PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sequestration day everyone....

Voodoochild
03-01-13, 20:12
Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful sequestration day..

No.6
03-01-13, 20:29
How can you be so glib when their (politicians) world is coming to an end?! And we were so worried about the Mayan apocalypse....

Honu
03-01-13, 20:34
roads are breaking apart criminals all over saw some planes falling from the sky !

Got to run !

SteyrAUG
03-01-13, 20:36
Ha Sequester what a joke.

You act like it's as bad as each state trying to pass an Assault Weapon Ban while Feinswein tries yet again to jam a Federal version down our throats, Wal Mart has no ammo again and Pmags are as rare as a Berkeley whore without herpes.

And after an entire week of "the sky is falling if Republicans don't do something" the Obama administration is doing Olympic quality flip flopping trying to downplay the event.

Glad the Republicans didn't cave in this ONE ****ING TIME.

They have been given TAX INCREASES without spending cuts and have RAISED the debt ceiling. Time to start spending less. Useless government got us here, they need to get their asses back to work and start finding more cuts.

Voodoochild
03-01-13, 20:39
I wish I could upload the furlough day song our IAM sent us today. I know how can we forget about those poor politicians. They must be starving and wondering how they are going to keep that roof over their head and food on the table.

**** those grimy cocksuckers. I know have to take days off without pay because of them. Our Network shop is comprised of 3 people to support and entire base. Guess those projects wont be getting done after all... I wonder if I can use the politicians as an excuse when systems go Tango Uniform?

Moose-Knuckle
03-01-13, 20:44
So when does the shooting start . . . :sarcastic:

Voodoochild
03-01-13, 20:57
So when does the shooting start . . . :sarcastic:

You have to ask you are late to the party. Fell free to fire off a desk pop..everyone does it.

Belmont31R
03-01-13, 21:26
I wish that 85 billion had an extra 0 in there, and then we'd only have about 750 billion left to go to get a balanced budget.

jpmuscle
03-02-13, 01:56
Perhaps the uninformed masses will wake up and realize shrinking the fed does not equate to apocalyptic annihilation. But I'm not holding my breath. Potus has egg on his face on this and I for one am dam happy to see it.

duece71
03-02-13, 06:06
Happy Sequestration Day has a national holiday ring to it. Lovely.

austinN4
03-02-13, 06:27
Perhaps the uninformed masses will wake up and realize shrinking the fed does not equate to apocalyptic annihilation. But I'm not holding my breath. Potus has egg on his face on this and I for one am dam happy to see it.
He only has egg on his face in the eyes of the minority, which is part of the problem.

While I agree with the Speaker's position, his delivery really, really sucks, as it does for most Repubs for that matter.

On the other hand, POTUS has a great delivery and PR machine, which is why the majority believe him, even though he misleads on many issues and facts.

No.6
03-02-13, 07:01
Wait, what the hell is going on here? The sun is coming up. How did this happen? Is all I've been told a.... lie? Please Barry, please make the sun reverse it's course and not shine on us today, so that we may all remain in the dark....

cqbdriver
03-02-13, 07:37
My company (defense contractor) saw the writing on the wall & already started the layoffs. I don't know the final number, but it was enough to invoke the WARN act.

My department laid off 2/3. My group had 4 people. Only I survived (so far). More layoffs are coming along with possible furloughs.

Decade of war, poor economy, bad politicians - it is what it is.

Magic_Salad0892
03-02-13, 08:06
http://www.army.mil/article/97010/Sequestration_may_affect_reset_from_Afghanistan/

May be worth a read.

Armati
03-02-13, 09:04
I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and from what I can see, I would send a solid 2/3 of these contractors home.

What moron wrote that article? "Retrograde while in contact"? What contact? Most of the troops over here have only ever been in contact with Green Beans, pizza, and hopefully the gym (sometimes).

The Reset problem is largely an Army self-inflicted GSW cause by using maintenance and logistics processes developed in the 1950's and buying equipment that requires lots of maintenance - maintenance that only can be conducted by more contractors. No modern company would maintain it's equipment fleet the Army does.

J-Dub
03-02-13, 09:19
Its about time they cut some spending....only a few trillion to go...

kittyhawk
03-02-13, 09:59
Oh I can't wait to my forced time off. Hopefully the asses who make my schedule will schedule my furlough day in conjunction with my days off so I can get a part time job 3 days a week.....

Mauser KAR98K
03-02-13, 11:38
It sucks because Obama seems to be punishing the people who tried to defeat him in 2012. There are a lot of other places the cuts can come from that do not hurt our national security. When Regan was in office, he did it to the freeloaders, not our folks in harms way, or could be deployed into harm's way.

This asshole pisses me off crisis after crisis.

TAZ
03-02-13, 12:24
It sucks because Obama seems to be punishing the people who tried to defeat him in 2012. There are a lot of other places the cuts can come from that do not hurt our national security. When Regan was in office, he did it to the freeloaders, not our folks in harms way, or could be deployed into harm's way.

This asshole pisses me off crisis after crisis.

Our elected officials are doing whatever it takes to put this country under. Our fearless leaders (both sides of the coin) screw us coming and going. Give them freedom and they put us into debt paying for idiotic project after idiotic project. Put the screws to their spending and they purposefully trim bone instead of fat. We are in a lose lose situation with these piece of shit career politicians.

