PDA

View Full Version : is this a genuine Knights armament ?

Turner NZ
02-27-13, 18:21
Hi just wondering if this is a genuine Knights armament rear sight ? can anyone tell ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNIGHTS-ARMAMENT-Micro-REAR-SIGHT-Assembly-BUIS-Knights-KAC-Fits-Pici-/251227946354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7e5a3d72

^Rb
02-27-13, 18:26
If the price is too good to be true, it's likely fake (check).

If it's on eBay and not being sold through a reputable seller, it's likely fake (check).

I personally wouldn't risk it, but since the seller also has a bunch of milsurp stuff, he may be active duty just trying to get rid of stuff (anybody's guess)

Turner NZ
02-27-13, 18:30
yeah true not so much the price of the item its that he ships to New Zealand, so hard to get good gear shipped here....

TheAxeShooter
02-27-13, 18:35
Pretty sure KAC released info that these were stolen government property.

^Rb
02-27-13, 18:45

Here are the relevant threads:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105174

and

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99577

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 18:53
Here are the relevant threads:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105174

and

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=99577

You got it.

d90king
02-27-13, 18:57

Yup, stay away from any and all of them.

yfz
02-27-13, 19:09
KevinB confirms they are stolen in this thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_381/215190__ARCHIVED_THREAD____More_stolen_sights_on_eBay_.html&page=1

yfz
02-27-13, 19:12
If you look at the Ebayer's other listings that the OP linked there is alot of USMC stuff. Possibly also stolen, but just a guess.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 19:19
Definitely stolen USMC property.
Stay away, the sellers and buyers of these are about to be in a world of hurt.
This guy is a thief, he is stealing from all of us. It is the US taxpayer that bought these sights, he stole them and is selling YOUR property for his own profit. And it's not just the sights, look at the rest of the gear he is selling...thousands of YOUR dollars going into his pocket.

kyrin88
02-27-13, 19:20
Who gives, its not like anyone can prove its stolen:rolleyes: Maybe he is a marine, who knows. I would just ask him where he got the sights first before anything. if his answer starts off with " a friend of mine" then forget it. General rule of thumb is to stay away from stolen property.

royal
02-27-13, 19:35
Wow... hard to give "benefit of the doubt" on this one. That's serious inventory. Seller is claiming "more than 10 available" on a substantial amount of brand new gov gear.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 19:36
Lots of the gear he is selling is probably not stolen I mean you can pick most of it up at the local surplus store. But you don't just come up with multiple kac sights that are brand new. And that are not released with those markings to the general public. I've seen multiple sellers with large numbers of these things for months now.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 19:37
Who gives, its not like anyone can prove its stolen:rolleyes: Maybe he is a marine, who knows. I would just ask him where he got the sights first before anything. if his answer starts off with " a friend of mine" then forget it. General rule of thumb is to stay away from stolen property.

Look at what he has listed, look at his feedback and what items he was selling.
Further, Knight's has sold exactly 0 of the USMC sights to anyone outside the official supply channels.
I'm not asking anybody to care about stolen government property, as there are plenty of LE agencies that do.

yfz
02-27-13, 19:52
Lots of the gear he is selling is probably not stolen I mean you can pick most of it up at the local surplus store. But you don't just come up with multiple kac sights that are brand new. And that are not released with those markings to the general public. I've seen multiple sellers with large numbers of these things for months now.

If they are selling a fairly large amount of one item that is stolen then it makes you wonder about the rest of their ads.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 20:04

I would love to know what surplus store is selling USMC SPCs, USMC MTVs, USMC PolarTec Fleece Jackets, USMC ILBE packs, USMC 2-Man tents, several sets of brand new USMC Frog Suits, USMC knee and elbow pads, USMC bug-nets, Desert Digi Polartec Fleeces, several pairs of USMC marked Bates boots, USMC Happy Suits, brand new USMC desert GoreTex, USMC issued flashlights, brand new Nomex CamelBak gloves, several Otis cleaning kits, NVG rhino mounts, USMC Serpa holsters, USMC M5 RAS systems, Motorola radio pouches, USMC reversible ponchos, GripPods, a CIRAS armor package, CVC helmets(!), brand new USMC RAT boots, USMC Thermarest sleeping pads, prototype USMC chest rigs, a PVS14(!), USMC LW Helmet, Eberlestock Gunslinger pack, numerous GSA schedule pouches, and dozens of USMC contract sights, at prices so low as to make buying and reselling them way below market value profitable. They must have some incredible industry hook ups.:rolleyes:

