PDA

View Full Version : Knights 2 stage Trigger info??

Coltdogg
03-01-13, 22:35
I just bought a Knights E3 LPR. Its a very nice Rifle. But as I opened it up to look it over I see that the Trigger is not the same as I have in my Colts.

I bought all Knights Triggers for them some time back and love them.

But as I look at it, it seems not to be anything like the same.

Here is a pic. of the triggers like what I put in my Colt ARs.
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/HK-Dogg/pix305274132_zpsfc67be98.jpg

And here are a few pic. of my new Rifle with the new looking trigger.
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/HK-Dogg/2013-03-01_21-48-08_292_zps9b25638d.jpg
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/HK-Dogg/2013-03-01_21-48-22_771_zpsf9f4c693.jpg

From what I see, you can not adjust the trigger like you can on the older ones, but I have not ever seen a Knights Trigger that looks like this one.

Now I looked to see if this was posted before, but I could not find anything on this. Just would like to see if anyone had so insight on this.

From what I see, its still a very nice trigger, but I have not got to shoot the rifle just yet.

Thank you for your time.

jwperry
03-02-13, 02:18
The pics can't load on my tablet, so I can't help based off visual, but the 2 triggers I've bought from KAC in the past 90 days also aren't adjustable. I bought them straight from the KAC website so I know they're authentic.

I feel like the 2 I had come in my previously owned SR15e3s were 'nicer' as they didn't have an odd feeling reset like the new ones have.

Coltdogg
03-02-13, 02:26
I am going to try to take it to the rang tomorrow and try it out. I also felt kinda odd to me as well. If I can not get use to it, I will pull it out and put in a older KAC trigger. I still have a new one that has not went into a gun yet.

I hope the one I got is authentic. It has KAC on the trigger, and I was broke the seal on the case from Knights!!!

Now the ones I put in my Colts is sweet.

I was just not sure about it. I have not seen any of the newer ones on the KAC page, and have not read anything about them.

twistedcomrade
03-02-13, 07:03
When you say "odd", in what way is it odd? Is the pull funky or is it the reset?

**EDIT** I like the way you teased in that pic with the suppressed upper blurred in the background of the pic.

Failure2Stop
03-02-13, 08:04
That's our new drop in 2 stage.
Put some tw25b or other paste lube on the hammer sear and disconnector surfaces

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

Coltdogg
03-02-13, 11:08
When you say "odd", in what way is it odd? Is the pull funky or is it the reset?

**EDIT** I like the way you teased in that pic with the suppressed upper blurred in the background of the pic.
Cell phone pic. sorry. I have not had my AAC M4 on a gun in sometime. So it made its way to my new Knights rifle.

That's our new drop in 2 stage.
Put some tw25b or other paste lube on the hammer sear and disconnector surfaces

I got to ask, why did they go to the new drop in? So far, I like the older ones the best. I am going to give it some time. After it get broke in, maybe it will be just as good.
But tell then, the older trigger set up has my vote.

Failure2Stop
03-02-13, 11:43
Cell phone pic. sorry. I have not had my AAC M4 on a gun in sometime. So it made its way to my new Knights rifle.

I got to ask, why did they go to the new drop in? So far, I like the older ones the best. I am going to give it some time. After it get broke in, maybe it will be just as good.
But tell then, the older trigger set up has my vote.

It's easier to keep them in adjustment and prevents personnel from changing the trigger characteristic from the stated requirement.

Coltdogg
03-02-13, 13:30
It's easier to keep them in adjustment and prevents personnel from changing the trigger characteristic from the stated requirement.

I like it in that way. The first KAC Trigger I bought was a used one, and I trashed it trying to re-set the dang thing. A good friend of mine was able to save it. After that I try to only buy new KAC Triggers.

I thank you for your info.