PDA

View Full Version : Bus

Tspeis
03-15-08, 17:50
Crap, I meant to put Bushmaster ACR questions as the title but accidenltly hit enter after the first 3 letters! Oh well, here are my questions.

- What type of barrel construction will be utilized on the standard barrels?
- Are cold hammer forged barrels even on the radar?
- Whay type of rifling and what rate of twist will the barrels have?
- Will the barrel and chamber be made to SAAMI specs in .223 remington or to milspec 5.56mm NATO?
- Is the firing pin block safety spring loaded or of the UMP type similar to a 1911 extractor?
- Does the piston configuration negatively effect barrel harmonics in any way?
- Will parts like barrels, bolts, carriers, etc...be magnetic particle inspected?
- What type of warranty will the gun come with? Bushmaster currently offers a one year limited warranty on all their products. A lifetime warranty would be nice to see.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tspeis

Haji
03-16-08, 21:47
Since I doubt this info has changed since SHOT last year: the Masada can use any AR15/M16/M4 barrel out there. And, since the barrel attachment is modular, all that needs to happen is to have the piston parts put on the different barrel. No need to wait for Magpul to release a barrel that you want to use on your rifle. I'm incredibly impressed with how well thought out this gun is.

Tspeis
03-20-08, 09:50
I'm aware the ACR will accept standard AR barrels, but here's the problem; When I asked the Bushmaster rep about having the option to send the barrel of your choice to them to have the piston system fitted to it, he said if at all, it would likely be a few YEARS before that option is available. :eek:

Tspeis

SinnFéinM1911
03-20-08, 10:17
I'm aware the ACR will accept standard AR barrels, but here's the problem; When I asked the Bushmaster rep about having the option to send the barrel of your choice to them to have the piston system fitted to it, he said if at all, it would likely be a few YEARS before that option is available. :eek:

Tspeis

So, if you already had the awnser to your question, then why did you start a new thread, when ther are plenty of threads that ALREADY address this and the most of your questions?

The search feature on this site works.

Tspeis
03-20-08, 10:30
So, if you already had the awnser to your question, then why did you start a new thread, when ther are plenty of threads that ALREADY address this and the most of your questions?

The search feature on this site works.

My original question, which still remains, pertained to what kind of barrel would come standard on the factory ACR. My conversation with the Bushmaster rep occurred after I posted this. Many of my other questions aren't even discussed in the threads I found through using the search feature (which I'm aware works, thank you). So to answer your question, I don't have the answer to my question and that's why I posted this.

Tspeis