PDA

View Full Version : Regarding LEO Sales.

RichFitz
03-01-13, 18:55
3/1/13 Regarding LEO Sales.

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing 2nd amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick- President/CEO -Founder
Magpul Industries Corp

Traveshamockery
03-01-13, 19:28
This is a good idea, and further cements Magpul's commitment to principle over profit.

djegators
03-01-13, 19:47
I appreciate your position on this. I'm not LEO/MIL, but I see why you don't want to leave anyone on the front lines out to dry. It is also quite apparent that you stand with the people as well. I support Magpul!

Safetyhit
03-01-13, 19:56
Sir make no mistake, we have indeed taken note of your decision and extend our fullest and sincerest appreciation. You will surely be both remembered and rewarded for the decision you made this evening and God willing you will give others similar strength and clarity.

Breacher 217
03-01-13, 20:02
Rich, thank you for your service to our country and for your continued support helping those on the front line.

Zane1844
03-01-13, 20:08
I really do appreciate your choice, and your company!

glocktogo
03-01-13, 21:29
Rich,

I just signed up for your LE program and have 10 mags in my cart, along with some other stuff. I support your efforts here and will patiently wait however long your company needs to ensure that those of us who wear a badge and want your products, also stand shoulder to shoulder with you in support of the Constitution of the United States.

Kudos to you sir! :)

Irish
03-01-13, 22:26
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - B. Franklin

DMark
03-01-13, 23:08
Rich,

As a cousin, nephew and Father of LEOs, I can tell you that all of my family stands with you.

Well Done Sir...., Well Done!

.46caliber
03-01-13, 23:20
Magpul,

We all know this decision was not a light one. By your efforts in CO, it is pretty evident that you want your actions to carry a bit more weight than even a noble gesture. Don't let up. An iron resolve is what gave birth to this country, what prevailed in our darkest hours and what we need to preserve our Constitution in the days ahead.

Just like the solution you found for the people of CO, I expect you will find a solution for LEO sales that we can all support.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ZGXtreme
03-01-13, 23:33
From a LEO, I approve and wish more would follow suit.

Raven Armament
03-02-13, 00:03
SilencerCo/SWR has an interesting take on the situation. You could replace "silencers/sound suppressors" with other gun control nonsense:

Recently we have been asked what our policies are regarding the sale of silencers/sound suppressors to governmental agencies is in states where civilian sales are illegal.

Our policy is as follows: For any LE agency purchase, REGARDLESS of geographic location or the state laws regarding NFA transfers to civilians, we require a "Statement of Benefit" document signed by the Chief Law Enforcement official in the requesting jurisdiction. This statement reinforces the reasons that silencers are beneficial for ALL user groups, including civilians. These statements are then filed and can be used at our prerogative to assist in our lobbying efforts to legalize civilian silencer ownership and hunting with silencers where they are prohibited by state law. Silencerco/SWR's goal is to promote the use and ownership of silencers for civilians, Law Enforcement and Military. We do not support agencies whose administrations do not support the rights of the people to own these important personal protection devices.

Quite simply, agencies who wont sign the statement of benefit and thereby assist our efforts to promote silencer ownership and usage, will not be sold or supported by us.
Emphasis is mine.

.46caliber
03-02-13, 20:17
SilencerCo/SWR has an interesting take on the situation. You could replace "silencers/sound suppressors" with other gun control nonsense:

This policy is great. I'd love to see a copy of the "Statement of Benefit" they require agencies to sign. I like seeing the details and I wouldn't put it past chief officials, see Chicago or Milwaukee PD, signing it and a month later burying their nose firmly between DiFi's butt cheeks. I wonder if there is a check in place.

T2C
03-02-13, 20:58
I am recently retired LEO and a military veteran. Rich, thank you for your position on this issue. I know it was a tough decision, but the right one.

Kokopelli
03-02-13, 22:40
Excellent thank you. Can you tell us the status of your "possible relocation? Ron

skydivr
03-02-13, 23:06
Sir, thank you for taking a stand. We'd love to have you here in Tennessee!!

streck
03-02-13, 23:23
Call me contrary but it reads too much like a work around for an agency ban.

"If your state passes a ban, I won't sell to the agency but if individual officers promise to uphold the 2nd Am that is already trampled in your state, I will sell to you...."

I'm not LEO but retired military. Since I already upheld every aspect of the Constitution in practice or 20 years, may I promise and pinky swear to continue to do so and have Magpul send me standard capacity magazines if my state or the feds pass a ban.....

nickdrak
03-02-13, 23:34
Call me contrary but it reads too much like a work around for an agency ban.

