PDA

View Full Version : Illinois AWB

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 10:15
There is debate in Springfield about banning AR's in Illinois like Quinn and Rahm advocate. And Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is ok with it.....

Then they explore arming the Chicago PD with rifles. Complete hypocrites. Looks like BCM can add Cook county PD's and Chicago PD to the pay no mind list.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-illinois-assault-weapons-ban-0301-20130301,0,4678142.story

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

RMiller
03-01-13, 17:29
If we do not get a reasonably CC and if any type of AWB is passed. I'm moving.

StevieJ309
03-01-13, 17:58
Their last attempt at an AWB didn't even make it out of committee. I know they are going to keep trying, but it doesn't seem like that's going to get passed here.

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 18:01
The napoleonic dwarf can't manage his city yet somehow seems to know what we need at a state level? When Chicago is a perfect utopia where the whole world wants to be and you can leave your Ferrari unlocked with the keys in it and it will still be there next month then maybe.

He was not made king. I do not live in the city, he should have no say in what i can or can't have. What an asshole...

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 18:16
If we do not get a reasonably CC and if any type of AWB is passed. I'm moving.

Texas is looking better all the time. Now if I can only find some sucker that will buy my house....

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 20:11
Does anyone know if Springfield Armory or DSA, or whoever, is planning to or has gone to the capital to testify or whatever in front of these clowns?

RMiller
03-01-13, 20:13
Texas is looking better all the time. Now if I can only find some sucker that will buy my house....

A sucker is born every minute.....

Luckily I still rent, and luckily it probably wouldn't be hard to convince my GF to move south. She has family in both Alabama and Texas.

Breacher 217
03-01-13, 20:23
Check out Rep. Jim Sacia stance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acn-8kFZ7Gc&sns=em

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 20:24
A sucker is born every minute.....

Luckily I still rent, and luckily it probably wouldn't be hard to convince my GF to move south. She has family in both Alabama and Texas.

Start working on her now. Go to Texas and get out of this bastion of communism, while we can still travel state to state with no papers....

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 20:32

And his point is valid. STATE of Illinois, CITY of Chicago. Chicago and it's population are not the only people in the world, only 2.7 million of them. Rest of the state, 10.3 million. Numbers don't lie, sorry Rahm...

well not really sorry but you get it...

Breacher 217
03-01-13, 20:37
Unfortunately Chicago is driving the bus...

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 20:50
Unfortunately Chicago is driving the bus...

That they are, as unfortunate as it is.

RMiller
03-01-13, 21:03

That's great stuff.

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 21:13
I'd say the south was risin' up except Pecatonica is out west....

demonicr1
03-01-13, 21:28
Everyday I think about trying to buy a home in TN and renting our home out. I've had enough of this state. You can't afford to sell, and the banks aren't lending even if you could afford to bring the cash to closing to makeup the difference. My wife and I are stuck living in a rural area in a state run by corrupt politicians of a single city. I ****ing hate Illinois.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

.46caliber
03-01-13, 21:37
We were just talking today at work about how different IL would look if Lake Michigan swallowed Chicago. I would miss making Cubs jokes.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

gunrunner505
03-01-13, 21:53
We were just talking today at work about how different IL would look if Lake Michigan swallowed Chicago. I would miss making Cubs jokes.

I'd trade the Cubs jokes to live in a state that doesn't suck the ass out of a dead rhinocerous. Even if it really is just 1 city that wrecks the whole place.

Hey, instead of seceeding from Cook county, maybe we can just kick Chicago out of it? There's an idea.....

On the upside, we have the Hawks.....

.46caliber
03-01-13, 22:38
I'd trade the Cubs jokes to live in a state that doesn't suck the ass out of a dead rhinocerous. Even if it really is just 1 city that wrecks the whole place.

Hey, instead of seceeding from Cook county, maybe we can just kick Chicago out of it? There's an idea.....

On the upside, we have the Hawks.....

I don't want to talk hawks, last night stung.

I have family over there and they are unaware of the Constitutional transgressions. MO, IN, and OH are all more 2A friendly. Hell, one MO legislator has submitted a bill that would make a felon out of any MO legislator that submits anything that limits the 2A. IL is beautiful but that one city is really screwing the pooch for everybody. Chicago really needs a big enema to flush the doodie out.

Breacher 217
03-01-13, 22:43
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o164/jashby76/Funny%20pics/ABE3AE78-0178-4A65-BC5E-19449F72496E-7424-00000307203FB0E7_zps33dad56a.jpg

bts1981
03-05-13, 01:53
This would be a great state if it wasn't for Chicago. Great Sacia video.

gunrunner505
03-05-13, 09:35
This would be a great state if it wasn't for Chicago. Great Sacia video.

