PDA

View Full Version : KAC Lower, Geissele SD-E, Forward pin rotates with hammer?

RadioActivity
03-05-13, 16:17
I just installed a Gieselle SD-E trigger into my KAC SR15 lower. I am curious, is the forward pin supposed to rotate along with the hammer? Respective pins are properly captured by spring legs/J spring.

Issue? Non issue?

D. Manley
03-05-13, 16:34
I wouldn't think the pin rotating would do anything good to your lower. Be interested in the expert opinions on it.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

RadioActivity
03-05-13, 16:35
Was thinking the same. Waiting on advice for a course of action..

MtCarbine
03-05-13, 16:42
There will aways be some rotation of the hammer pin, do to the j spring putting pressure on the hammer pin

ALCOAR
03-05-13, 16:49
^^^ correct. non issue for sure.

Enjoy owning the best lower/trigger combo made imho :)

RadioActivity
03-06-13, 02:49
Thanks fellas, its funny what kind of "Air Force maintenance" you find yourself doing, or unable to do, without another lower to sanity check yourself against.

Koshinn
03-06-13, 02:52
Thanks fellas, its funny what kind of "Air Force maintenance" you find yourself doing, or unable to do, without another lower to sanity check yourself against.

Air force maintenance?

Iraqgunz
03-06-13, 03:16
Take just about any AR and use a black marker to mark the pins and receiver (similar to witness marks on screws). You will see that there will be some movement.

RadioActivity
03-06-13, 03:29
Air force maintenance?

A common term, derogatory but in good fun, used by Army (and maybe other services) aviation mechanics to reference looking at another like assembly to understand how something goes together or deem what is normal function (compared to say, referencing a manual).

Koshinn
03-06-13, 03:49
A common term, derogatory but in good fun, used by Army (and maybe other services) aviation mechanics to reference looking at another like assembly to understand how something goes together or deem what is normal function (compared to say, referencing a manual).

So its when army maintainers look at an AF example to see how it should function? Or vice versa?

RadioActivity
03-06-13, 04:53
Neither,

It is a nick name for the practice of looking at an assembly on another working/assembled aircraft, to figure out how a part goes back together or is supposed to function. Think of a washer stack for instance. You can run all the way inside and find the diagram in the manual, or you can walk to the aircraft on the next pad and see how it goes together.

The reason it is a poor practice is because nothing guarantees that the guy who assembled the other aircraft did it right when he put the part in question together/on. The manual is supposed to be the sole source for information in regards to assembly, disassembly, function...ect.

If you have further questions, shoot me a PM, this is quite a thread drift.