PDA

View Full Version : IWB (NOT AIWB) Holster

brushy bill
02-28-13, 12:03
Looking for a nice IWB holster (3-5). Read through our holster sticky, and frankly, with all that's been going on lately with several seemingly promising kydex companies apparently not shipping until 1-2 yrs later and giving folks here the run around (I won't go through the list, you all know who they are), I'm looking for the latest info and want to make sure I am not missing anything (good or bad).

I could just go with another Sparks as Brownells has them in stock or wait 30 days for a Raven Quick Ship, and PSS is looking pretty good too (not sure on their turn) but is there anything out there that is better where I'm not playing roulette with getting the product?

Oh, and no "search" button please for those so inclined. I have extensively and it is leading me to believe what might be good today isn't tomorrow based on failures to deliver, deceptive practices, etc.

Thanks.

rjacobs
02-28-13, 12:11
I was late to go onto the Cross Breed Super Tuck, but I picked one up for a steel and I really really like the holster. Much more comfortable than the RCS(and knock offs) that I have run(And still have, but on a battle belt now) as well as conceals better I believe too. My dad has a Comp-Tac MTAC with a few different holster bodies he likes ok, but he got a Cross Breed after seeing mine and says he likes it better, although its not as modular as his MTAC.

Striker
02-28-13, 12:19
Looking for a nice IWB holster (3-5). Read through our holster sticky, and frankly, with all that's been going on lately with several seemingly promising kydex companies apparently not shipping until 1-2 yrs later and giving folks here the run around (I won't go through the list, you all know who they are), I'm looking for the latest info and want to make sure I am not missing anything (good or bad).

I could just go with another Sparks as Brownells has them in stock or wait 30 days for a Raven Quick Ship, and PSS is looking pretty good too (not sure on their turn) but is there anything out there that is better where I'm not playing roulette with getting the product?

Oh, and no "search" button please for those so inclined. I have extensively and it is leading me to believe what might be good today isn't tomorrow based on failures to deliver, deceptive practices, etc.

Thanks.

WillBrink did a write up on an IWB holster a couple of months back. He seemed to really like it. I don't remember the holster, but the thread should still be around. You might want to take a look at that.

crusader377
02-28-13, 14:15
I just bought a Desantis Intruder for my M&P Shield and I have been happy with it. It conceals very well, is tuckable, and was affordable ($50). It is similiar in concept to a crossbreed type holster. I bought mine from Midway and received it in a week.

thatpanda
02-28-13, 15:20
Check out occidental holsters. Pricey, but there's no wait, and very high quality. I have two of them and they're comparable to milt sparks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Straight Shooter
02-28-13, 15:36
I did a review of my Galco Double Time IWB/OWB Kydex holster.
I love this thing. Wore it all day today even. Have not yet worn it as an OWB, but itll do well for that I know already.
I paid $59 + $5 shipping for it. There are video reviews on youtube.

bprice01
02-28-13, 17:36
I like my Galco King-Tuk.

FAB45
02-28-13, 17:41
My Glock 19 rotates between a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Bravo Concealment Kydex holster with the J clips.

hwaya
02-28-13, 20:05
I carry my G19 in a Bladetech phantom, its a damn good price for a pretty good holster. And it should be in stock at places, so no wait.

domestique
02-28-13, 20:08
Bill for what type of handgun?

adh
02-28-13, 20:12
I carry my Glock 17 in a Bladetech Nano
http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_13_16

SavageBrew84
02-28-13, 20:30
For the last couple of months I've been carrying a P229 in a Galco King Tuk at the 430-5 position and it seems to carry pretty well even considering how heavy that pistol is when it's loaded. I ordered it from Cabela's and had it shipped to my local store in about a week for $60.

If I had a gripe about something it would be the thin black leather that they use on top of the cow hide. Fortunately, I got one of the older one's when I ordered it and it came with the outside edge stitched instead of being glued on only. I have a feeling that if mine didn't have that stitching I probably wouldn't like it as much.

It might not be the be all end all in IWB holsters but its pretty versatile when it comes to cant and ride height. So far it's moulded quite well to my hip and as far as I know its still quite readily available for a lot of different frames. Good luck

Hdog83
02-28-13, 20:34
Just got a shipping notice yesterday from PSS for a custom ordered IWB for a G19 with X300. This will be my 2nd from PSS. Order date was 1/22/13, so I would consider that good to go.

RCS is also quite popular on M4C; I don't know what they quote for time now on quick ship items, but I have not heard of any bad stories with them not living up to promises or expectations.

wnroscoe
02-28-13, 21:13
http://i48.tinypic.com/v45je9.jpg
Minotaur MTAC Holster

I use this holster with my G19 & G23 if no light is attached. Rides and hides great.

Hdog83
02-28-13, 21:48
Sorry - forgot to include the Comp-Tac hybrid holsters, as shown in the prior post from wnroscoe. I have several of the same holster - more comfortable than 100% kydex, and they do conceal well. Comp-Tac is also quite reliable with quoted delivery times, based on my experience.

okie john
02-28-13, 22:05
Try a BladeTech Nano.

Okie John

moonshot
02-28-13, 23:16
I've had outstanding customer service and very fast delivery from Comp-tac. No problems with returns and credit when the holster didn't work out.

Highly recommend their C-tac.

bzdog
02-28-13, 23:19
If you could get a Milt Sparks, why would you look for something else?

FWIW, the Raven Concealment can be configured for IWB and works OK that way. I tend to use the Raven optional hw kit and CompTac clips.

IMO the Crossbreed works OK but is vastly over-rated. It (at least the ones I had) is pretty cheap construction. The Comp-Tac MTac OTOH is much nicer, but be on the lookout for stickiness if you don't have it adjusted correctly.

The Comp-Tac CTac doesn't have the MTac's stickiness issue, but the flexibility of the "wings" make it more work to put on, although it is comfortable once on and works well.

I haven't used one, but I hear decent things about he AKJ Concealco product.

Somebody, I can't remember who, makes an upscale hybrid like the MTac which might be worth looking into.

-john

Sensei
03-01-13, 00:05
For a dedicated IWB, my 2 favorite are the Crossbreed Supertuck and Comp Tac Minotaur. The Milt Sparks VM-2 is another great choice if you want all leather. I'm sure there are other quality dedicated IWB holsters out there, but those are the 3 that have worked best for me.

If you want a holster that can perform IWB and OWB, the only two companies that I really trust are RCS and PSS. The fits of these 2 companies is a little better than the DSG Alphas that I own.

Psalms144.1
03-01-13, 07:20
Bill - I've had good luck with Contact Concealment's OWB holsters. Their design mimics the Raven, and they typically ship in a hurry for less money.

Haven't used their IWB stuff - for that purpose (which, for me, is a VERY limited application) I use FIST #1K holsters exclusively...

Regards,

Kevin

brushy bill
03-01-13, 08:53
Bill for what type of handgun?

G26 and an M&P 9 full size

ra2bach
03-01-13, 12:30
G26 and an M&P 9 full size

ready now --

http://www.persecsystems.com/page/online-store#!/~/category/id=4704515&offset=0&sort=normal