PDA

View Full Version : Mounting the CompM4 + 3xMag

Severian
03-14-08, 17:57
blank

nickdrak
03-14-08, 18:32
Welcome to the forum!

The LaRue M4 mount places your iron sights in the lower 1/3 of your sight picture when looking through the optic. This is commonly known as the "lower 1/3 co-witness". It is much preferred to an "absolute co-witness" which places the iron sights in the dead center of the sight picture when looking through the optic. No cheek riser or cheek piece is needed at all for this set-up. You simply use more of a heads up position keeping both eyes open while maintaining a cheekweld on your stock. If you need to go to your irons in the highly unlikely event that the Aimpoint fails, all you need to do is flip up your irons and view them directly through the Aimpoint.

I suggest you get the LaRue flip mount for the 3x mag as it is far superior to the Samson mount, and it will line up perfectly with the Aimpoint M4.

I also recommend that you take a look at an article written by Pat Rogers in the Jan/08 issue of SWAT Magazine called "Running The Red Dot Right". Is is a priceless reference for properly setting-up and using a red dot optic. It will answer all of your questions far better then I am capable of explaining.

Severian
03-14-08, 19:19
blank

Severian
03-14-08, 20:45
blank

nickdrak
03-14-08, 20:53
The Tall/High Comp M4 mount is what will line everything up perfectly with the 3x mag mount. Trust me, the "High" mount is not too high, and it is the same height as 99.9% of the set-ups you see posted here and on the other forums. It has become the industry standard height for optic mounts as it offers the best of all worlds.

Currently the only other option for an aftermarket mount for the Comp M4 is the GG&G mount, and im not a fan of their mounts or their customer service.

ADM supposedly has a mount in the works for the M4, but right now the LaRue is king as it has been out there and been tested for a good amount of time now.

I suppose you can use one of the lower mounts along with the 3x mag mount, but it wont be optimal, and for the amount of money you will be dropping on the entire set-up why not have it all line up properly?

I would order the high M4 mount/3x mag mount directly from LaRue. If you dont like the height after getting everything properly mounted, call Mark LaRue and let him know your issue and I am positive he will make sure you are happy customer in the end.

tinman44
03-16-08, 11:27
i am also considering the 3x magnifier, however i was leaning towards the quick detach the military recently contracted. i thought about it alot and my rifle would be used mostly for close quarters, i figured i could have a monocular and a magnifier if i used this. however i cant find the detach, it would be great if larue was making one, if they are i cant find it.

nickdrak
03-16-08, 18:00
The LaRue flip mount is quick detach, and there is nothing preventing you from using it mounted in the LaRue mount as a monocular as well.

tinman44
03-16-08, 19:46
i thought it just flipped out of the way? and i want a monocular i dont have to point a gun at ppl to use. just does 2 jobs that way

CarlosDJackal
03-16-08, 20:59
I have an M3 on a Larue offset mount and the Aimpoint 3x mounted on a Samson flip mount that I really like.

rykyard
03-16-08, 21:39
i thought it just flipped out of the way? and i want a monocular i dont have to point a gun at ppl to use. just does 2 jobs that way

As nickdrak said the LT649 is a pivot mount ("flip"), it also has a QD throw lever so optic can be removed and used as a monocular.

nickdrak
03-16-08, 22:04
^Yep, what he said! You can remove the 3x/LaRue mount from the rifle in a matter of seconds and use it as a monocular.

Severian
03-17-08, 10:18
blank

Severian
03-17-08, 14:57
blank

nickdrak
03-17-08, 23:57
Excellent! Let us know how you like the set-up.

Severian
03-18-08, 10:31
blank

Severian
03-25-08, 10:16
blank