PDA

View Full Version : Using Kroil for cleaning

merder inc
02-27-13, 05:26
I bought a can of this stuff recently and followed several regiments on some rifles I have owned for a few years. One involved letting the Kroil set for a while and then using JB bore paster with 20-30 strokes and then a brush to knock out following. Also let kroil set, brushed out and followed up with a solvent and also mixed kroil with a solvent before using it. Yes a lot of gunk came out like normal after a session and the big buy in is that next time cleaning will be easier and it's a good way to get moly out of a barrel. I happen to use Montana Extreme moly remover but I gave up moly a while back because of the price differences.

Shot all guns treated over the weeked, 50 outside (might as well have felt like 70) and then started on the cleaning with my normal solvent routine. I saw no difference in the amount of fouling that came out. About once a year my guns get the 7.62 solvent treatment and bores oiled before they are put away.

Kroil is great as a WD40 type product, but I'm more of a fan of Fluid Film which I think trumps all.

Anybody else use Kroil with any success? Every user review I have seen goes on and on about it. I'm just not seeing it.

Iraqgunz
02-27-13, 05:41
No need to start posting lube and oil thread all over. Please use the ORANGE search feature.