yfz
02-27-13, 20:08
I would love to know what surplus store is selling USMC SPCs, USMC MTVs, USMC PolarTec Fleece Jackets, USMC ILBE packs, USMC 2-Man tents, several sets of brand new USMC Frog Suits, USMC knee and elbow pads, USMC bug-nets, Desert Digi Polartec Fleeces, several pairs of USMC marked Bates boots, USMC Happy Suits, brand new USMC desert GoreTex, USMC issued flashlights, brand new Nomex CamelBak gloves, several Otis cleaning kits, NVG rhino mounts, USMC Serpa holsters, USMC M5 RAS systems, Motorola radio pouches, USMC reversible ponchos, GripPods, a CIRAS armor package, CVC helmets(!), brand new USMC RAT boots, USMC Thermarest sleeping pads, prototype USMC chest rigs, a PVS14(!), USMC LW Helmet, Eberlestock Gunslinger pack, numerous GSA schedule pouches, and dozens of USMC contract sights, at prices so low as to make buying and reselling them way below market value profitable. They must have some incredible industry hook ups.:rolleyes:

Some good guys down there at the mil surplus store. haha

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:11

Do you not realize that the government auctions this stuff every day I remember when you could buy a lot of hummer parts but at the time you could not actually buy a hummer because they had a 14 year serviceable life. Not to mention that a lot of this stuff can be purchased by Marines in the px a lot of the polartec stuff I know is available for individual purchase.

Keydet08
02-27-13, 20:17

And how does it end up in the surplus store? Perhaps because it was STOLEN! If you leave CIF gear unattended anywhere near a base it disappears quickly. As someone who has had to council many young Marines on why they are financially responsible for their stolen gear because they did not properly secure it, I would like nothing better than to see dudes like this get slammed. With that body armor listed I'm sure NCIS is already on it...

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:18
I can remember bidding on a lot at MCLB Barstow. A couple of years ago paid a couple of hundred dollars for it and in one crate it contained aprox 100+ ms2000 strobe distress markers. And those at the time were currently in the supply channel. More than Likely a lot that crap prob is stolen. Just sad that's it's not staying in the hands of our forward deployed troops.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:28
I'm just wondering. How these guys are walking of the base with multiple spc units etc. with out getting caught. My dad spent 32 years in the Corps. His later years as a CID agent. And later after retirement as NCIS.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 20:35
Do you not realize that the government auctions this stuff every day I remember when you could buy a lot of hummer parts but at the time you could not actually buy a hummer because they had a 14 year serviceable life. Not to mention that a lot of this stuff can be purchased by Marines in the px a lot of the polartec stuff I know is available for individual purchase.

Dude, I was a Marine for 15 years, serving in numerous capacities that included acquisitions and procurement, and currently work as a Military and Government Liaison for a DoD weapons manufacturer. Yeah, I know the system. So, just to put everybody on the same page, here's how the system works:

There is a program called DRMO: Defense Reutilization Management (or Marketing, depending on location) Office. DRMO takes broken and obsolete equipment and reuses it. Units can snag up stuff for free, which is a nice way for low-funding units to get old but usable gear, or to blow it up in training. It can also be sold to the public. HOWEVER, if there is a current contract running to get the gear to units, the items CANNOT be sold, and in fact, should never wind up at DRMO in the first place. Most current items actually have demilitarization requirements if they are broken beyond repair and cannot be returned to the manufacturer. I can tell you right now, the items I listed from the seller CANNOT be DRMO items in new condition, and most of them could not be DRMO items if they were blown in half.

Yes, SOME of that stuff (a really low number, BTW) could be purchased from the PX, not not anywhere near the price that he is merrily selling them for.

Really, I'm curious as to why you are going to such lengths to defend a pretty obvious thief.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 20:36
I'm just wondering. How these guys are walking of the base with multiple spc units etc. with out getting caught. My dad spent 32 years in the Corps. His later years as a CID agent. And later after retirement as NCIS.

I would guess that they are probably driving...

domestique
02-27-13, 20:39
Item has been taken down.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:40
I'm not defending him at all your the one that's taking 20 mins to make a multiple paragraph post when I have said multiple times that I agree the stuff probably is stolen. STOLEN. Looks to me like you have to be the one that is always right. All I'm saying is some stuff is attainable in a legal manner.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:42
I'm not defending him at all your the one that's taking 20 mins to make a multiple paragraph post when I have said multiple times that I agree the stuff probably is stolen. STOLEN. Looks to me like you have to be the one that is always right. All I'm saying is some stuff is attainable in a legal manner.

