PDA

View Full Version : MagPul to flood Colorado with affordable 30 Rd Mags before they leave the state!

Glock30
02-27-13, 08:38
Leaving the state! :mad:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/magpul-to-flood-colorado-with-cheap-30-round-magazines/

Five_Point_Five_Six
02-27-13, 08:41
Good for them. Wish I could get some of those cheap Pmags though.

RMiller
02-27-13, 08:46
I don't blame them.

Thanks for sticking to your guns MagPul!!!

SkyPup
02-27-13, 08:54
Excellent news!

Sry0fcr
02-27-13, 08:54
I'm not a Coloradoan but they've earned me as a customer for life.

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 08:55
And that folks is the way we do that.

I can see Illinois trying to pass a magazine ban, maybe we can get in on something like this soon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

markm
02-27-13, 08:56
Move to AZ! I'll run the operation, JACK!

Step aside FITZ! ;)

murphman
02-27-13, 08:57
Maybe I over looked where it was stated but I did not see any mention of the state which Magpul plans to relocate to. Has there been any leak to this information?

3O8Junkie
02-27-13, 08:59
Time to start looking in the Colorado gun classifieds for mags!

SHIVAN
02-27-13, 09:00
Some people are butthurt over this, but here's why I think it's absolutely perfect if they are forced to leave:

The legislature of Colorado could have listened to Magpul, and their other constituents and chosen not to act on a mag capacity ban, and other gun control measures. The legislators said, "**** you." to Magpul, and the other voters of CO.

So now, Magpul is going to pull their revenues, taxes, and business from CO, and as a final return "**** You." they are going to defy the spirit of the new law(s) by flooding the Colorado market with standard capacity, pre-ban mags.

It's a big giant middle finger to the dipshits in power in Colorado. It's perfect. Kudos Rich, Drake and all the other folks at Magpul.

murphman
02-27-13, 09:02
Some people are butthurt over this, but here's why I think it's absolutely perfect if they are forced to leave:

The legislature of Colorado could have listened to Magpul, and their other constituents and chosen not to act on a mag capacity ban, and other gun control measures. The legislators said, "**** you." to Magpul, and the other voters of CO.

So now, Magpul is going to pull their revenues, taxes, and business from CO, and as a final return "**** You." they are going to defy the spirit of the new law(s) by flooding the Colorado market with standard capacity, pre-ban mags.

It's a big giant middle finger to the dipshits in power in Colorado. It's perfect. Kudos Rich, Drake and all the other folks at Magpul.

Agree, nice little send off.

Glock30
02-27-13, 09:04
TEXAS! :)

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 09:05

You got it Shiv. Magpul gets full style points for this one. I think it's a perfect send off.

Oh, you don't like those scary 30 round mags? Try this on for size dickhead.

RHINOWSO
02-27-13, 09:08

A kind of "Do you like apples? How about them APPLES?"

**** the assholes in power in CO (too many people from CA moved there, apparently) and good on Magpul for their principles and getting product to those who may not be able to purchase these soon.

I don't think they have said where they are considering moving to, a post here by one of their reps said they were looking at different locations and seeing what would work out best. I'm sure its complicated but bet that TX and other states are wooing them with relocation incentives / tax breaks / etc to get their business and jobs in the state...

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 09:10
A kind of "Do you like apples? How about them APPLES?"

**** the assholes in power in CO (too many people from CA moved there, apparently) and good on Magpul for their principles and getting product to those who may not be able to purchase these soon.

I don't think they have said where they are considering moving to, a post here by one of their reps said they were looking at different locations and seeing what would work out best. I'm sure its complicated but bet that TX and other states are wooing them with relocation incentives / tax breaks / etc to get their business and jobs in the state...

Here's a little fromunda cheese....

SHIVAN
02-27-13, 09:11
I hope they keep an accounting of the total number of mags they sell in this blast, and I hope it's a HUGE number.

I also hope they stylize it even more with pictures of the mags staged for sale, etc.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it were 100,000, or more, 30rd mags in to the state??

Watrdawg
02-27-13, 09:17
Great to see the public( Magpul in this instance), sticking it to the politicians!!:D

TMS951
02-27-13, 09:18
This is a beautiful thing, I thought Magpul was great before, but now they really have my loyalty.

Its nice to have a company that clearly is on your side.

Auto426
02-27-13, 09:26
I do want a few Gen M3 mags for myself, but I will happily sit and wait while Magpul diverts their production for Colorado sales. I say flood the shit out of them, and let everyone in the state know you are doing it.

jmnielsen
02-27-13, 09:28
This is absolutely awesome. Already liked the company but if I can get something from them, I will. Definitely a customer/supporter for them for life now.

.46caliber
02-27-13, 09:30
Magpul,

Send a case to the office of each of the co-sponsors. Except Salazar, he gets a case of Magpul rape-whistles.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

SHIVAN
02-27-13, 09:32
The rest of us will have forever to buy more Magpul mags later. The guys behind the lines in CO only have a small window.

I understand and support it!!

ReaperAZ
02-27-13, 09:39
The rest of us will have forever to buy more Magpul mags later. The guys behind the lines in CO only have a small window.

Agree 100%

I have an open backorder from some PMAGS from DSG and am in no rush to get them, I would rather some CO folks get theirs first.

bullittmcqueen
02-27-13, 09:48
Great Job Magpul! Kudos. I hope the legislature there has panic attacks over this.

nolt
02-27-13, 09:49
The rest of us will have forever to buy more Magpul mags later.

we hope.

dogz
02-27-13, 09:50
Hats off to magpul and to our brothers and sisters in CO. alot of us are in the same boat. Never know what our state politicians are going to leen, most likley towards federal money!!

JS-Maine
02-27-13, 09:56
But this legislation hasn't actually passed the senate and been signed by the governor yet has it? Or did I miss something. Either way, good on Magpul. I couldn't be more impressed with their actions. Facts are that this type of legislation will not have a good effect on society. This is just another example.

T2C
02-27-13, 10:04
I am glad to see that Magpul is sticking it's thumb in Colorado's eye. More firearm and accessory manufacturers need to push back.

A friend of mine was looking into moving to Colorado in two years when he retires. He made a few trips out to Colorado to look at real estate and check out the political climate. Now I can see why he changed his mind.

El Pistolero
02-27-13, 10:15
I. ****ing. Love. MagPul!

Big thumbs up for them.

sabelljr
02-27-13, 10:22
They should all be labeled Colorado Pre Ban courtesy of MagPul awesome job guys.

ilmonster
02-27-13, 10:27
Agreed...I'll wait for any I have on order so Magpul can get some into the hands of those poor Colorado folks.

Additionally, with our new gun and business friendly governor Scott Walker, you (Magpul) would be welcome to relocate into the state of Wisconsin...just sayin!

