PDA

View Full Version : MagPul: Good Product, Great Sense of Humor!

MistWolf
03-03-13, 14:15
From their Facebook page-
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.73.843.403/p843x403/644294_567303733281980_976172051_n.jpg

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-03-13, 14:18
Unfortunately, this is the absolute truth. If you live in N. Colorado, its already a reality.

djmorris
03-03-13, 14:28
Yep. Both should be readily available nationwide for anyone 18+

Kfgk14
03-03-13, 15:17

STOP THAT LOGICAL THINKING.

Seriously though. Hit the nail on the head again, why don'cha?

MistWolf
03-03-13, 15:50
I cannot agree about the marijuana though

SeriousStudent
03-03-13, 17:23
I love that cartoon, and my kids would always watch for the buffalo statute as we headed north to Cheyenne.

Spiffums
03-03-13, 20:59

Hell Yeah! Let's all get stoned and shoot stuff!

MarkG
03-03-13, 21:10
Magpul Airlift...

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/20130303-191445.jpg

SeriousStudent
03-03-13, 21:48
BWHhahahahaha!!!

Awesome. :)

Mac5.56
03-03-13, 22:42
That's pretty ****ing funny! I grew up close to the Utah border and the "Firewater/Fireworks" stores looked just like this.

Hilarious!

Jer
03-03-13, 23:55
Unfortunately, this is the absolute truth. If you live in N. Colorado, its already a reality.

I do and it is.

I cannot agree about the marijuana though

A lot of people do a lot of things in this country that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that it's up to me to tell them they can't. What's one person's pot is another person's Pmags. Just because you can't see the reason for it doesn't mean it should be illegal.

HES
03-04-13, 07:05
The idea of them flooding the market and the reaction of the Kalifornians who moved to Colorado to make it Leftist Utopia II warms the bottom of my heart.

MistWolf
03-04-13, 15:46
...A lot of people do a lot of things in this country that I don't agree with. That doesn't mean that it's up to me to tell them they can't. What's one person's pot is another person's Pmags. Just because you can't see the reason for it doesn't mean it should be illegal.

In my mind, there is a difference. I'm sharing not because you must agree with me, but to help you understand why I prefer to keep marijuana a controlled substance.

Owning a Pmag, semi automatic or even full automatic rifle does no harm. Their use does not impair a person's judgement. As long as the user exercises good judgement, no one is hurt.

The use of drugs leads to the impairment of judgement. The more the drug is used, the greater the impairment, the greater the impairment, the more difficult for the user to realize they are exercising poor judgement before something goes wrong.

There is a reason the introduction of drug use has been used (and currently is being used) to undermine nations by weakening it people

Magic_Salad0892
03-04-13, 16:14
In my mind, there is a difference. I'm sharing not because you must agree with me, but to help you understand why I prefer to keep marijuana a controlled substance.

Owning a Pmag, semi automatic or even full automatic rifle does no harm. Their use does not impair a person's judgement. As long as the user exercises good judgement, no one is hurt.

The use of drugs leads to the impairment of judgement. The more the drug is used, the greater the impairment, the greater the impairment, the more difficult for the user to realize they are exercising poor judgement before something goes wrong.

There is a reason the introduction of drug use has been used (and currently is being used) to undermine nations by weakening it people

But alchohol is no problem, right?

nobody knows
03-04-13, 17:02
Actually the more you use a drug, the higher your tolerance,the less impaired you become while on the drug. Unless of course your talking about meth witch i know is about the exact opposite. But with pot and opiate/opioid medication i have never seen anyone get more impaired the longer they use it. Now for a first time/one time user, even a small amount can/will have an extreme level of impairment. But just like with prescription medication you must use extreme caution while using a car or other heavy machinery, until you know how this medication will effect you. So if you have the responsibility to drive a car while on heavy opiate medication without wrecking or killing people,then im sure the same people will have the same level of responsibility ,and will not go gunning down innocent bystanders because he had the "reefer madness".

