PDA

View Full Version : Which Grip Force Adapter Backstrap for G17?

Jellybean
03-04-13, 13:01
Pretty much what the title says- which gripforce adapter/backstrap do the users of them here prefer- the textured or smooth?

I got a Gripforce adapter set for a Gen3 G17. I'm liking the idea so far, but I'm kind of stumped which one to mount. It seems the fullsize textured fits better- is the shorter smooth contour made for more like a G19? The contoured on just slipped right into place, but it seems you really have to push on the smooth on to get it to sit right (before mounting).
Plus there's some design differences between the two that I don't see the reasoning behind- like on the top of the beavertail portion, the contoured version is flat, but the smooth version has an extra bump where it meets the back of the Glock frame. Why?

Yeah, I know- this is really dumb, but it's just eating away at me.

JR TACTICAL
03-04-13, 13:06
Pretty much what the title says- which gripforce adapter/backstrap do the users of them here prefer- the textured or smooth?

I got a Gripforce adapter set for a Gen3 G17. I'm liking the idea so far, but I'm kind of stumped which one to mount. It seems the fullsize textured fits better- is the shorter smooth contour made for more like a G19? The contoured on just slipped right into place, but it seems you really have to push on the smooth on to get it to sit right (before mounting).
Plus there's some design differences between the two that I don't see the reasoning behind- like on the top of the beavertail portion, the contoured version is flat, but the smooth version has an extra bump where it meets the back of the Glock frame. Why?

Yeah, I know- this is really dumb, but it's just eating away at me.

Yes the shorter GFA is mad for compact glock models, the bigger on is for full size glocks

Rampy
03-04-13, 15:03
Yes the shorter GFA is mad for compact glock models, the bigger on is for full size glocks

So I'lll try the small one on the G19 when it get's here...& then will have to purchase a G17 for the full sized one :p:p