PDA

View Full Version : Rough Acrylic Paint on Glock?

GetFuzzy2
02-28-13, 20:00
I'm a big fan of my Glock 19 and 26 but I could only imagine how hard it would be to rack the slide if my hands where covered with mud or blood. I do not want to buy a cool guy Glock upper with a sand paper finish or put grip tap on it. Could I spry it with rough acrylic on the pistol to give it some grip? Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Long Live the Old Republic

enforcer22
03-06-13, 18:57
I'm a big fan of my Glock 19 and 26 but I could only imagine how hard it would be to rack the slide if my hands where covered with mud or blood. I do not want to buy a cool guy Glock upper with a sand paper finish or put grip tap on it. Could I spry it with rough acrylic on the pistol to give it some grip? Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Long Live the Old Republic

I would suggest you try a little marine tex. Sand the area, tape off the area in the size/shape you want to texture, apply it thinly to the area you want the texture, let sit a few min, then take a scratch pad dab it on the area. If its too rough just sand down the high points until you get the desired effect. If you dont like it, it can be sanded off and re applied.

DWood
03-06-13, 19:26
I think you are preparing for a problem that does not exist.

T2C
03-06-13, 19:30
My Glocks have been dirty, muddy, sweaty and bloody. I have never had a problem cycling the slide.

The most you might want to do is swap out the rear sight for a steel sight.

Voodoo_Man
03-06-13, 19:50
I have ran a G21 with bloodied hands and a G19 in drenching rain (that came sideways at times).

Never had an issue with the slide.

AKDoug
03-06-13, 21:59
That's what those cuts on the back of the slides are for..

c3006
03-07-13, 08:38
My Glocks have been dirty, muddy, sweaty and bloody. I have never had a problem cycling the slide.

The most you might want to do is swap out the rear sight for a steel sight.

Perfect answer

okie john
03-07-13, 10:10
Could I spry it with rough acrylic on the pistol to give it some grip?

I think I'd avoid this. You might end up having holster fit issues, and it probably won't make your pistols any more useful under the conditions you describe.

The Gen4 G22 was built to the specs of some very serious people who use them in real combat every day. It has standard cocking serrations and the (I think) RTF 2 grip treatment. I believe it's a pretty good model for a modern fighting pistol.

Okie John

maddy345
03-07-13, 15:49
Perfect answer

+1. I would look for a rear sight with a good front edge that you can rake on a hard edge like a counter top, belt, car door, etc

smoky
03-08-13, 07:01
+1. I would look for a rear sight with a good front edge that you can rake on a hard edge like a counter top, belt, car door, etc

This.

Whenever I get a new Glock the sights are the first thing to get replaced.

TriviaMonster
03-08-13, 19:40
10-8 sights or their special Redback 1 edition. I have the latter and they are great and very popular around here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2