PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Utah

trdt44
02-28-13, 16:56
I just wanted to post and say hello. I actually registered a few years ago when I bought my first AR, a Colt LE6920, but didn't post much. So far my biggest contribution has been to "Where can I find it thread" although I hope to contribute in other areas. I have learned a ton from this site and want to thank everybody.

I have been wanting to build one myself and after this started I decided it might be now or never. I have been able to snag a few deals on items and since I refuse to pay panic prices it has been slow going. I almost have about everything I need.

I have been around guns/hunting all my life. I got my first Marlin 22 when I was ten and have haven't looked back since. I still get all the hunting and target shooting in that I can.

Just as a side note I have written all my reps a number of times. Living in Utah they are all mostly on the right side of the issue but I still wanted to do my part.

Brimstone
02-28-13, 17:03
Welcome from Lehi!

ginarik
02-28-13, 17:09
Welcome from Clearfield :)

trdt44
02-28-13, 17:12
Welcome from Clearfield :)

Welcome from Lehi!

Thanks. I grew up in the Ogden area and currently live in Layton.

Diezel
02-28-13, 22:41
welcome from American Fork :smile:

hjmpanzr
03-01-13, 20:16
Welcome. Soon to be from Morgan.

hjmpanzr
03-09-13, 16:09
Alright, officially moving to UT in the next two months and I'm hoping someone on this thread can help me out.
I've lived it UT before but not since 98. I was shooting ARs at the time but I'm sure the landscape has changed significantly and at the time I had no class 3 products.
Now I have to find a class 3 dealer relatively soon. I have one suppressor on a form 3 here in VA and the dealer will send it to one in UT but I need to find one. Moreover, there will be a few more form 3s coming their way soon as well. Any suggestions?
BTW, I'm going to living near Ogden (probably Morgan Cty) but I am willing to drive to SLC for a good dealer.
My preference would be similar to the arrangement I have in NoVA. I generally use two class 3 dealers here and they provide me a PDF of their FFL/SOT to use when I buy firearms and class 3 items. I recognize that type of service usually comes after a couple of transfers but that's what I'm looking for if possible. Alternatively, any good dealers so I can start the process of transfering items already in the pipeline.

trdt44
03-09-13, 18:40
Alright, officially moving to UT in the next two months and I'm hoping someone on this thread can help me out.
I've lived it UT before but not since 98. I was shooting ARs at the time but I'm sure the landscape has changed significantly and at the time I had no class 3 products.
Now I have to find a class 3 dealer relatively soon. I have one suppressor on a form 3 here in VA and the dealer will send it to one in UT but I need to find one. Moreover, there will be a few more form 3s coming their way soon as well. Any suggestions?
BTW, I'm going to living near Ogden (probably Morgan Cty) but I am willing to drive to SLC for a good dealer.
My preference would be similar to the arrangement I have in NoVA. I generally use two class 3 dealers here and they provide me a PDF of their FFL/SOT to use when I buy firearms and class 3 items. I recognize that type of service usually comes after a couple of transfers but that's what I'm looking for if possible. Alternatively, any good dealers so I can start the process of transfering items already in the pipeline.

The two Class 3 dealers that I know of are Impact Guns and Get Some Guns. Impact is in Ogden and I have made a few purchases there and they are Ok. Get Some has a couple locations with the nearest location being Murray (Salt Lake). I have a coworker that spends a lot of time there and I will ask how they are to work with. For regular FFL Transfers my go to place is Sierra Guns in Clinton.

Impact Guns
2710 South 1900 West
Ogden, UT 84401
P: 801-393-2474
F: 801-393-2476

Get Some Guns
6651 South State Street
Murray, Utah 84107
(801) 562-1222

Shiz
03-10-13, 13:34
Welcome, from Bountiful/North Salt Lake area TRD!

About class 3. I did some of my class 3 through Impact Guns in Ogden but found the old guy to be curt and frustrating.

There is a new class 3 dealer in SLC named "Joe Firearms" and their prices are better than Impact...I will use him for my next suppressor.