And as has been said previously, Magpul customer for life! Companies do benefit when they do the right thing!

fortibus85
02-27-13, 10:28
Concur. It is invigorating and just plain exciting to see people and corporations confidently standing up for their principles, even (and especially) when it includes up-ending their lives, pulling up the stakes and re-establishing their business and their families in another state.

The Patriots in our country have been pushing back for a few years, and I like it. I suspect we will need to keep doing it, and harder.

SHIVAN
02-27-13, 10:32
we hope.

Well, I have longer than the residents of Colorado....

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 10:36
The former CEO of my company used to always say that you don't have ethics until it costs you something. This is it, live in person. An entire company would rather spend millions to relocate rather than compromise their principles. If only this trait were more common. Especially in elected representation.

Magpul customer for life.

markm
02-27-13, 10:59
Additionally, with our new gun and business friendly governor Scott Walker, you (Magpul) would be welcome to relocate into the state of Wisconsin...just sayin!

Yeah! Move to a Blue state! :jester:

ilmonster
02-27-13, 11:13
We were unfortunately only a blue state in the presidential election. Our last election for Gov. kicked out a dem and elected a republican. The dems then tried to recall Walker last year and we again re-elected him. He also has a majority in the state house. It's just in the presidential election that not enough republicans got out to vote (kicking outselves).
Also, we finally passed concealed carry a year and a half ago.

markm
02-27-13, 11:21
AZ and Texas are the only logical options. And with the Steers and Queers, etc....

Welcome home, Magpul. :D

Quick Draw
02-27-13, 11:31
In the past I bought P Mags for their quality.

In the future I will also buy them for Mag-Pul's ethics and support of the 2nd Amendment.

Great job Mag-Pul!

You are welcome in Alabama anytime.

Littlelebowski
02-27-13, 11:31
AZ and Texas are the only logical options. And with the Steers and Queers, etc....

Welcome home, Magpul. :D

Wyoming is more conservative :D

Gunzilla
02-27-13, 11:35

.............................................. :bad:

+100

Thank you for writing this....I couldn't have said it better!!!

(I hope you don't mind, I just had to add the 'puke-meister' icon to your posting)

markm
02-27-13, 11:37
Wyoming is more conservative :D

True. I'd have to relocate to take over the operation. But, I could dig some open country. :cool:

nova3930
02-27-13, 11:41
Just what I need, another reason to buy more magpul stuff...

jaxman7
02-27-13, 11:50
Sounds corny but hearing this made me absolutely proud of these guys.

THANK YOU Fitz and company.

One of the few that there is NO doubt where they stand......with us.

-Jax

kcara
02-27-13, 12:05

Welcome home, Magpul. :D I am not sure what you mean by Queer? It seems like that type of language is not appropriate for a forum.

Magpul is a good company and made the right choice to offer mags to CO residents first. This is a class move by a good company.

Littlelebowski
02-27-13, 12:06
I am not sure what you mean by Queer?

Go watch Full Metal Jacket.

Pork Chop
02-27-13, 12:07

Ha!
Beat me to it. :)

LonghunterCO
02-27-13, 12:14
This bill (HB 13-1224) has moved from House Committee (where is was amended from its orgional proposal of 10 round max for Rifle and Handgun and 5rounds shotgun to 15 rounds Rifle/Handgun and 8 rounds Shotgun) to the Colorado House were it passed. From here is goes to the Colorado Senate (week of March 4th) for consideration. If the Senate changes amendmens anything then those changes have to go back to the House for approvial. Ounce both Houses agree on the bill it goes to the Gov. Hickenlooper for his approvial or veto.
Reguardless of the title of this thread, as I understand it, Magpul is going to move only if this passes. We (the gun owners of Colorado, our Colorado Based gun groups, the NRA, and Magpul) are all working tirelessly to see that this will not happen.

I would hate to see Magpul leave, but our legeslators have placed the unacceptable burden on them. Orgionally the bill procluded all civy sales in or out of Colorado but that too was amended. As such Colorado does not deserve to have the tax revenue that this first class business brings to the state of residence.

nick84
02-27-13, 12:14
It's damn nice to see that some companies aren't rolling over. They drew a line, CO crossed it, so they are proving they weren't bluffing and showboating just for style points. Bravo. With so many surplus USGI mags laying around I never really got into collecting Pmags, but now I think I might have to have a few.

markm
02-27-13, 12:17
I am not sure what you mean by Queer? It seems like that type of language is not appropriate for a forum.

Maybe the Oprah Winfrey forums would be more appropriate for someone of your level of sensitivity?? :confused:

TriviaMonster
02-27-13, 12:18
Way to go Magpul. Someone needs to get a tattoo on their ass so we will always remember. Anyone good at drawing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dave L.
02-27-13, 12:22

100% Agree! True Patriots.

nolt
02-27-13, 12:38
Well, I have longer than the residents of Colorado....

agreed. hat's off to them for this.

kcara
02-27-13, 12:44
Maybe the Oprah Winfrey forums would be more appropriate for someone of your level of sensitivity?? :confused: I would expect that adults with some level of emotional maturity would refrain from using offensive terms on a public forum. I guess I am expecting too much.

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 12:48

"How tall are you Private!?!?!?!"

markm
02-27-13, 12:52
I would expect that adults with some level of emotional maturity would refrain from using offensive terms on a public forum. I guess I am expecting too much.

I would expect gun forums to have less politically correct VAGINA on them, but apparently I'm expecting too much. :(

tarkeg
02-27-13, 13:10
I would expect gun forums to have less politically correct VAGINA on them, but apparently I'm expecting too much. :(

"I don't see no horns!"

d90king
02-27-13, 13:12
Great job Magpul! It is great to see the community coming together when it is needed most.

d90king
02-27-13, 13:15
I would expect that adults with some level of emotional maturity would refrain from using offensive terms on a public forum. I guess I am expecting too much.

A knitting forum might be more to your liking, if proper colloquial english is a priority when posting, gun forums might not be your cup of tea. :rolleyes:

D. Christopher
02-27-13, 13:55

Or you might just be delusional. :help: (And it's a private forum by the way.)

glocktogo
02-27-13, 14:21
I move we dub this the "Colorado Maglift". What say ye? :)

nimdabew
02-27-13, 14:34

PC much?

discreet
02-27-13, 14:35
Magpull leading the way :) now if more companies would follow suit, we can turn co into an armory.

And lol on Private Pile above getting his panties in a rouse from a simple comment. :jester:

JSantoro
02-27-13, 14:41

He referenced a line from a popular Stanley Kubric film. Nobody was called a queer.

So, build a bridge, so you can get over yourself.

You get to Report the post...

...OR...

...risk getting hammered for trying to play forum vililante (particularly when you're in the wrong).

You don't get to do both. Next time, choose between the two, particularly in clear instances of a need for wad-resistant panties on your part.

Watrdawg
02-27-13, 14:44
He referenced a line from a popular Stanley Kubric film. Nobody was called a queer.

So, build a bridge, so you can get over yourself.

You get to Report the post...

...OR...

...risk getting hammered for trying to play forum vililante (particularly when you're in the wrong).

You don't get to do both. Next time, choose between the two, particularly in clear instances of a need for wad-resistant panties on your part.

Can I steal that last line and use it as a quote. That's classic.

RIDE
02-27-13, 14:51
Stand-up guys stand up!!!
Kudo's to Magpul!!!!

markm
02-27-13, 14:52
We can also support the CO shooters by shipping them our "prebans" should the law pass and buying new production.

(I just want Magpul in AZ... not all the internet "drammmah") Golfing with Fitz... taking rides in his Ferarris and shit!... Flinging pmags at the little people with the covertable top down. Signing autographs... Strippers and coke... etc. Just the basic needs, boys.

RIDE
02-27-13, 15:04
We can also support the CO shooters by shipping them our "prebans" should the law pass and buying new production.

(I just want Magpul in AZ... not all the internet "drammmah") Golfing with Fitz... taking rides in his Ferarris and shit!... Flinging pmags at the little people with the covertable top down. Signing autographs... Strippers and coke... etc. Just the basic needs, boys.

Did you just say "shit"? I would have expected more form adults with some level of maturity. Geeesh!!!
:D

That's my kind of parade, where folks fling Pmags instead of year old gravel infused taffy.

yfz
02-27-13, 15:05
I like the way you think Mark.

Good job magpul for doing the right thing.

markm
02-27-13, 15:08
I like the way you think Mark.

:D This is how we lure industry to AZ... that and a cheap pool of illegal alien labor! :jester:

JSantoro
02-27-13, 15:09
Can I steal that last line.

Seems fair, since I stole it.

An original idea + cold drink of water = probably kill me

SPQR476
02-27-13, 15:13
I move we dub this the "Colorado Maglift". What say ye? :)

Very close guess...we should be posting today.

Moose-Knuckle
02-27-13, 15:21
Very close guess...we should be posting today.

Outstanding job guys, keep pouring it on! :cool:

NeoNeanderthal
02-27-13, 15:21
I still dont understand how the state of CO can possibly confirm is a mag was bought before or after the ban goes into affect. Whats to stop someone from buying pmags out of state, and then bringing them to CO and saying they are preban/purchased by him before the ban? pmags are not dated. I understand how they could not be considered preban during the last ban because they weren't even manufactured before the first ban. but now?

Am I missing something?

26 Inf
02-27-13, 15:24
Signing autographs... Strippers and coke... etc. Just the basic needs, boys.

Let me guess, wearing a flat pressed bill hi-pro ball cap, slightly turned to the side, with all your cool guy tats showing?

The 'coke' part is what tbrought that on, Playa.

dash1
02-27-13, 15:26
I still dont understand how the state of CO can possibly confirm is a mag was bought before or after the ban goes into affect. Whats to stop someone from buying pmags out of state, and then bringing them to CO and saying they are preban/purchased by him before the ban? pmags are not dated. I understand how they could not be considered preban during the last ban because they weren't even manufactured before the first ban. but now?

Am I missing something?

All the one's I have are dated.

glocktogo
02-27-13, 15:26

Am I missing something?

You're missing how stupid and ignorant Colorado liberals are. It's 100% unenforceable. :D

.46caliber
02-27-13, 15:27
Magpullution

ChrisCross
02-27-13, 15:28
Magpul, that has to be one of the more eloquent F/U's I've seen in ages. The only downside is that the taxes go to the libtard lawmakers in charge...

texasgunhand
02-27-13, 15:32
good for them, i have waited this long and can wait a bit more...lol

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 15:44
The only downside is that the taxes go to the libtard lawmakers in charge...[/QUOTE]

Not for too much longer it would seem.

tog
02-27-13, 15:59
Me likey this idea! Thanks Magpul.
Tog

col.1981
02-27-13, 16:10
I'm very impressed by Magpul's actions. Keep it up guys.

FWIW I thought Tejas too when I heard they were moving. But, I'd love to see them in KY :)

dash1
02-27-13, 16:12
I'm very impressed by Magpul's actions. Keep it up guys.

FWIW I thought Tejas too when I heard they were moving. But, I'd love to see them in KY :)

That would be awesome.

interfan
02-27-13, 16:29
Way to go Magpul!

foxtrotx1
02-27-13, 16:39

dude, you guys could be like the redbull girls here at ASU. Drive down mill handing out PMAGs.

Henchman
02-27-13, 16:41
Good job Magpul!

loaded6shooter
02-27-13, 16:43
seeing this on facebook yesterday put the biggest smile on my face. stickin it to the man!

.46caliber
02-27-13, 16:54
dude, you guys could be like the redbull girls here at ASU. Drive down mill handing out PMAGs.

I don't want to see them in Red bull girl outfits.

loaded6shooter
02-27-13, 16:56

if theyre handing out pmags i think i could deal with it lol

JS-Maine
02-27-13, 16:58
From here it goes to the Colorado Senate (week of March 4th) for consideration. If the Senate changes or amendmends anything then those changes have to go back to the House for approvial. Ounce both Houses agree on the bill it goes to Gov. Hickenlooper for his approvial or veto.
Regardless of the title of this thread, as I understand it, Magpul is going to move only if this passes. We (the gun owners of Colorado, our Colorado Based gun groups, the NRA, and Magpul) are all working tirelessly to see that this will not happen.

Thanks for shedding some light there. I have been keeping an eye on both the CO and OR legislation. I was kinda shocked to see the title of the thread as I hadn't heard anything definite that would give Magpul cause to leave quite yet. I'm fighting for you guys from here in Maine. This legislation cannot pass in CO! This could set precedent for other states and inspire the Statists that write federal legislation. Bombard CO legislators and Gov. Hickenlooper with calls, letters, and emails!

.46caliber
02-27-13, 17:01
if theyre handing out pmags i think i could deal with it lol

For GenM3 or Stealth Gray I guess I could close my eyes.

skydivr
02-27-13, 17:07
MAGPUL YOU ARE WELCOME HERE IN TENNESSEE!!

LonghunterCO
02-27-13, 17:10
Thanks for shedding some light there. I have been keeping an eye on both the CO and OR legislation. I was kinda shocked to see the title of the thread as I hadn't heard anything definite that would give Magpul cause to leave quite yet. I'm fighting for you guys from here in Maine. This legislation cannot pass in CO! This could set precedent for other states and inspire the Statists that write federal legislation. Bombard CO legislators and Gov. Hickenlooper with calls, letters, and emails!

Hickenlooper has asperations higher than Colorado. From what we are hearing legislators are receiving calls directly from the White House. This seems to have embolden them to push on reguardless of the overwhelming support aginst it. I am not sure as to what they are all being promised. There is alot of money being spent from outside of Colorado to get this through. I suspect that it costing them alot more than they had planned.
All support is welcome and very much appreciated.

