PDA

View Full Version : SR-15 upper, lower options

TheToad263
02-27-13, 02:42
I will be buying an SR-15 LPR upper and I have 2 lowers that I can't decide on. The first option is the matching KAC ambi. lower. The other option is the AXTS AX556 ambi. lower. I prefer the AXTS because it's ambi controls are more ergonomic, and it's billet so it looks better. However, I am still considering the KAC lower for one reason, resale value. If some day in the future I want to sell the rifle, a rifle with a matching upper/lower may be worth a bit more on the market. So, is this something I should factor into my choice? How much do you think matching receivers/ non matching receivers makes a difference? thanks.

domestique
02-27-13, 04:52
Buy whatever you can find in stock at this point.

KAC will always have a larger following but AXTS will also hold resale value for those in the know. I personally would go with a KAC lower for the matching set. Ironically I have 2 KAC SR15 lowers with AAC uppers, and my next AR lower will most likely be an AXTS.

Col_Crocs
02-27-13, 04:55
It's not about how it looks or what matches with what. Getbwhat works best for how you use it or its intended purpose.

Breadman
02-27-13, 05:03
Having a Bushmaster upper on a AXTS lower would increase the value. Mixing a Knights would decrease it unless you found the one guy who has the exact same taste as you.

It is hard to say how much the price will be affected, as it seems that the selling prices are changing every day. Some folks (private sellers) are asking big money for rifles, but you see them sit for sale for a long time.

If you were to list your all matching Knights rifle after a year of use for $2800... provided that no ban goes into affect. I would imagine the same upper with your favorite lower would be in the $2400 range. Again this is only speculation on my part.

I have a Noveske upper on a Lancer lower, Noveskes on Noveskes, BCM on BCM, BCM on LWRC, BCM on Smith and Wesson, Daniel Defense on Noveske, and my only factory built rifles are a LMT and a Knights SR-15. I buy what I want with no regard to resell value. If I am thinking about selling it when I am buying it, then I probably shouldn't buy it in the first place.

If there is a ban in our future all of our rifles will command high prices, but if there is no ban... expect the market to be flooded and prices will be in the basement.

I hope my rambling has helped you in some way.