PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Illinois

mikeyk101
03-03-13, 15:06
Greetings all. I am about to acquire my first M4 in a couple days. In preparation, I stumbled on this forum recently and registered. I have very little knowledge so far but hope to change that through this forum. I recently acquired my first rifle about 2 months ago which was a Ruger 10/22. I have enjoyed practicing with that so far and am looking forward to practicing with my new M4. I have owned numerous handguns for over 25 years and for some reason never got a rifle. I figured that now was as good a time as any.

kcara
03-03-13, 18:08
Greetings all. I am about to acquire my first M4 in a couple days. In preparation, I stumbled on this forum recently and registered. I have very little knowledge so far but hope to change that through this forum. I recently acquired my first rifle about 2 months ago which was a Ruger 10/22. I have enjoyed practicing with that so far and am looking forward to practicing with my new M4. I have owned numerous handguns for over 25 years and for some reason never got a rifle. I figured that now was as good a time as any.
Welcome. Please use the search button first before you post. Enjoy the site, it has some great info. :p

VaeVictis
03-03-13, 18:49
Welcome, always good to see another person from Illinois on the site. You'll find that this site is loaded with useful information and that ARs are some of the funnest guns to shoot. As previously stated the Orange search button is your friend, just about any question you can think of has been covered in at least one thread. The stickies in the AR general discussion forum are a great place to start reading.

Turk182
03-03-13, 21:55
Hello Sir!

What county?

mikeyk101
03-03-13, 22:08
Thank you for the warm welcomes. Thats good advice about doing the searches first. I am a firm believer and am usually pretty resourceful on my search-fu.

And to answer your question Turk, I unfortunately am stuck living in the most restrictive and corrupt county in this state that loves to try and control the rest of the state and country by pushing it's screwed up ideals upon everyone else. You will probably only need one guess to figure it out. (Sorry for the rant...):D That will hopefully change sometime in the next couple years when I break free and escape.

Turk182
03-03-13, 22:37
Sorry man..
Im in farm country nothing out here but corn,beans and magazines that hold over 10 rounds

:jester:

shadow93
03-04-13, 11:55
And to answer your question Turk, I unfortunately am stuck living in the most restrictive and corrupt county in this state that loves to try and control the rest of the state and country by pushing it's screwed up ideals upon everyone else. You will probably only need one guess to figure it out. (Sorry for the rant...):D That will hopefully change sometime in the next couple years when I break free and escape.

Sorry man..
Im in farm country nothing out here but corn,beans and magazines that hold over 10 rounds

And here I am somewhere in between you two lol. Not to close to Chicago/Cook County but not far enough into BFE either.

mikeyk101
03-04-13, 15:56
I am jealous of both of you. I actually prefer being out in BFE. I have family about 30 miles S/E of Valparaiso IN and try to get out there as much as I can. I truly appreciate the peace and quiet I experience out there. After almost 50years of this rat race, I am looking forward to getting out of here and something like where they are. I will probably miss it a bit but not that much....

Ledanek
03-04-13, 20:42
Bolingbrook, Illinoinian here :D

To my neighbors, please help Illinois State Rifle Association and other 2nd Amendment Organization tackle our current problems. There's a Witness Slip *CLICK ME* (http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35192&%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3Bamp%3B) being passed around for the following issues:

HB1513 Denies home rule regarding ordinances more restrictive than state statute -witness slip - Proponent

HB1526 Exemption for FOID holders who have applied for, but not received, a FOID renewal - witness slip - Proponent

HB2368 Brings transport on an ATV into compliance with criminal instead of wildlife code - witness slip - Proponent

HB1296 Requires Illinois pension funds to divest of gun holdings - witness slip - Opponent

HB2248 Requires Illinois pension funds to divest of gun holdings - witness slip - Opponent

sorry to turn this politically, but, we need your help