PDA

View Full Version : NY Supreme Court to challenge SAFE.

sinlessorrow
03-01-13, 21:44
talk about a great day.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/foghorn/ny-supreme-court-considers-safe-act-injunction/

kmrtnsn
03-01-13, 21:59
I have looked for two days to see this in the MSM and have to locate it. This should prove really interesting.

brushy bill
03-01-13, 22:23
I have looked for two days to see this in the MSM and have to locate it. This should prove really interesting.

You won't find it there. Contrary to their business model.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-01-13, 22:29
scope sent out an email about that 2 days ago I think they mentioned it in another thread already.

jpmuscle
03-02-13, 00:28
Its progress but it needs to make it's way to the appellate court so we'll see. At most an outright ban may get struck down but that does nothing to stop them from implementing the registration scheme that they want.

But as to the supreme courts injunction I've read it both ways that it focuses on the constitutionality of the law itself or on the fact that it was rammed through without proper review. Hopefully their taking up both issues.

platoonDaddy
03-02-13, 06:26
What I find unbelievable is only 1200 backers. Certainly there are more gun owners in NY. :confused:

Schulz, of Warren County, called the gun control law "repugnant" and seeks to have it declared void. The plaintiffs said they have 1,200 backers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/02/court-to-review-speedy-approval-ny-gun-controls/

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-02-13, 09:28
There were 10k in Albany on Thursday.

Kchen986
03-02-13, 12:08
It's a good sign for our cause, but not cause for celebration yet. Injunctions are discretionary and started via petition. The order to respond is barely the first step in to further litigation. Once the State responds, the judge may very well deny the petition without so much as an opinion. I've filed petitions in which the Court ordered a response, but once the response was filed, the court denied my petition outright.

We'll see. But this isn't a injunction yet. Keep in mind that this is also a trial court. So there's many more levels to go before we can see meaningful results.

SMETNA
03-03-13, 00:06
**** NYS. Make a plan to move. Get the ball rolling now

Mac5.56
03-03-13, 23:50
What I find unbelievable is only 1200 backers. Certainly there are more gun owners in NY. :confused:

Schulz, of Warren County, called the gun control law "repugnant" and seeks to have it declared void. The plaintiffs said they have 1,200 backers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/02/court-to-review-speedy-approval-ny-gun-controls/

FYI:

I backed off on signing this particular petition because NYSRPA asked NY gun owners to hold on while they worked with the NRA towards making the strongest possible case. I personally felt one, strong united front was the way to go. That being said I don't think that this petition/possible injunction is a bad thing now that it has been filed and is moving forward, I just didn't see it going anywhere a month ago.

As for the moving out of NY thing SMETNA, I started applying for jobs the day the safe act was passed. It kind of sucks it passed the month after my first son was born though and I have strong family roots in this state and CT, as well as a good job. But, the CV is out there and I am looking to relocate.