PDA

View Full Version : Colorado SB13-196

kerplode
02-27-13, 14:31
Submitted today by Sen Morse. This one is scary...

SB13-196 - Assault Weapons Responsibilty Act (http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/28EB8FECB7D3F79387257B03007B8F72?Open&file=196_01.pdf)

skullworks
02-27-13, 15:20
So feel free to leave your Hi-Point as a loaded pacifier in the baby crib, but oh are you ****ed if someone gets hold of the keys to your gunsafe and accidently kills your neighbor's "vintage" '85 Camaro with your AR-15?

Sure, sounds legit...

skydivr
02-27-13, 19:29
You know, CO used to be a pretty good state, then all the Californicators showed up, and are ruining it. And before the guy from Cali starts whining, the truth kinda hurts sometimes....

mike240
02-28-13, 03:31
Same reason Az is getting screwed up. Sometimes I think securing our west border is more important than securing the southern one.

m03
02-28-13, 09:49
You know, CO used to be a pretty good state, then all the Californicators showed up, and are ruining it. And before the guy from Cali starts whining, the truth kinda hurts sometimes....

Don't be silly. As an Alabamian living in the aforementioned hostile territory currently (and I can't wait to get out), I see way more conservatives and libertarians escaping Cali to these states than I do leftists. After all, what motivation is there for leftists to leave?

I've said it elsewhere before, but the real issue is:

1) The Republican party is still our best bet as far as the RKBA is concerned.

2) The Republican party is losing ground due to their continued stance on a number of key non-RKBA issues (abortion, same-sex marriage, and the war on drugs immediately come to mind).

If the Republican party would shift their positions on these points, then they'd stop losing ground. Period. The current positions border on lunacy given the shift in public sentiment on those issues, and combined with things like the foolish statements on rape from the likes of Akin, it's no wonder that we're in the mess that we're in.