JS-Maine
02-27-13, 17:57
Not sure if Magpul would wait around for this....but has there been any talk of a peoples veto, or a citizens referendum if this legislation was to pass? With the overwhelming majority being against the legislation it seems this could be another avenue the people could use to have their views accurately represented in the state house.

Curious if Magpul would wait at all for their state gov't to get their act together. Seems far fetched if their legislators are being bought and sold by special interests. These tyrants are emboldened. Peaceful options are becoming slimmer and slimmer.

u_not_i
02-27-13, 18:03
grammer
Hickenlooper has asperations higher than Colorado. From what we are hearing legislators are receiving calls directly from the White House. This seems to have embolden them to push on reguardless of the overwhelming support aginst it. I am not sure as to what they are all being promised. There is alot of money being spent from outside of Colorado to get this through. I suspect that it costing them alot more than they had planned.
All support is welcome and very much appreciated.

I hope things work out for you. You are fighting the typical Fed Gov response to a problem...... throw money at it. I'm from Delaware and our Governor is contemplating similar measures. I was hoping things would get better, or at least no worse here since Uncle Joe left town. No such luck.

I've been buying Magpul stuff for some time, but now they are my go-to for everything that they manufacture if I need it. Way to go, guys!

NYH1
02-27-13, 18:06
I wish they would flood New Yorkistan with their new 10 rd. PMags before NY UNSAFE Act bans us from buying mags. with a capacity of more then 7 rds. April 15th.

NYH1.

BoringGuy45
02-27-13, 19:41
I wish they would flood New Yorkistan with their new 10 rd. PMags before NY UNSAFE Act bans us from buying mags. with a capacity of more then 7 rds. April 15th.

NYH1.

I thought there was no grandfathering for 10 round mags after April 15. It was "turn them in or we're coming to get them."

R0CKETMAN
02-27-13, 19:49
Good for Magpul and much respect

dfsutton
02-27-13, 19:53

I hope you are correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

seb5
02-27-13, 20:01
I would like to have them in Arkansas. Umarex and Remington ammunition are here. Fairly tax friendly, very gun friendly, and with several manufacturing companies going to Mexico we have lots of empty manufacturing space, cheap.

Plato
02-27-13, 20:06
Magpul is awesome.

Great American company.

twistedcomrade
02-27-13, 20:16
The Californians have fianally screwed up Colorado. This sucks cause CO is a beautiful state. What a shame and what a class act Magpul is.

RogerinTPA
02-27-13, 20:25
Good on MagPul...come to FL;)

Benito
02-27-13, 20:39
Good on Magpul.
Too bad the taxes go to the statist communist thugs in charge.
Too bad, also, that any future criminal acts by, uh, criminals, will continue to be blamed on the "weapons industry" for "flooding the market with cheap weapons and assault clipzz".
But all in all: **** yeah for Magpul and freedom-loving Colorado citizens

SSGGlock
02-27-13, 20:39
I don't think I would have titled it this way. Sounds like a headline from CNN, MSNBC or the Washington Post. But a plus all the way round. Get Beretta to that in Mary Land.

SteveS
02-27-13, 20:48
An excellent company and their products are even better!

Redbeardsong
02-27-13, 21:01
Georgia would be a good home for Magpul. We've already got Daniel Defense, AAC, Glock, HK, DRD Tactical, Blue Force Gear, and Masterpiece Arms.

60buckscash
02-27-13, 21:06
I thought there was no grandfathering for 10 round mags after April 15. It was "turn them in or we're coming to get them."

The law bans any mag over 10 and grandfathers 8-10rd mags you currently own as long as you don't load >7. After 4/15 only <8rd mags can be sold.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 21:14

What if they got the actual Red Bull girls? Now it's a party.....

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 21:16
The Californians have fianally screwed up Colorado. This sucks cause CO is a beautiful state. What a shame and what a class act Magpul is.

These idiot people are attracted to states with awesome outdoor activities and scenery.....and then proceed to **** it up.....

Moltke
02-27-13, 21:23
Good on you Magpul.

P2000
02-27-13, 21:25
It is a shame to see such a wonderful company put through this bs, but the way that Magpul is reacting is awesome.

AZ would love to have you here!

T2C
02-27-13, 22:00
I don't need any more magazines, but after Magpul moves I will order 30 magazines just to stick my thumb in the eye of the Colorado legislature.

.46caliber
02-27-13, 22:18
What if they got the actual Red Bull girls? Now it's a party.....

This right here, good plan.

cobrad
02-27-13, 22:45
I've spent my entire life in this beautiful state. It is both heart rending and maddening to see the political **** ups we now have in office. I'm ordering 10 when they become available. All the Colorado gun owners I have spoken with about this gun control bull shit seem to feel the same way; time for civil disobedience if they try make us criminals through legislation. I don't see many people giving up their guns, magazines, or freedoms.

gunrunner505
02-27-13, 23:25
I don't need any more magazines, but after Magpul moves I will order 30 magazines just to stick my thumb in the eye of the Colorado legislature.

I'm stealing this plan.....hope you don't mind....

Dave L.
02-28-13, 02:15
Hopefully Magpul will offer "rebuild kits" just like 44mag.com does. Anything to help those in occupied territory. :ph34r:

gesundheit
02-28-13, 02:25
Please tell me, after reading the following link, if you guys still think Magpul is still the best thing out there since sliced bread.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=6114

This is not conjecture but a statement from one of Magpul's own sales manager and thus far I have not seen any statement from Magpul denying this practice.

I am having second thoughts about their committment to 2A rights. I guess it all boils down to money.

Adding Richard Fitzpatrick's, founder and CEO of Magpul, response to this story for completeness sake

I am the founder and president of Magpul Industries. Since forming the company in 1999 we have always had the same policy supporting uniformed military and law enforcement.

It is impractical with our distribution network to impose any type of requirements for LEOs. For example we cannot even stop resellers like Cheaper than Dirt selling PMags for over 8x retail because they purchase through our distributors.

Even then imposing a blanket set of rules on individual officers based upon what the elected officials say and do is counter to our philosophy of individual responsibility not collectivism.

DarkJ
02-28-13, 02:40
i hope for some of those mags to be up for reasonable prices

Dave L.
02-28-13, 02:50
Please tell me, after reading the following link, if you guys still think Magpul is still the best thing out there since sliced bread.

If you don't like it, don't buy from them. FREE MARKET ECONOMY.

They are leaving CO and taking their tax money with them. Who cares if they still sell mags to LE in CO. Now the CO departments wont be using Magpul's own tax money to buy mags from them. The departments will have to send money out of their state to get the same product.

Every person with two balls and an AR should leave CO regardless of what Magpul does.

