PDA

View Full Version : G&R Tactical VSM 1 Day Carbine Class April 27 Ohio

C4IGrant
02-27-13, 09:40
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grants_Pics/VSM_Logo.jpg

When: April 27
Where: Tusco Rifle club (Founders 100rd range)
Time: 0900-1700
Cost: $150 per Student (Cash only please)
Ammo: 200-300rds

Gear:
Eye Protection
Hearing Protection (electronic ears are best)
Two mag pouches
Sling for AR
3 mags (minimum)
Water
Lunch
Appropriate gear for the weather (rain jacket, etc.)

This is a heavy diagnostics class where we closely examine what you are doing as a shooter. Every round counts and you will have to push hard in order to pass many of the tests and drills.

This class is designed to be a small (10-14) students so it will fill up fast! Please RSVP your place in line ASAP by sending an e-mail to: sales@grtactical.com

VSM certificates of completion will be given out at the end of the class.

NOTE: If you need 5.56 ammo, we will have some available for you to purchase!

C4

4DAIVI PAI2K5
02-27-13, 10:21
Wish I could make it but that is the boys birthday party. :jester:

I'll spread the word to the local guys.

Trajan
02-27-13, 11:45
Count me in.

munch520
02-27-13, 12:02
In! Email sent

C4IGrant
03-01-13, 14:28
This class is now FULL!

C4

munch520
03-01-13, 19:44
Forgot to ask, is this considered "Carbine Basic" or "Carbine 1"?

C4IGrant
03-01-13, 21:42
Forgot to ask, is this considered "Carbine Basic" or "Carbine 1"?

It is meant to get shooters ready for a Vickers Level 1 class. So all the fundamentals are covered (or as much as we can in 8hrs).

We have a core set of "pass/fail" tests that shows a shooter where they are and what they need to improve on.

C4

munch520
03-01-13, 23:34
It is meant to get shooters ready for a Vickers Level 1 class. So all the fundamentals are covered (or as much as we can in 8hrs).

We have a core set of "pass/fail" tests that shows a shooter where they are and what they need to improve on.

C4

Great thanks Grant

C4IGrant
04-29-13, 08:52
Great Class on Saturday. We had a RARE warm 70 degree day for the class!

This was a Level 1 class and we covered all the fundamentals (safety, correct names of parts, firearms etiquette/proper handling, zeroing, grip/stance, offsets, different types of mag changes, malfunction clearing and of course several tests)!

Thanks to everyone that came out!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Training_Pics/VSM_Carbine_Level1_2013.jpg

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-29-13, 09:42
Had a great time Grant. Got myself slowed down and shooting better as the day went on. Thanks for fitting me in last minute.

Any Ohioan who is on the fence about going to their first class, don't hesitate to sign up for the next class.

buyforce
04-29-13, 11:36
Perfect day on the range! Thanks to Grant and Ben. I don't think there was a person on the range that didn't make an improvement, from start to finish. I found a couple of my problems early. I finished the day much improved in ability, as well as confidence. The malfunction clearing was a nice addition.
You guys do a great job teaching. We had a safe, competent group. That made the day go smooth.
Thanks again. Until next time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Got UZI
04-29-13, 20:29
Had a great time. Was a safe group and we had our fun poking at each other for things but the information was solid. Lookin forward to VSM Carbine 2.

Trajan
04-29-13, 20:32
Had a great time, and learned an important lesson amongst other things in regards to driving the gun. Can't wait for the next one.

munch520
04-30-13, 18:14
Any Ohioan who is on the fence about going to their first class, don't hesitate to sign up for the next class.

Definitely.

I'll reiterate my apologies for the muzzle brake :)

Agree with everyone else in saying it was a great class, and an awesome way to kick off the 2013 training schedule. I really value the way Grant (and the Vickers method) hold accuracy as the final metric (drills were conducted primarily at 25yds, some at 50 and 100). We are all 'good' or 'fast' until we get off the 7 or 10 yard line and back it up to 25.

The score sheets from the tests are also great to have, those will be referred to over the coming weeks.

Columbus/Cincinnati/Dayton guys, PM me to sync up a carpool for upcoming pistol and carbine 2 courses. If there's enough of you interested, we could have Grant down to central Ohio for instruction as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-30-13, 20:26
I know Marshall and I will be at carbine 2

munch520
04-30-13, 20:28
I know Marshall and I will be at carbine 2

Lets meet before then for some shooting/drills (and painting). I've gotta come your way anyway so Ben can work some of his magic on the wife's new Shield.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-30-13, 20:46
Lets meet before then for some shooting/drills (and painting). I've gotta come your way anyway so Ben can work some of his magic on the wife's new Shield.

Sounds like a hella good plan. Watch out for Ben putting the spring in backwards... lol (Grant make sure Ben reads that) :lol:

munch520
04-30-13, 20:59
:laugh: