PDA

View Full Version : selling the M4s & ARs...

DDM4LV1
03-03-13, 09:52
Does anyone know of a...clear & unbiased "link" to any article or commentary that without agenda & bias, spells out what would happen with "private gun sales & transfers" , IF Obama Feinstein & Biden have their so called "Assault Weapon Ban" passed as written...
...or what legislature is realistically likely to get passed and if that legislature ONLY "closes" the private sale & gun show "loopholes" as so called, how would that affect private sales?

Hypothetical scenario;
If someone has purchased 5 similar AR / M4 type firearms, from a well known good re-sale value company, for example, Colt...and these were hard to get or "Limited Production" guns...
...would one be able to sell them AFTER the Obama-Feinstein Gun Ban Passed (IF passed)...or even realistic "compromise" legislature that ONLY affects "closing" private sale "loopholes"?

I know those who are hoarding or buying up every AR they can with the intent of selling HIGH after a "BAN"...but will they be able to even sell at all?

It is one thing to buy so as to be "Grandfathered" in...and have the guns you will actually shoot & use...
...but to have guns, even "Limited-run", collected for the purpose of re-sale...will that backfire and you may be stuck with a lot of guns you do not need...without ever being able to sell or even "Will" them to your family?

I, personally have just what I perceive I need, what I shoot and a nice variety of type & caliber...however, I am concerned for those close to me who fit the scenario above...that they will get "stuck" with a bunch of guns they do not need and no recourse for recouping the funds spent.

Is there a "agenda-free", clear insight out there regarding this?

Thoughts please.:confused:
Thanks

polymorpheous
03-03-13, 09:55
Why don't you just read the proposed bills?

c3006
03-03-13, 10:03
I think it's going to come down to the state you live in for the most part,there could easily be a federal requirement to go thru a FFL to do a mandatory background check before this is all over. I only own what I plan to keep. Buying to gouge does not sit well with me.

DDM4LV1
03-03-13, 10:05
Why don't you just read the proposed bills?

Because so far, what I have seen....there is so much condridiction between what is "proposed" and what is realistically "likely"...that I am not sure how private sale would be affected?

Just what does "closing" the "loopholes" REALLY mean?

Will we be able to sell but will have to do our own "background check & paper-work...or transfer between family members, ever?
Or even sell at all, period?

What I currently have I plan on keeping, but you never know...?
I sure would miss the FREEDOM to buy and sell freely...?

I CANNOT STAND THE "GOUGING" BEING DONE HERE IN MY TOWN...MOSTLY BY GUN-STORES (small ) and some individuals!
This should not be...things may get tough enough?

I thought of buying a few "Limited-Production" guns from Colt and others...but they would be for investment ONLY...I would already have enough "type & caliber" of the same...so in the past, not an issue, and probably good investment for a nice return on the money spent WITHOUT gouging...just buy cheap and watch the market dictate "fair & acceptable" price increase & return for your dollar...but now...very iffy, it would seem?

But I do know those who already have...and they are buying up everything in sight...hoarding with intent to sell...but will they be able to?

Litpipe
03-03-13, 10:08
You just have to wait. Anything that passes will most likely (just as other bills)be different than what we now know of it(even if we know little).

Hopefully nothing will pass on a national level.

eodinert
03-03-13, 10:50
What is this gouging of which you speak? Is this the market adjusting itself, based on supply and demand?

More power too them...if they can afford 100 guns they don't 'need', they can sell them at whatever price the market commands. Everyone loves the free market when prices go down; but forget that it's a two way street.

MistWolf
03-03-13, 10:51
In all seriousness, go to http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php and sign up. Californians can tell you with first hand experience what's it's like living under such draconian laws.

PS- it's not about closing loopholes. It's about the .gov exercising unrighteous dominion and violating their oath to defend the Constitution

HackerF15E
03-03-13, 11:33
There is no shortcut that you can read anywhere that has the answers to your questions. Nobody has any idea what will pass Congress.

Not being flippant, but there is a huge difference potentially between proposed legislation, what passes committee, and what might be passed by either (or both) houses of Congress.

Also related, since nobody knows what laws are going to be passed, there's simply no way to have any idea what impact it might have to values of particular firearms or the mechanisms we might have to use to buy or sell them.

Now is not the time to be speculating in the firearms market; now is the time to sit tight and see what happens.

jstone
03-03-13, 17:01
What is this gouging of which you speak? Is this the market adjusting itself, based on supply and demand?

More power too them...if they can afford 100 guns they don't 'need', they can sell them at whatever price the market commands. Everyone loves the free market when prices go down; but forget that it's a two way street.

This is funny. It is not just the current market prices. There are laws against price gouging, and at time the government appoints committees to prevent price gouging. It is just that our government could care less about anything other than shutting down the firearm industry.

I could care less what the idiots are paying right now and feel if they are willing to pay it and the seller is willing to sell why should there be anything to stop it. The fact is the laws are there. They do not deal with private party, but they do deal with retailers. For a product to go up 100% in price due to the possibility they will not be available in the future is the definition of price gouging.

Like i said i could care less, but to say there is no such thing as price gouging in a market such as ours is ignorant at best.

polymorpheous
03-03-13, 22:07
Some of these guys who are "buying up all the AR's they can" to flip when there is ban, are in for a rude awakening when they invite the man into their lives.