EC72
02-28-13, 04:34
I only have a couple of Magpul products, no mags though. Now I can see just how messed up things can get when people lose sight of ethics, morals, and principles. Magpul IMHO is doing the right thing. Good job to the decision makers there.

wetidlerjr
02-28-13, 04:43
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=6114
This is not conjecture but a statement from one of Magpul's own sales manager and thus far I have not seen any statement from Magpul denying this practice.
I am having second thoughts about their committment to 2A rights. I guess it all boils down to money.
Adding Richard Fitzpatrick's, founder and CEO of Magpul, response to this story for completeness sake

Are you for real?
Go sit in the corner, be quiet and let the adults carry on the conversation.

BufordTJustice
02-28-13, 05:11
Fitz needs to bring his ass to Florida. Open Arms, baby!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

NYH1
02-28-13, 05:12
There is no grandfathering in 30 rd. pre-ban mags. We can own all the 10 rd. mags. that we want as long as we buy them by April 15th. We can load 10 rds. at the range and such, only 7 rds. any other time. However, if you get caught with your 10 rd. mags. loaded to 10 rds. in your house it's only a violation. Get caught with any 30 rd. and I think it's a felony.

There is a court date set for April 29th. to see if the UNSAFE Act. will be changed.

NYH1.

ryr8828
02-28-13, 05:24
Are you for real?
Go sit in the corner, be quiet and let the adults carry on the conversation.
I'm not sure where I stand on this but I don't see a differing point of view as deserving that kind of response.

aguila327
02-28-13, 07:51
As an LEO, life NRA member and proud gun owning American I'm happy that I can still purchase quality mags and such for my weapon.

I wish some off you idiots would stop lumping us all in with the antis.

We arrest real criminals out there also and would like to be as prepped as possible. I wont begrudge the manufacturers who have decided to stop selling to NY. I find their commitment brave, but to accuse Magpul of what that article is stating is just foolish and elitist of some of my fellow gun owners..

.46caliber
02-28-13, 08:25

Absolutely I still think they are great. When rifle builders said they weren't going to sell to certain LEO agencies I thought it was a good way to voice their stance and put a hurdle between their products and agencies in ban states. But BCM not selling to NYC LEO doesn't mean NYC LEO cannot get a BCM rifle.

Magpul chose a more subtle but sharper method that was more personal to them. Cram as many mags as possible into the throat of CO before the turd legislation is crammed into the throat of CO.

About the only thing more Magpul could do is park trucks in front of the State Senate and pass out Pmags to anyone walking by.

Both BCM and Magpul have earned some of my dollars because they stood up and did something.

Dave L.
02-28-13, 08:30

That statement wont score you any points. :rolleyes:

aguila327
02-28-13, 08:37
I know. Its just driving me crazy lately all this arguing amongst ourselves.

Last time I checked we were all on the same side.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ennbeegunny15
02-28-13, 08:41
That statement wont score you any points. :rolleyes:

Don't really care about the points. Let me be clear there are thousands of us Californians who support 2a and are not liberal. Unfortunately we are surrounded by many who don't share that belief. I always hear that crap about how Californians screwed up my state. Hellooooo.....the entitled ones aren't all from CA. I know more pro 2a people than I know anti's here in CA. Kudos to magpul, don't move to CA....

glocktogo
02-28-13, 08:42
As an LEO, life NRA member and proud gun owning American I'm happy that I can still purchase quality mags and such for my weapon.

We arrest real criminals out there also and would like to be as prepped as possible. I wont begrudge the manufacturers who have decided to stop selling to NY. I find their commitment brave, but to accuse Magpul of what that article is stating is just foolish and elitist of some of my fellow gun owners..

Please keep in mind that many pro-2A citizens are tired of gun control passing ONLY because there are LE exemptions. We don't want disarmed or inadequately armed officers, we just want equally armed officers. :(

The Rat
02-28-13, 08:43
I don't understand the big deal. Just a few months ago, it was not just accepted, but viewed as widely appreciated that companies like Brownells or Larue offered mil/LEO discounts.

To me, the root cause of people complaining about this is "Waaaah, I don't have MY Pmags yet!"

Airhasz
02-28-13, 08:45
:D This is how we lure industry to AZ... that and a cheap pool of illegal alien labor! :jester:

Hear talk of english soon to be the second language in AZ...:p

.46caliber
02-28-13, 08:45
Back on track and this should put a smile on your faces. Here is my proposal should the bill pass and Magpul packs up.

Bulletdog
02-28-13, 08:48

I won't lump you in with the anti's, but I will lump you in with the elitists who get special privileges over their fellow citizens. Guess what. Some of us idiots are the intended targets of the same "real criminals" that you arrest.

To reiterate what's been said before: 1. YOUR life is NOT more important than mine or my family members. 2. The first responder at EVERY crime scene is the civilian victim, and he/she should have the same tools as LE to protect themselves. 3. When your "free pass" gets revoked and you have to run around town with 7 round AR mags, like the rest of NY, THEN you will get off your elitist ass and fight WITH the rest of us. I don't wish to oppose you. I wish to welcome you to MY boat.

On the original topic: I was already a supporter of Magpul. Their products are already on my guns and I'm a very satisfied customer. This act of defiance toward the CO government and in favor of CO citizens only endears them to me that much more. I too will be stocking up on Magpul product that I don't even need now.

Bulletdog
02-28-13, 08:51

Am I missing something?

Give this man a cigar. Now you are gettin' it. You aren't missing a thing.

I hope you never have to deal with this, but welcome to life in a ban state.

Bulletdog
02-28-13, 08:56
Don't really care about the points. Let me be clear there are thousands of us Californians who support 2a and are not liberal.

You are wrong my CA friend, but in a good way.

There are actually around 4.4 million of us who voted AGAINST The Chosen One, last time around. The only state in the entire Union that had more people vote AGAINST the Kenyan was Texas, and only just barely. There are more anti-liberal voters in CA than ANY other state except Texas.

Honorthecall81
02-28-13, 09:00
MOVE TO KENTUCKY (Louisville)! It only makes sense. Kentucky is a state that is on the forefront of gun right preservation. We are located on the river and we have one of the largest UPS hubs in the nation right here. It would greatly assist production and shipping. Lets communicate this!

BufordTJustice
02-28-13, 09:34
Please keep in mind that many pro-2A citizens are tired of gun control passing ONLY because there are LE exemptions. We don't want disarmed or inadequately armed officers, we just want equally armed officers. :(

Agreed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

aguila327
02-28-13, 09:45
I won't lump you in with the anti's, but I will lump you in with the elitists who get special privileges over their fellow citizens. Guess what. Some of us idiots are the intended targets of the same "real criminals" that you arrest.

To reiterate what's been said before: 1. YOUR life is NOT more important than mine or my family members. 2. The first responder at EVERY crime scene is the civilian victim, and he/she should have the same tools as LE to protect themselves. 3. When your "free pass" gets revoked and you have to run around town with 7 round AR mags, like the rest of NY, THEN you will get off your elitist ass and fight WITH the rest of us. I don't wish to oppose you. I wish to welcome you to MY boat.