To quote Archer: they can all eat a dick

DireWulf
03-02-13, 12:52
The Obama administration set the countdown clock for this "crisis" several years ago. It's a tactic that he seems to have embraced with gusto. Rememeber Rahm Emanuel's famous line about capitalizing on a crisis by not letting a good one go to waste? Well, sequestration is a great example and Obama created it to boot. I'll tell you something though, he and his administration are worried on some level. What happens if nothing "bad" occurs after these "forced cuts"? When the sky doesn't fall and America keeps right on moving because the cuts aren't felt by the vast majority of the population, his plan will have back fired. Wait until Monday. His twitter feed, the White House Press Office and the liberal media establishment will be waking up eager that morning to sound the trumpets of the impending collapse of civilization because we cut a fraction of a fraction of government spending. This idiot president and his even more idiotic staff are all too happy to scream and yell about carrier battle groups being held in port, troop cuts etc. Yet, there are ten million other places that the same money could be trimmed from and there'd be virtually no impact on 99.99% of the nation. However, we all know what freaks people out in a city controlled by liberals when you balk at tax increases or spending cuts. They threaten to cut police, fire and ems services. In a liberal controlled state it's police, fire and welfare. On a national level, it's military, welfare and entitlement benefits. Same old song and dance.

jpmuscle
03-02-13, 12:58
In all honesty I'm content with watching it all burn to the ground .. we need a hard reboot as it is.

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-13, 15:09
The Obama administration set the countdown clock for this "crisis" several years ago. It's a tactic that he seems to have embraced with gusto. Rememeber Rahm Emanuel's famous line about capitalizing on a crisis by not letting a good one go to waste? Well, sequestration is a great example and Obama created it to boot.

Now where have I heard this before . . . (see sig line). :cool:

rojocorsa
03-02-13, 15:37
Man, the gov't needs not cut across the street. They need to cut down the road, if you will....

Big O fighting tooth and nail for a marginal cut makes him look bad, but I am already preaching to the choir here.

Alaskapopo
03-02-13, 15:37
We have raised taxes so now its high time for budget cutting.
Pat

chadbag
03-25-13, 15:28
This was in Gary Bauer's email newsletter today:

-------

Furloughs & Foreign Aid

The Federal Aviation Administration let it be known Friday that the sequester was forcing it to shut down 149 air traffic control towers at small airports around the country. On the same day, the Obama Administration announced that was releasing $500 million in aid to the Palestinian Authority and $200 million in additional foreign aid for Jordan.

It's worth noting that combined these foreign aid funds would more than cover the $637 million that the FAA is losing under sequestration. I suspect most Americans would feel that keeping air traffic control towers open is far better use of their hard-earned tax dollars than sending their money to Palestinian jihadists.

Moreover, Congress voted to cut off funding to the Palestinian Authority after it pushed a statehood resolution at the United Nations over our objections. I'm not aware of the Palestinian leadership apologizing for defying us or renouncing the statehood resolution.

So why is the money flowing to Mahmoud Abbas while federal workers are facing furloughs and American schoolchildren still can't get into the White House? It's a matter of Obama's priorities.

Speaking of priorities, the Associated Press reports that Attorney General Eric Holder "has averted daily furloughs of 3,570 federal prison staffers around the country." Really? I thought the "draconian" budget cuts had to be administered across-the-board with zero flexibility, no matter how painful. Not exactly.

As the AP explained, Holder transferred $150 million from other Justice Department accounts in order to "stave off a serious threat to the lives and safety of correctional staff, inmates and the public."

That is exactly what he and every other department executive ought to do. It exposes Obama's scare tactics for what they are and proves what conservatives have explained repeatedly -- that the executive branch does in fact have considerable flexibility in how the sequester cuts are administered.

brickboy240
03-25-13, 16:20
When the govt. actually shuts down...will most of us even notice or miss it?

This is probably the current administration's biggest fear. It all shuts down and life just goes on. Providing living proof that 99% of what bi govt. does...well...we just don't need it.

-brickboy240

TAZ
03-25-13, 16:36
When the govt. actually shuts down...will most of us even notice or miss it?

This is probably the current administration's biggest fear. It all shuts down and life just goes on. Providing living proof that 99% of what bi govt. does...well...we just don't need it.

-brickboy240

I agree to a large extent. Their biggest fear is that people will come to the realization that the snake oil the government has been peddling was bogus and that they can in fact take care of themselves.

I know that me and mine will not miss a single federal agency shut down. If the fed gov vaporized tonight my day tomorrow would be the same as today.

brickboy240
03-25-13, 17:01
When the govt. "shut down" back in the Clinton days...did it affect your daily life?

I don't recall having any hiccups because of it. Life went on...I went to work and really did not notice.

-brickboy240

SteveS
03-25-13, 17:44
We just gave multi millions of dollars to the Palestinians and Egyptians.

SteveS
03-25-13, 17:45
I agree to a large extent. Their biggest fear is that people will come to the realization that the snake oil the government has been peddling was bogus and that they can in fact take care of themselves.

I know that me and mine will not miss a single federal agency shut down. If the fed gov vaporized tonight my day tomorrow would be the same as today.The same goes for the majority of the politicians