MistWolf
03-04-13, 18:23
But alchohol is no problem, right?

Quite the opposite. I think it's a worse problem in our nation than marijuana

MistWolf
03-04-13, 18:30
Actually the more you use a drug, the higher your tolerance,the less impaired you become while on the drug. Unless of course your talking about meth witch i know is about the exact opposite. But with pot and opiate/opioid medication i have never seen anyone get more impaired the longer they use it. Now for a first time/one time user, even a small amount can/will have an extreme level of impairment. But just like with prescription medication you must use extreme caution while using a car or other heavy machinery, until you know how this medication will effect you. So if you have the responsibility to drive a car while on heavy opiate medication without wrecking or killing people,then im sure the same people will have the same level of responsibility ,and will not go gunning down innocent bystanders because he had the "reefer madness".

That isn't the whole story.

I've also known close friends that went from genius to idiot using pot and/or whatever their drug of choice was.

I also think how we deal with offenders needs to be overhauled from top to bottom

Jer
03-04-13, 18:33
Quite the opposite. I think it's a worse problem in our nation than marijuana

And bath salts & hand sanitizers are better? Face it, the war on drugs has increased crime, bankrupt our nation & aside from spurring some ingenuity by enterprising criminals has produced nothing positive. We gave it one helluva solid effort & it failed. Scrap the whole thing & start from another angle. It's a lot like banning firearms & firearm related items to prevent violent crime. In fact, I would argue that an actual effort on mental illness would contribute to both causes significantly.

We're getting off topic but the two are related in more ways than you care to admit.

Waylander
03-04-13, 19:30
I thought the weed thing was more of a joke than anything...like they weren't necessarily saying it was a good thing as how ironic or hypocritical it was to pass laws that allow more freedom on one hand and others to restrict freedom.
My opinion is that generally I don't mind if anybody does anything that won't affect me negatively or anyone I care about. Drink in moderation and don't drive drunk. Smoking bud is as bad or worse than smoking a cigarette. It isn't like with moderate drinking which can be good for you. With each toke you're lowering your life expectancy and there is no doubt you're going to have health problems that will cost all of us sooner than later. If you have terminal cancer and are easing you're suffering...that's a different story.

Irish
03-04-13, 19:33
That's funny! :D

3 AE
03-04-13, 21:03
Magpul Airlift...

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/20130303-191445.jpg

The photo is great! Right down to the Magpul shoulder insignias. Have you considered contacting Magpul for use in their ads? Excellent job.

J-Dub
03-04-13, 22:06

Very very true. I try to only venture as far south as Ft. Collins. I go to Jax and gtfo of Colorado lol.

And we're about to get a Sportsman Warehouse, so i'll never have to go to Colorado...

Jer
03-04-13, 22:09
Very very true. I try to only venture as far south as Ft. Collins. I go to Jax and gtfo of Colorado lol.

And we're about to get a Sportsman Warehouse, so i'll never have to go to Colorado...

I used to frequent Jax regularly until they voluntarily pulled all their AR looking rifles and 'high capacity' magazines in the days following Sandy Hook. I haven't been in there since and refuse to support a company that doesn't support me.

J-Dub
03-04-13, 22:12
I used to frequent Jax regularly until they voluntarily pulled all their AR looking rifles and 'high capacity' magazines in the days following Sandy Hook. I haven't been in there since and refuse to support a company that doesn't support me.

I hear ya, honestly i've never spent much time in the firearms section. I never knew they carried AR looking rifles.

Jer
03-04-13, 22:17
I hear ya, honestly i've never spent much time in the firearms section. I never knew they carried AR looking rifles.

Well they don't now. :D

MarkG
03-05-13, 07:17
The photo is great! Right down to the Magpul shoulder insignias. Have you considered contacting Magpul for use in their ads? Excellent job.

Magpul did the photo. I just poached it from a different website.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-05-13, 18:36

Same here. I used to buy out their camping department, but after the bullshit they pulled I stopped going there altogether. Too bad really, they used to be a great store.