On the original topic: I was already a supporter of Magpul. Their products are already on my guns and I'm a very satisfied customer. This act of defiance toward the CO government and in favor of CO citizens only endears them to me that much more. I too will be stocking up on Magpul product that I don't even need now.

Listen I've been off my butt since 95. I also feel that a citizen (honest) has to have the right to purchase the same thing I can. You my friend can march alongside me anytime, regardless of you low brow comments about my desire to fight.

I'm in albany right now. If your here, come have a beer with all us concerned officers instead of feeling like we are elites you'll find that we are all concerned citizens

SHIVAN
02-28-13, 10:04
If everyone was in the same situation, where we were all limited to 10rd mags, or whatever, the tides of change would come quickly.

The slimy legislators know that as long as the police are not lumped in with the peasants, on mag and weapons restrictions, the police unions and chiefs will remain on their side, and actively pursue the passage of whatever contrived bullshit that they like. It will not affect the officers at all, except in their personal weapons collections.

In NY, they screwed the pooch, and did not exempt LE from the SAFE Act. When that was pointed out, it was corrected. Making, at a minimum, three classes of people. 1) Legislators 2) LE and 3) Other Citizens.

skydivr
02-28-13, 10:08
Some police officers are going to have some serious choices to make in the near future if some of this stuff gets passed. On which side of the fence will you stand on. A lot of military people are also having to make the same choice. I know many that are leaving the service(s) because they feel they can no longer wilfully obey the orders and policies of those appointed over them.

Jellybean
02-28-13, 10:08
There is no grandfathering in 30 rd. pre-ban mags. We can own all the 10 rd. mags. that we want as long as we buy them by April 15th. We can load 10 rds. at the range and such, only 7 rds. any other time. However, if you get caught with your 10 rd. mags. loaded to 10 rds. in your house it's only a violation. Get caught with any 30 rd. and I think it's a felony.

There is a court date set for April 29th. to see if the UNSAFE Act. will be changed.

NYH1.

Wow- that's one of the most asinine things I've ever heard in the last few months of asinine things....:blink:

As far as Magpul- I like the idea.
Frankly, I like the idea put forth here about handing them out on the steps of the capitol in CO. With the girls of course. :D
The question is, how long till they (and the other gun companies that have boycotted current bans) start feeling the blowback from a stunt like this?

Renegade
02-28-13, 10:09

Am I missing something?

You are missing the tiny clock on your PMAGS that indicates a date.

tb-av
02-28-13, 10:20
You are missing the tiny clock on your PMAGS that indicates a date.

...and if you ever decide to learn how to stipple your mags.... start there.

---------
Heard the VA Gov. on radio today. He is apparently courting these businesses to come to VA. The caller and he mentioned businesses leaving MD ( is Beretta in MD that name was mentioned ). He said he wished he could build a one way bridge from MD to VA. Then he said he was going to CA in April to talk to some business but I missed the name .. and he went off of guns to basically any businesses. even mentioned some golfer's name. I wish all the firearms related manufacturers would set up shop in VA. We get blamed for all the illegal guns found in other states anyway.

Oh and Magpul... the old AMF bowling facility is still vacant I believe right out near the airport. Call Gov. McDonald and tell him you want to make a deal. 1-800-828-1120

.46caliber
02-28-13, 10:47
The question is, how long till they (and the other gun companies that have boycotted current bans) start feeling the blowback from a stunt like this?

That's where we come in. A business that has a bigger hand than you or I alone took off the glove and slapped the Govt. If you appreciate what they did, buy their products and soften the blow a bit. Producer/Retailer and customer is a relationship. BCM and Magpul get it.

gunrunner505
02-28-13, 12:53
That's where we come in. A business that has a bigger hand than you or I alone took off the glove and slapped the Govt. If you appreciate what they did, buy their products and soften the blow a bit. Producer/Retailer and customer is a relationship. BCM and Magpul get it.

See my earlier post on ethics. You don't have it till it costs you something. BCM walked away from a contract worth maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars because the Milwaukee chief crossed a line in their mind. Magpul is doing the same thing, willing to move out of CO rather than compromise their principles. I'm sure neither company made this decision lightly or on a whim. They knew what they were doing. They knew they were walking away from police agency dollars and they also know some people, as an individual, won't buy from them anymore. It's a pain they are willing to absorb.

These incredibly strict laws for us mere common folk are going to do exactly jack to the criminal and BCM and us, know it. And until state and local government and agencies feel the heat from their decisions, right or wrong, what's going to make them think before they act?

.46caliber
02-28-13, 13:13
I saw it and agree 100%. There will be some sting for them. If we use our power as buyers to mitigate it some, that will encourage other vendors to follow suit. The more of us that stand up and throw down the gloves, both vendors and us lowly public, the more effective we will be at stemming legislation designed to consume our rights.

aguila327
02-28-13, 14:25
Some police officers are going to have some serious choices to make in the near future if some of this stuff gets passed. On which side of the fence will you stand on. A lot of military people are also having to make the same choice. I know many that are leaving the service(s) because they feel they can no longer wilfully obey the orders and policies of those appointed over them.

This is exactly the crux of the issue. I've never felt the turmoil I and my brother officer are facing right now.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens, but as we speak another dominoe begins to fall. (Maryland).

SPQR476
02-28-13, 14:33
Guys, LE sales are such a tiny percentage of what we do that the money isn't an issue. We just don't think that the ban accomplishes anything but hurting good cops stuck in bad states. We're taking a look at who we even sell to in a ban state, and it's not many. We probably have 1000x as many magazines go into CA as "rebuild kits" from resellers than go to LE. We just wish that all the litany of bashers over on TOS would expend as much energy actually fighting legislation effectively than trying to divide the industry over a symbolic gesture that won't accomplish anything. Believe me...if we thought it would have ANY positive effect, we'd be on board.

SPQR476
02-28-13, 14:34
BTW, offer is live for CO residents.

Renegade
02-28-13, 14:55

link does not work, or is it overloaded?

glocktogo
02-28-13, 14:58
This is exactly the crux of the issue. I've never felt the turmoil I and my brother officer are facing right now.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens, but as we speak another domino begins to fall. (Maryland).

I will say this, I just left a regional Chiefs of Police meeting where a large percentage of the chiefs in a 4 county area were in attendance. I was there to present a program and answer questions before a public rollout. One chief that's been on the news recently over a gun legislation issue, and is on a statewide committee to examine the issues before the Lt. Governor shells out legislative bills to be heard on the state house floor was there. I can tell you he was not nearly as anti-gun on the issue in this meeting as his political "handler" has him portrayed in the media. He had his own concerns, but was nowhere near as absolute in opposition amongst fellow CLEO's in a private setting. I was able to get with him offline and provide some information that might help steer the committee in the right direction.

