PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly fires a salvo....

VooDoo6Actual
03-05-13, 20:17
http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/2013/03/oreilly-explodes-on-colmes-youre-a-liar/

look for a lot more vitriol like this as it crystalizes more & more.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-05-13, 20:25
O' Reilly is a gun hating douche bag. A sexual-harassing, gun-hating, arrogant, piece of shit. While I agree with what he is saying, I'd rather watch Piers Morgan; I at least know where Piers stands on everything.

GeorgiaBoy
03-05-13, 21:25
Hannity and Colmes lost all its balance when Colmes left....

Spiffums
03-05-13, 21:45
It seems half the "personalities" on FOX is for the left.

Abraxas
03-05-13, 21:53
Hannity and Colmes lost all its balance when Colmes left....

Ya, that's why, we'll say that.

Sensei
03-05-13, 22:22
O' Reilly is a gun hating douche bag. A sexual-harassing, gun-hating, arrogant, piece of shit. While I agree with what he is saying, I'd rather watch Piers Morgan; I at least know where Piers stands on everything.

I agree with him on about 75% of what he says. His delivery is fine with me since he seems to unleash on the deserving (Barney Frank and Alan Colmes needed to be smacked).

As for being gun hating, my understanding is that he is for better background checks and closing the "gun show loophole" but against any type of semiauto or magazine ban. I have heard him make some ignorant statements about banning machine guns and weapons used by the military which lead be to believe that he has a poor understanding of the current gun laws.

brushy bill
03-05-13, 22:25
I agree with him on about 75% of what he says. His delivery is fine with me since he seems to unleash on the deserving (Barney Frank and Alan Colmes needed to be smacked).

As for being gun hating, my understanding is that he is for better background checks and closing the "gun show loophole" but against any type of semiauto or magazine ban. I have heard him make some ignorant statements about banning machine guns and weapons used by the military which lead be to believe that he has a poor understanding of the current gun laws.

But, he never allows his ignorance on an issue to diminish his belief that he is THE SME on virtually any topic. I don't know why he even allows guests on the show. He came up with some particularly ignorant commentary (anti-gun) in the wake of Sandy Hook that I couldn't even stand to watch.

Straight Shooter
03-05-13, 22:36
I left, and have not watched FOX NEWS since election night, and WONT again. Ive never ever seen so called "experts" so completly &
utterly wrong in my life. And then...throw the temper tantrums and
the ENDLESS "if this & IF this happens"...it was obscene.
I used to watch O'****STICK a lot.
But as was said earlier, I too have heard him spew absolute untruths & lies about guns and buying guns and "needing" some guns.
And he has the NERVE to call Colmes a liar. Now of course, Colmes IS a liar, but its the pot calling the kettle black.

Sensei
03-05-13, 22:37
But, he never allows his ignorance on an issue to diminish his belief that he is THE SME on virtually any topic. I don't know why he even allows guests on the show. He came up with some particularly ignorant commentary (anti-gun) in the wake of Sandy Hook that I couldn't even stand to watch.

What was the gist of his anti-gun commentary? I watch his show a couple of times per week and remember the basics of his position on gun control around the SH shooting. Perhaps I missed what you saw since I remember him coming out against an AWB or ban on high cap mags. This is better than about 98% of the medias talking heads.

Iraqgunz
03-05-13, 22:40
I really could care less about O'Reilly, but he makes a good point. All these idiotic liberal mouthpieces for Obama need to be put in their place.

1. We cannot fix our deficit if we do cut spending. People have to understand this. The GAO is predicting that Obama Care is going to add over 6 trillion dollars to the deficit.

2. We are already 16+ trillion in debt and the system is getting ready to crack. Forget the bullshit Dow numbers.

3. Student loan default rates are increasing and it's going to have an impact.

A friend of mine who studies these issues closely has told me it would take at least 15 years to control our deficit and that's assuming that we start taking action now.

Someone please show me one thing that the President has compromised on and what concrete actions him or the other Democrats have taken. The answer is nothing. They refuse to admit that there is a ****ing problem. Meanwhile we are forking out money like a drunken sailor on liberty.