How tough would it be to kick out Chicago? They can go be like Luxembourg, city state, on their own...

nml
03-07-13, 16:21
That is quite insulting to Luxembourg. Rahm Emanuel's crime Mecca probably had more reports last year than Luxembourg has had in the last 200.

gunrunner505
03-07-13, 16:49
Since Chicago is pretty much a giant turd wrecking the whole state, if we can get rid of it somehow then it helps the rest of us. Not a cure all but it's a start.

g-rap
03-13-13, 21:42
Since Chitcago is full of brainless zombies anyways, why not send in Daryl and Rick to eradicate them.:p This is a joke of course, at least the Daryl and Rick thing.

AlphaKoncepts
05-29-13, 12:56
Senate Bill 1002 (the mag ban) may be resurfacing. Todd V, the NRA lobbyist in Illinois, is advising we all contact our state senators and express our disgust. I haven't checked but heard rumor that an Amendment was filed on this bill yesterday as well.

gunrunner505
07-01-13, 09:28
Doesn't an AWB ban violate the Heller decision? There is a part in there about being able to regulate dangerous or unusual firearms however as the AR is no more dangerous than a common hunting rifle, and the most popular rifle platform in the country it is certainly not unusual.

jpmuscle
07-02-13, 23:30
For those who didn't catch this in the news and because we all know bad guys don't carry where alcohol is served and only carry 10 rounds on their person at any time. Gotta think of the children too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/02/quinn-changes-illinois-concealed-carry-legislation/

Illinois Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn triggered a backlash from his own party as well as the NRA on Tuesday after he unilaterally changed legislation meant to allow the carrying of concealed weapons.

In a challenge to gun-rights supporters, Quinn moved to cap the number of firearms and rounds that can be carried by Illinois residents and ban guns from any place that serves alcohol.

The move was a nod to the governor's gun-control base as the state faces a court-ordered July 9 deadline to allow concealed-carry.

But, by using what is known as his "amendatory veto power," Quinn could imperil the carefully crafted deal, which now heads back to the legislature.

Some lawmakers have already vowed to reject Quinn's new provisions.

Sen. Bill Haine, a Democrat, says he hopes lawmakers will override the veto. Assistant Majority Leader John Sullivan said Quinn "ignored the will of the people."

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam also criticized Quinn's changes. "Limiting the rights of law abiding people has never been an effective tool in reducing crime. Arresting, prosecuting and punishing criminals is. That's a simple and straightforward concept that reasonable people grasp," he said in an email.

Before the court ruling, Illinois was the only state in the nation to still prohibit citizens from carrying concealed weapons. The legislation was meant to remedy that.

Quinn, in announcing his decision to impose last-minute changes, claimed the bill had "serious flaws" that jeopardize public safety.

"Therefore I've used my power under the constitution of our state to make important changes, common sense changes, to protect the safety of our people," he said.

Among those changes, he called for guns to be banned from any business where alcohol is served.

"Guns and alcohol don't mix. And I think it's very important that the legislature understand that message from the people of Illinois," Quinn said.

He also added a restriction so that licensed gun owners would only be allowed to carry a single concealed gun and one ammunition clip holding up to 10 rounds.

Sen. Tom Cullerton said Quinn tried to score "political points" with the veto.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/02/quinn-changes-illinois-concealed-carry-legislation/#ixzz2XxBU3jgX

Alaskapopo
07-03-13, 00:35
For those who didn't catch this in the news and because we all know bad guys don't carry where alcohol is served and only carry 10 rounds on their person at any time. Gotta think of the children too.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/02/quinn-changes-illinois-concealed-carry-legislation/

The 10 rounds is BS of course but mixing booze and guns is not a good idea. That part I support but I would change the verbiage to allow for those going to dinner in a restaurant that serves alcohol so long as they are not drinking. Forbid guns in bars and establishments where the primary thing sold is alcohol.
Pat

Alpha Sierra
07-03-13, 05:25
That part I support but I would change the verbiage to allow for those going to dinner in a restaurant that serves alcohol so long as they are not drinking. Forbid guns in bars and establishments where the primary thing sold is alcohol.
Pat

Who cares what you think?

Plenty of states have proven you wrong by not forbidding people from carrying in any place that serves alcohol, bars included, and yet not having the "wild West" crap your kind always fearmonger with come true.

ryr8828
07-03-13, 05:49

Plenty of states have proven you wrong by not forbidding people from carrying in any place that serves alcohol, bars included, and yet not having the "wild West" crap your kind always fearmonger with come true.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly. I can walk into a bar and then leave without being drunk.
Bloomberg from NY is already injecting millions to keep us in IL from exercising our rights, now we have law enforcement from Alaska chiming in wanting more restrictions.

I seldom even go to bars anymore outside of having a couple at the golf course clubhouse after playing golf. However I just view all this bullshit as a tactic. The courts have ruled we have the right so the gun grabbers try and place as many restrictions on the right as possible to the point of actually denying it.

You can carry a gun with a permit except
in a bar
on public transportation
in a park
in a library
within so many feet of a school or day care center
in a federal building
in a state building
at a sporting event
at a place where there is a gun prohibited sign

And not in the parking lots of any of these either, which means you can't even disarm to go into any of these places, you're breaking the law the minute you park your car.
So you can carry in your home or yard is what it amounts to, unless your home and yard is next door to a day care center or school.