I can only imagine that having his officers in near universal suppport of equal rights and responsibilities for citizens would help him when dealing with the politicos. Just some food for thought.

if you're in the game, do what you can profesionally, politically, and personally to effect a positive outcome. No one can ask more of you than that, and you'll know that any negativity over the issue towards the uniform you wear, doesn't apply to you personally. I know it certainly doesn't apply to me! :)

.46caliber
02-28-13, 15:00

Go you crazy bastards!

THCDDM4
02-28-13, 15:01

http://magpul.com/colorado

Try to paste directly into your broswer; when I cliked the link it was dead; but I got through once pasted...

Thanks Magpul! Keep up the fight!

DOA
02-28-13, 15:05
Guys, LE sales are such a tiny percentage of what we do that the money isn't an issue. We just don't think that the ban accomplishes anything but hurting good cops stuck in bad states. We're taking a look at who we even sell to in a ban state, and it's not many. We probably have 1000x as many magazines go into CA as "rebuild kits" from resellers than go to LE. We just wish that all the litany of bashers over on TOS would expend as much energy actually fighting legislation effectively than trying to divide the industry over a symbolic gesture that won't accomplish anything. Believe me...if we thought it would have ANY positive effect, we'd be on board.

Is their a reason you don't sell "rebuild kits" to CA directly? You sell mags directly to LEO.

Beat Trash
02-28-13, 15:26
I have some gen3 PMAG's that are back ordered and I'm waiting for them to arrive. I'll gladly wait a bit longer for them to arrive while MagPul takes care of those in Colorado.

Taking care of those living in Colorado while giving a F/U to the legislature in that state at the same time is worth it to meto wait a bit longer for my order to arrive.

John123
02-28-13, 15:36

Thank You, Magpul!

I've sent the offer to all my fellow residents :)

John

Auto426
02-28-13, 15:40

Best of luck to you guys.

AFshirt
02-28-13, 16:05
Id like to see them leave regardless of it the ban passes or not just for the state even thinking of such a stupid law.

ZINCOGNITO
02-28-13, 16:06
Thank You, Magpul!

I've sent the offer to all my fellow residents :)

John

I hope EVERYONE of you CO guys clears their warehouse out! I'll wait for mine....

dash1
02-28-13, 16:18
http://magpul.com/colorado

Try to paste directly into your broswer; when I cliked the link it was dead; but I got through once pasted...

Thanks Magpul! Keep up the fight!

I just sent this link to all of my friends and relatives in Colorado.

StevieJ309
02-28-13, 16:23
....We just wish that all the litany of bashers over on TOS would expend as much energy actually fighting legislation effectively than trying to divide the industry over a symbolic gesture that won't accomplish anything. Believe me...if we thought it would have ANY positive effect, we'd be on board.

I wouldn't worry about them as they are some of the most fickle people I've ever seen. They were simply lying in wait with their pitchforks ready to lambast the next company that came along.

Anyone that has been paying attention can see this isn't about money for you guys. If it were, you would have graciously accepted their manufacturing exemption instead of expending resources to fight it.

Keep doing what you're doing and I'll continue to support you guys.

Renegade
02-28-13, 16:24

Works now.

JS-Maine
02-28-13, 16:36
I know many that are leaving the service(s) because they feel they can no longer wilfully obey the orders and policies of those appointed over them.

Same here-DHS Agents. makes me proud to be an American when I see any service member, organization, or business like Magpul, Bravo, etc. step up, put their neck on the line, and boldly stand for what is right. If you could only hear the applause...

Striker6
02-28-13, 16:37
I got my information submitted without a problem. Now I'm just waiting for the ordering instructions.

SPQR476
02-28-13, 16:43
Apologies if you get a bounce back...you're seeing one of the reasons we haven't done nationwide direct sales...server is getting CRUSHED. Should just be transient, though. Please bear with us and just give it another try.

Retiredbroke
02-28-13, 16:46
I just registered, thanks very much!!

MAP
02-28-13, 16:48
Apologies if you get a bounce back...you're seeing one of the reasons we haven't done nationwide direct sales...server is getting CRUSHED. Should just be transient, though. Please bear with us and just give it another try.

Can multiple people at one address register?

I'll see you Monday for the hearings.

Mike

Gatekeeper
02-28-13, 16:53
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/pittpiledriver/Favorites/Smiley/bravo-7.gif That's great news! I'm not from Colo but will gladly wait so they can get theirs now.

JC0352
02-28-13, 17:59

You guys should post this on your FB page, because it's getting bombarded right now.

Brahmzy
02-28-13, 18:20
Thanks MagPul! Done and done. Got through fine.

Can my wife order some?

Moose-Knuckle
02-28-13, 18:21
I love it! :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/BoulderAirlift_zps298af28a.jpg

http://magpul.com/colorado.html

mastiffhound
02-28-13, 22:36
I applaud Magpul for sticking to their guns (pun intended) and planning to take away revenue from these dirtbags. I do think that what these lower than excrement polititians are trying to do is divide us. I don't think the issue among us here on M4Carbine of selling to LE is about dividing us. It more about bringing us together. Every one of these douche-bag press events that these ridiculous polititians are signing ignorant bills into law have one thing in common. Directly behind them (I do mean standing next to and around) are police commissioners, chiefs of police and generally lots of LE types. They are smiling, laughing, and giving each other high fives. I know I'm not alone, seeing this pisses me off to no end.

I'm sorry, but the general feeling is that we "civilians" are being treated unequally. If you have to deal with some worthless nothing like the guy who shot and killed my brother and you are as equally armed as us "civilians" the commissioners and chiefs would find out fast what shit rolling uphill feels like. I bet they wouldn't be laughing then.

Us regular "civilians" rightly feel slighted. We get penalized for others heinous acts. Then we are told we can't be trusted with a magazine that holds more than 7 or 10 rounds. All the while the upper management of city or state LE smiles in our faces while they back up bills that will disarm only the law abiding. It isn't about the money for sure, it's about the principal.

samuse
02-28-13, 22:38
I have some gen3 PMAG's that are back ordered and I'm waiting for them to arrive. I'll gladly wait a bit longer for them to arrive while MagPul takes care of those in Colorado.

Taking care of those living in Colorado while giving a F/U to the legislature in that state at the same time is worth it to meto wait a bit longer for my order to arrive.

I was thinkin' the same thing.

I'd be fine if DSG could divert my order North.

tommyrott
02-28-13, 22:53
thank you magpul got myself registered and emailed 2 diffrent match directors with info to pass to their mailing list. maybe somebody should start selling mags at all the firework stands that are 200 yds across the state line. something for people bagging on colorado to remeber that 88% of the population lives between ft.collins and pueblo on the I-25 corridor ,which means that the 12 % get ****ed by the city trolls. so got to love liberals, guns bad take away, pot good because we can pretend that we'll make money off the taxes. :suicide2:

bkaufmann
03-01-13, 00:40
just sent an email to be in the group, are we supposed to get a conformation right after or will we just get an email when were in the group?