And no I'm not saying this stuff is or was obtainable.

Keydet08
02-27-13, 20:43

When you have to deal with 19 year old brand new Marines that aren't getting a paycheck because someone stole their issued gear and now it comes out of their pocket it becomes a big deal...

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:45
When you have to deal with 19 year old brand new Marines that aren't getting a paycheck because someone stole their issued gear and now it comes out of their pocket it becomes a big deal...

I agree.

Turner NZ
02-27-13, 20:53
well that answered my question sounds to risky doesn't matter if its govt property or joe's down the road i wont support thief.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 20:59
well that answered my question sounds to risky doesn't matter if its govt property or joe's down the road i wont support thief.

Good call

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 21:03
Hey failure2stop can you confirm that the USMC contract sights were using a hex or flat head screw.???

Rattlehead
02-27-13, 21:08
Hey failure2stop can you confirm that the USMC contract sights were using a hex or flat head screw.???

All of the USMC marked KAC sights I've seen used hex/allen screws.

All of mine have flat heads, without the USMC lazed logo, and cost twice to three times as more than the hot sights.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 21:16
All of the USMC marked KAC sights I've seen used hex/allen screws.

All of mine have flat heads, without the USMC lazed logo, and cost twice to three times as more than the hot sights.

Yeah had seen that as well that's why I was wondering if the issue sights on contract also had the flat head than I could leave them as some airsoft knockoff crap.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 21:16

Hex.
Otherwise, it's a counterfeit.
Or the screw was swapped for some reason.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 21:20
Good deal man. So the Marine Corps requested they be hex heads over the Flat head on the civilian model also the pics in the one post looks as if the markings are different on the two sights with the USMC markings.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 21:33

Because I have to sit in meetings about it, answer questions on the phone about it, answer emails about it, heart about it on forums, talk to investigators about it, have to deal with invoices, and have to constantly educate potential buyers about them to dry up the demand for them. And that's the small stuff.

As a former leader of Marines in several combat tours, it sucks like nothing else to not have the gear you paid for, the gear you need to do your job, win gunfights and bring Marines back to their loved ones, and not have it because somebody stole it from you, or it never arrived because somebody stole it en route. Or your unit can't buy the training/ammo/gear/facilities you need for success because it's budget is sucked away paying for stolen gear so somebody can sell it on Ebay.

And to push it another step further, our nation's fiscal irresponsibility has forced a crushing blow to our people. Maybe, if there were more people out there that actually cared enough to do their jobs and do the right thing we wouldn't be in such a ****ing sad state.

It's the public assumption about what can be released by DRMO that allows these people to steal from you. Not only do I not like incorrect information being thrown around, it's actually a forum rule.

So, yeah, I took 20 minutes to explain the issue, guess that's just who I am.

Failure2Stop
02-27-13, 21:36
Good deal man. So the Marine Corps requested they be hex heads over the Flat head on the civilian model also the pics in the one post looks as if the markings are different on the two sights with the USMC markings.

Early sights were lasered/marked differently than later ones.

DiabhailGadhar
02-27-13, 21:36
Never been an east coast Marine THANK GOD! but the MTV he has for sale is out of Wilmington, NC..that's relatively close to MCAS New River...

motorolahamm
02-27-13, 21:42
Because I have to sit in meetings about it, answer questions on the phone about it, answer emails about it, heart about it on forums, talk to investigators about it, have to deal with invoices, and have to constantly educate potential buyers about them to dry up the demand for them. And that's the small stuff.

As a former leader of Marines in several combat tours, it sucks like nothing else to not have the gear you paid for, the gear you need to do your job, win gunfights and bring Marines back to their loved ones, and not have it because somebody stole it from you, or it never arrived because somebody stole it en route. Or your unit can't buy the training/ammo/gear/facilities you need for success because it's budget is sucked away paying for stolen gear so somebody can sell it on Ebay.

And to push it another step further, our nation's fiscal irresponsibility has forced a crushing blow to our people. Maybe, if there were more people out there that actually cared enough to do their jobs and do the right thing we wouldn't be in such a ****ing sad state.

It's the public assumption about what can be released by DRMO that allows these people to steal from you. Not only do I not like incorrect information being thrown around, it's actually a forum rule.

So, yeah, I took 20 minutes to explain the issue, guess that's just who I am.

:) like I said was not trying to argue with you.