw a few sharpie remarks, and paint. looking for more permanent)

I have a BCG mod3 charging handle being mailed to me as we speak, 3 psa 30 round pmags, and a psa upper/parts kit coming in the next 2 weeks. trying to track down a bcg now. but everything is moving along nicely :)
As soon as everything comes in I will put up more pictures i was told 1-3 weeks on all of it. I decided to go with a 5.56 16" barrel 1/7 twist, a2 flash hider. Im just really stoked had to tell someone that I finished the first part of my build. I've been doing research and ordering parts for months. Gun will mostly be for home defense/fun/small pests. Any input on a scope/sight or foregrip?(on a budget so nothing insane)

TheAxeShooter
02-27-13, 21:05
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your build is going well so far. In reference to what you said about the punch slipping, I'd say leave it. Your rifle will get banged up as time goes on. For tracking down a BCG sign up to get emails from BCM I know they've done two releases pretty recently. I just picked up one myself.

ramairthree
02-27-13, 22:45
I have used the same parts.

My daughter loves the horse on the lower and I used one in her build.

I have had a punch slip or two before getting a Brownells holder punch. If you are going to use it any it is far from the last blemish.

Consider it character, or
wabi
as the Japanese call that sort of thing.

DarkJ
02-28-13, 01:46
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your build is going well so far. In reference to what you said about the punch slipping, I'd say leave it. Your rifle will get banged up as time goes on. For tracking down a BCG sign up to get emails from BCM I know they've done two releases pretty recently. I just picked up one myself.

thanks, yea im signed up for emails from WMD, BCM, and a few other sites. I just usually end up missing it by a few minutes, I've tried for weeks now.

Well after reading a bunch and sifting through about 20 pages of search results I've decided to go with a 1-4 vortex scope and a troy or bcm collapsable iron rear. now I'm down to just getting some fun mods once i get the BCG :)
I'm spending most of my spare time reading posts and searching figuring out all that I want and what to expect from it. I grew up shooting with irons so I would like to keep them, but I also love the RDS. So the collapsable is perfect considering I'll have a fixed front sight. I've also decided I want a 1/3 scope but still a little confused on that, some threads I read a 1/3 scope is where the irons are at the bottom and the Rds is in the middle and some I read the Rds/Irons are both at the bottom 1/3. I want the Rds in the middle.

Iraqgunz
02-28-13, 02:13
PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR POSTING HERE. THANKS