PDA

View Full Version : MS3 QD vs Standard MS3

Falz24
03-01-13, 21:05
Which do you like more and why? I know that I want this sling. I just want to know which would work better. Worried that the MS3 QD attached to a noveske QD end plate could limit movement and rotation versus a standard MS3 clipped into an ASAP endplate. Also concerned witH the QD coming loose. Thanks!

Burls
03-01-13, 22:31
I have and run both versions of MS3 sling QD and snap hooks. They both work great. That being said, My primary ar is set up with the troy slip/qd and the secondary set up is a reg MS3 with an asap. I prefer the ms3/asap a little more, it just seems to maneuver better than the qd setup(might be the adapter I'm running).

I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with a noveske qd plate, but my votes for the reg ms3/asap.

Blak1508
03-01-13, 22:38
I am not trying to hijack but asking have you looked at the VCAS? ... Best slings out IMO... Just got another padded in OD green. I really think that a lot of thought went into the length adjustment. You can transition from just carrying the rifle loose to a snug combat ready rifle with a quick pull. They come in many configurations, hardware etc. I think giving them a look with be worth your time.

I have looked at the M3 and could not bring myself to pull the trigger on one, IMO the VCAS has proven itself across the board and I am now used to them. Solid product. I am sure the M3 is as well but for me the VCAS would be the way to go.

I have mine attached QD to a DDV1 using the DD rear receiver plate and also on the back QD to the Omega rail. Just watch your goodies when you transition to handgun.. If not done right your looking at a hardcore ball tap

Falz24
03-01-13, 22:44
Yes I own and use a blue force vtac 2 point sling. I feel it is very akward and gets in the way when I am doing mag changes or any manipulation where I bring the gun into my "workspace" (basically in front of my face). That is why I am looking at one point slings and want to know the best option. Also looking at the pig slider

I am not trying to hijack but asking have you looked at the VCAS? ... Best slings out IMO... Just got another padded in OD green. I really think that a lot of thought went into the length adjustment. You can transition from just carrying the rifle loose to a snug combat ready rifle with a quick pull. They come in many configurations, hardware etc. I think giving them a look with be worth your time.

I have looked at the M3 and could not bring myself to pull the trigger on one, IMO the VCAS has proven itself across the board and I am now used to them. Solid product. I am sure the M3 is as well but for me the VCAS would be the way to go.

I have mine attached QD to a DDV1 using the DD rear receiver plate and also on the back QD to the Omega rail. Just watch your goodies when you transition to handgun.. If not done right your looking at a hardcore ball tap

Blak1508
03-01-13, 23:09
I gotcha. Well best of luck and please let me know how it turns out.

Zane1844
03-01-13, 23:18
I am in the same problem, actually was going to make a thread about it as well.

Not to highjack the thread either but what endplate do you guys run for a one point? Everything is OOS anyway :(

Redbeardsong
03-02-13, 07:23
I'll concur with blak58. The Blue Force Gear VCAS (Vickers sling) is the best sling I've used, including the
MS3, MS3QD, and the VTAC sling.

OP, if you want a 1pt sling, not a 2pt, I'd take a look purpose built 1pts, like Blue Force's UDC, which is padded, has a bungee section and Comes with a QD or HK hook. The MS3 hangs too low for me in 1pt mode, and every sling feels cheep, to me, after using the Blue Force slings.

RCI1911
03-02-13, 08:33
I recently did a shotgun class running an MS3 in single point and I've got to say I was hating the sling by the end of the class. Yes a shotgun is slightly heavier but it was just a short 4 hour class and it was digging into me after just a couple hours. I will be looking for a padded sling in the future.

I will say that the length slide adjustment works well and the sling is very easy to switch from single point to two point if you have to in a hurry. The sling seems to be made well just too thin and the lack of padding makes it uncomfortable.

wideglide
03-02-13, 16:58
Mr. Vickers just did a show (TacTV) about his sling and showed an adapter to convert it from 2 point to single point and back. If I remember right it was a QD attachment point. Not sure if this helps and don't mean to change the post but you already have the sling and it seems like an easy fix.

MikeCLeonard
03-02-13, 19:48
I have an MS3 with QD end that I plug into a Noveske end-plate...and I really really like it.

It runs as well as pretty much any 2-point with the clip-end hooked onto Magpul's RSA, mounted on my 12:00 rail.

Run in single-point configuration, it works just as well, and it's very easy to transition from strong-side to weak-side shoulders without anything binding up. Though maybe not as free-moving as with using the ASAP, The QD end with Noveske's end-plate still gives enough range-of motion to easily switch between shoulders.

I also like that I can snap the QD end into the cup on my CTR stock if I feel like running it that way...but I tend to prefer it being attached to the receiver plate.

As for the QD end getting hit any detaching accidentally...Well I suppose it's possible, but very unlikely. The front of my stock (close to the receiver) actually seems to guard against things being able to depress that button. I can just get my fingers in there to push the button myself, but I think any motion to do this would need to be pretty purposeful. I run my stock pretty short though...so it would be easier to access if the stock was extended out further. I hope that made some sort of sense! :D

glockshooter
03-02-13, 21:23
The MS3 slings are a big improvement over the previous version. I have switched all my rifles over to MS3s. QD or standard simply depends on your rifle. I prefer the standard. The MS3s have all the features of the Blue Force stuff with the added ability the go 2pt or 1pt. I have pretty much gone the 1pt while shooting or clearing and 2pt for carrying. I have found the MS3s cut into me less than most other slings.

Matt