Now if only there was any way Magpul could take me with them in their bags if they have to move :sad:

SPQR476
03-01-13, 04:42
Confirmation is a manual process, unfortunately, so it may take a bit. We've been hard at it sending out the confirmations, and we'll see about putting more manpower on it this am. As soon as the "welcome to the CO residents purchase group"
confirmation comes back, you are GTG with the order.

feedramp
03-01-13, 06:57

Amen! Cheers, Magpul.

CarlosDJackal
03-01-13, 13:51
Man, if I was filthy rich I'd buy every legal gun owner in Colorado a thousand PMags just to neuter this law.

I hope that they flood that state ends up with so many "high capacity" magazines that nobody will bother to enforce this bogus law.

LonghunterCO
03-01-13, 18:49
I signed up this morning, went into work and got tow others signed up. Thank you Magpul. How to see you all in Denver on Monday morning.

brushy bill
03-01-13, 18:50
Was all behind Magpul until I read their position on the NY Boycott. Now I don't care if they go, stay, or close shop.

ryan
03-01-13, 18:54
From FB.

REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

SteyrAUG
03-01-13, 19:03
Was all behind Magpul until I read their position on the NY Boycott. Now I don't care if they go, stay, or close shop.

Might want to read the post right below yours.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-01-13, 21:02
Im so ****ing disgusted with my state. Ive written letters, emailed, called, joined the NRA, told everyone I know about the evils of these bills, and yet THEY WILL STILL PASS. What the ****!?

I joined Magpul's Boulder Airdrop, my wife did too. We're prepared to buy our last 20 or so magazines for our AR15. Never thought I would be saying this. I dont have near enough Glock magazines.

I have 3 G17, 3 G19, and 2 G26. I wish I could find some damn 9mm glock magazines that werent overpriced and insane. I'll end up having plenty of AR mags, but I go into this insanity with no ****ing pistol mags, shouldve prepared better I guess.

TriviaMonster
03-02-13, 15:54
Maybe you can buy some post ban G17 mags if you *promise* not to load more than 10 rounds in them.

God Bless Magpul and God Save Colorado.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-05-13, 20:11
Thank you Magpul! Order placed.

As soon as I get them, I will fill them with concrete and dump them in the lake. Cant have any of these damn assault clips getting loaded with assault hollow point cop killing bullets and used in a military style assault weapon designed to kill lots of people.

eodinert
03-06-13, 06:07
I'll be happy when Magpul announces where they're moving to, so everyone can stop the 'You should move to ___________ <- insert your state here brown-nosing.

Good on Magpul for putting their money where their mouth is.

brickboy240
03-06-13, 10:52
So it is like "here are your mags...enjoy them...you won't be getting anymore or rifles to put them in." BTW, we might be leaving the state, too.

Anyone else still find this unsettling?

So you got your mags before everyone else...but lost your freedoms.

Not a good trade.

-brickboy240

Littlelebowski
03-06-13, 16:30
So it is like "here are your mags...enjoy them...you won't be getting anymore or rifles to put them in." BTW, we might be leaving the state, too.

Not a good trade.

-brickboy240

Who are you complaining about here?

brickboy240
03-06-13, 17:18
It is just a sad situation that is all.

I bet it is one they never saw coming in a state like that. Scary.

BTW, when do they do the final vote in CO to make this all official? Doesn't it still have to pass the CO state Senate? If so....what are the chances if it passing?

Sorry...down here we don't get the details and I really don't know the make-up of the CO Senate. Hard enough keeping up with our own TX congress.

If the CO Senate shoots it down...is it dead for good?

-brickboy240

MAP
03-06-13, 17:19

Not a good trade.

-brickboy240

It's not a trade. A trade requires consent of both parties. We have no voice in the ongoing assault on the 2A here in CO. Magpul is helping out CO resident while giving a big F you to the progressive legislature.
I'm standing with Magpul in all of tis.

Mike

brickboy240
03-06-13, 17:23
So its over?

I thought the CO state Senate still had to pass it.

If it fails there...is that it or can it still be enacted?

-brickboy240

SPQR476
03-06-13, 21:06
Second reading, debate, and voice vote Friday. Third reading and the counted vote that matters on Monday. If we get one more vote, it's dead, until next session, anyway.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-06-13, 21:49

Not a good trade.

-brickboy240

Thats exactly what Im doing! Partying and celebrating that I got my last shipment of 10 mags, woo-****ing-hoo! :rolleyes:

Im pleased to see that Magpul is helping out those of us that now find ourselves deep behind enemy lines one last time. We didnt ask for this....

Gunzilla
03-07-13, 08:06
We didnt ask for this....

You may not have asked for it personally....but every conservative that stayed home on election day did! :suicide2:

It's seems fairly clear to me why Marxist revolutions throughout history have ended with free thinking citizens, politicians and 'elites' at the wrong end of a gun.

Hmac
03-07-13, 08:59
You may not have asked for it personally....but every conservative that stayed home on election day did! :suicide2:.

Or every conservative that wrote in Rand Paul for president instead of voting for Romney.

Littlelebowski
03-07-13, 09:07
Or every conservative that wrote in Rand Paul for president instead of voting for Romney.

Are you not aware of the actual election numbers or something?

Littlelebowski
03-07-13, 09:13
http://www.redstate.com/kforti/2013/03/06/breaking-colorado-anti-second-amendment-legislators-criminal-record-exposed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Renegade
03-07-13, 09:19

Which state would have gone Romney if all of the votes for Rand Paul went to Romney? Even better, which state would have gone Romney if ALL of the 3rd party votes went to Romney?

Romney lost this election because voters stayed home. Turnout was significantly lower than 2008 for both candidates, and the election came down to who had the least voters stay home.

Littlelebowski
03-07-13, 09:20
Which state would have gone Romney if all of the votes for Rand Paul went to Romney? Even better, which state would have gone Romney if ALL of the 3rd party votes went to Romney?

He can't answer that because he was not speaking knowledgeably.

yellowfin
03-08-13, 11:55
Are you not aware of the actual election numbers or something?
Including or excluding the cemetery votes?

jaydoc1
03-08-13, 17:27
Thanks Magpul! Ordered my fifteen 5.56 and ten .308 mags. Probably just in the nick of time, too if the floor vote today on background checks is predictive of the rest of the bills' outcomes.

ra2bach
03-08-13, 21:16
Thanks Magpul! Ordered my fifteen 5.56 and ten .308 mags. Probably just in the nick of time, too if the floor vote today on background checks is predictive of the rest of the bills' outcomes.

I thought the limit was 10 mags?

jaydoc1
03-08-13, 21:17
I thought the limit was 10 mags?

Three different versions and you could order 5 of each.