"If your state passes a ban, I won't sell to the agency but if individual officers promise to uphold the 2nd Am that is already trampled in your state, I will sell to you...."

I'm not LEO but retired military. Since I already upheld every aspect of the Constitution in practice or 20 years, may I promise and pinky swear to continue to do so and have Magpul send me standard capacity magazines if my state or the feds pass a ban.....

UN-****ING-BELIEVABLE.

parishioner
03-02-13, 23:39
I think it speaks volumes that we need to have a promise to uphold a promise.

streck
03-02-13, 23:43
I think it speaks volumes that we need to have a promise to uphold a promise.

It's an interesting paradox when they swear to uphold the laws as part of their job but then a company promises to sell them a banned to civilians product if they promise to violate one of those laws.

Miceleb
03-02-13, 23:46
Coming from a LEO I promise to uphold the oath to protect the constitution!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

nickdrak
03-03-13, 00:25
As much as MagPul has done to fight the battle in CO. and everything they are willing to sacrifice because of it, some people still insist on hammering them over their latest stance. ****ing ridiculous.

There is no 100% solution to this issue. It isn't simply black or white. Frankly, everyone calling for any companies head for not taking an outright LE ban stance is acting exactly like their liberal anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment counterparts who make all of their decisions based solely on emotion.

Start your own magazine manufacturing company and sell your junk to only those you feel are "worthy". Let us know how that works out for ya ;)

Low Drag
03-03-13, 07:36
I appreciate that decision and your backbone and standing up.

If you will be at the capitol in Denver tomorrow for the hearings I plan on speaking before the committee that is voting on the AWB and mag limit, maybe we'll run into each other.

I just got an email this morning, they have changed the schedule and agenda AGAIN.

The dems in charge are really jerking us around on this one. But I feel strongly enough to burn a personal day to be there.

Obiwan
03-03-13, 07:42
I respect the right of any company to sell to anyone they want

But I also see the hypocrisy of allowing police to have standard capacity magazines but not civillians

if there truly is no "need" for them then the laws should apply to everyone...much like their first draft in NY

That approach should bring magazine bans to a screeching halt

streck
03-03-13, 08:25
As much as MagPul has done to fight the battle in CO. and everything they are willing to sacrifice because of it, some people still insist on hammering them over their latest stance. ****ing ridiculous.

Except that they first stated that they were going to hold sales to LEO to the same standard local law requires for civilians only to change that a couple of days later to state that they will sell LEO....

SPQR476
03-04-13, 11:55
This isn't an easy one guys...we are 1000% behind individual 2A rights, and we want to do something truly effective in influencing ban state policies while reconciling that with pro 2A LE, if possible. We need to put some resources into that, but it's been an all hands, running on red bull, monster, rock star, and coffee kind of surge operations effort since December. I'm writing this from the Capitol right now. We've been talking to LE and non-LE Citizens in our customer base across the country, as well as our friends in this nationwide fight, and I'm confident we'll have something truly effective when we get a chance to take a breath. During our efforts to formulate the best way forward, the complete suspension of ban state LE sales will remain in effect while we focus on the Senate and Governor here.

streck
03-04-13, 11:59
Thank you for taking the time to post that. I appreciate it.
Hopefully more rational minds will prevail and this matter can be resolved without any of us having to make compromises.

.46caliber
03-04-13, 12:48
Keep at it fellas. Do not let up.

Low Drag
03-04-13, 13:41
This isn't an easy one guys...we are 1000% behind individual 2A rights, and we want to do something truly effective in influencing ban state policies while reconciling that with pro 2A LE, if possible. We need to put some resources into that, but it's been an all hands, running on red bull, monster, rock star, and coffee kind of surge operations effort since December. I'm writing this from the Capitol right now. We've been talking to LE and non-LE Citizens in our customer base across the country, as well as our friends in this nationwide fight, and I'm confident we'll have something truly effective when we get a chance to take a breath. During our efforts to formulate the best way forward, the complete suspension of ban state LE sales will remain in effect while we focus on the Senate and Governor here.

I just left the Colorado capitol. I was planning on speaking in front of one of the senate committees. The dirt bags are only letting 30 people speak.

Safetyhit
03-04-13, 15:05
Thank-you for the update Duane. Another someone pretty far from your venue truly wishes you the best nonetheless.

HawaiianM4
04-13-13, 03:20
I thank MAGPUL for having smarts to start this. I think all firearms and ammo manufactures should do this. If they what to ban private citizens then lets ban to the LE in every state and city that has banned us! Thanks to MAGPUL, I bought MAGPUL before all this crap started because they make great products. Now I am a bigger fan than before.