I'm used to libs posting anti gun messages on my website, we're having a hell of an argument there about George Zimmerman right now. Kind of surprising to see so many posts wanting to take my rights away on a site like this one here though.

Palmguy
07-03-13, 05:53
The 10 rounds is BS of course but mixing booze and guns is not a good idea. That part I support but I would change the verbiage to allow for those going to dinner in a restaurant that serves alcohol so long as they are not drinking. Forbid guns in bars and establishments where the primary thing sold is alcohol.
Pat

The language in the bill before Quinn unilaterally changed it was essentially what you recommend.

The biggest change that he made was to institute a presumption that it is illegal to carry in any particular place unless the property owner specifically posts that it is permitted there.

Alaskapopo
07-03-13, 05:56

Plenty of people have proven me right by screwing up and getting drunk with a firearm handy forever harming lives and ending futures. Guns and alcohol don't mix period just like cars and alcohol don't mix. It takes at least as much responsibility to handle a gun as it does to drive a car. Most gun ranges do not allow alchol on site for a reason. Pretty much everything you are taught about gun safety states alcohol and guns don't mix. So why mix them in a bar.
Pat

Alaskapopo
07-03-13, 05:59
The language in the bill before Quinn unilaterally changed it was essentially what you recommend.

The biggest change that he made was to institute a presumption that it is illegal to carry in any particular place unless the property owner specifically posts that it is permitted there.

Thats a bad change. We have it the other way around. Its ok unless posted otherwise. However in a residence you need to let the owner know and ask permission. Property rights trump gun rights in that case.
Pat

Littlelebowski
07-03-13, 07:02
Plenty of people have proven me right by screwing up and getting drunk with a firearm handy forever harming lives and ending futures. Guns and alcohol don't mix period just like cars and alcohol don't mix. It takes at least as much responsibility to handle a gun as it does to drive a car. Most gun ranges do not allow alchol on site for a reason. Pretty much everything you are taught about gun safety states alcohol and guns don't mix. So why mix them in a bar.
Pat

Yup.

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-478947-mcgowan-police.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspended-firing-gun-brooklyn-bar-fight-article-1.1293412

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/06/city_officer_shoots_man_after.html

Alaskapopo
07-03-13, 07:06
Yup.

http://www.ocregister.com/taxdollars/strong-478947-mcgowan-police.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspended-firing-gun-brooklyn-bar-fight-article-1.1293412

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/06/city_officer_shoots_man_after.html

For the record I don't think cops should be armed in bars unless their working on duty doing bar checks or undercover (even then it should be minimized) as your articles above illustrate no matter who you are alcohol and guns don't mix. I have seen alcohol ruin a lot of cops careers.
Pat

Alpha Sierra
07-03-13, 07:08
Pat

It's like talking to a fence post, so I won't bother replying.

Littlelebowski
07-03-13, 07:08
For the record I don't think cops should be armed in bars unless their working on duty doing bar checks or undercover as your articles above illustrate no matter who you are alcohol and guns don't mix.
Pat

Wow. We are in agreement again :D

Alaskapopo
07-03-13, 07:13
It's like talking to a fence post, so I won't bother replying.

I respond to fight calls at bars more than any other place. Add guns into that mix of alcohol induced stupidity and it will just get worse much much worse.
Pat

Alpha Sierra
07-03-13, 07:51
I respond to fight calls at bars more than any other place. Add guns into that mix of alcohol induced stupidity and it will just get worse much much worse.
Pat

I don't care what you think will happen. I know what HAS happened in MY state which went from not allowing concealed weapons, to allowing them but not in places that serve alcohol, to removing that prohibition if you have a CHL.

What has happened is not what you think will happen. You are wrong. And what's worse, you can't admit it in the face of evidence.

Ryno12
07-03-13, 08:04
Pat, with all due respect, please don't head this thread south. I can almost guaranty that most, if not everyone who posted before you, live in or around Illinois. Your opinion is based around your experiences living in Alaska. This is the Great Lakes forum. Not that everyone isn't welcome but many issues/lifestyles/cultures are different, geographically. Things are way different by you than by us. Please respect that.

Sent via Tapatalk

Alpha Sierra
07-03-13, 11:06
Pat, Your opinion is based around your experiences living in Alaska.

I hadn't thought of that, but a cop from a state that collectively can't handle its liquor is in NO position to lecture anyone on the effects of carrying into places that serve it.

:rolleyes:

jpmuscle
07-03-13, 14:41
So wait a minute just so were clear the argument is that because stupid people do stupid things absent of whatever the law says good folks should be disbarred from exercising their rights because of the actions of said stupid people? Really? I'd say surprised but I'm not.

This is tantamount to arguing that women shouldn't carry for protection because some would be rapist might get a hold of the weapon and use it on her, she should just lie there and take it like a good victim and say thank you.