T2C
03-05-13, 23:41
I really could care less about O'Reilly, but he makes a good point. All these idiotic liberal mouthpieces for Obama need to be put in their place.

1. We cannot fix our deficit if we do cut spending. People have to understand this. The GAO is predicting that Obama Care is going to add over 6 trillion dollars to the deficit.

2. We are already 16+ trillion in debt and the system is getting ready to crack. Forget the bullshit Dow numbers.

3. Student loan default rates are increasing and it's going to have an impact.

A friend of mine who studies these issues closely has told me it would take at least 15 years to control our deficit and that's assuming that we start taking action now.

Someone please show me one thing that the President has compromised on and what concrete actions him or the other Democrats have taken. The answer is nothing. They refuse to admit that there is a ****ing problem.

Meanwhile we are forking out money like a drunken sailor on liberty.

I agree with your post, but I take exception to your last comment. When I was a drunken Sailor on liberty, I stopped spending when I ran out of money.

SMETNA
03-06-13, 00:55

+1.

And here's this:

http://youtu.be/FXTT3A0B1Vs

^ O'douche-canoe

Honu
03-06-13, 01:15
+1.

And here's this:

^ O'douche-canoe

Seen that before
Bill thinks he is smarter than everyone !

He would be a dictator if he was in power !

jpmuscle
03-06-13, 01:24

Which isn't necessarily surprising, hell the vast majority of gun owners don't even know about or understand the gun laws and their corresponding historical relevance.

J8127
03-06-13, 02:02
Someone please show me one thing that the President has compromised on and what concrete actions him or the other Democrats have taken. The answer is nothing. They refuse to admit that there is a ****ing problem. Meanwhile we are forking out money like a drunken sailor on liberty.

I was recently having a discussion with my left leaning friend (a strange mix of keynesian and libertarian, and yes I realize that doesn't work) and he started in on how inflation is good, the debt doesn't matter, blah blah blah, and he is by all regards an intelligent guy.

That's the kind of shit we're dealing with, like the lady quote in the other thread saying the 2nd amendment isnt in the bill of rights. How do you fight that?

Honu
03-06-13, 02:55
I was recently having a discussion with my left leaning friend (a strange mix of keynesian and libertarian, and yes I realize that doesn't work) and he started in on how inflation is good, the debt doesn't matter, blah blah blah, and he is by all regards an intelligent guy.

That's the kind of shit we're dealing with, like the lady quote in the other thread saying the 2nd amendment isnt in the bill of rights. How do you fight that?

I have had intelligent folks like a Doctor ask how deep do we have to dive to get under the island !

sometimes intelligence is a funny thing !

Moose-Knuckle
03-06-13, 03:00
I have had intelligent folks like a Doctor ask how deep do we have to dive to get under the island !

sometimes intelligence is a funny thing !

There is a BIG fooking difference in being book smart and having the sense to poor piss out of a boot. ;)

Caeser25
03-06-13, 06:07
What was the gist of his anti-gun commentary? I watch his show a couple of times per week and remember the basics of his position on gun control around the SH shooting. Perhaps I missed what you saw since I remember him coming out against an AWB or ban on high cap mags. This is better than about 98% of the medias talking heads.

He was for an assault weapon ban right after sandy hook. He changed his tune about a week later.

Sensei
03-06-13, 07:00
+1.

And here's this:

^ O'douche-canoe

That was the segment I saw that made me shake my head. It seems like media personalities fixate on the availability AK-47's. My theory is that the lack of nomenclature to distinguish full vs. semi AK-47's is exploited by the left to create confusion. I think that 90% of he media understand the difference but choose to spread misinformation by implying (or in some cases stating) that the public can buy fully automatic AK's at gun shows without any background check.

I'd hope that Bill is part of that misinformed 10% of the media that is duped by the nomenclature. That can be fixed and he seemed to change his tune on the topic after Rep. Chaffetz took him to the woodshed. After all, we are going to need a lot more talking heads on our side if we are going to mobilize the electorate to keep the House in GOP hands.

NC_DAVE
03-06-13, 07:04
+1.

And here's this:

^ O'douche-canoe

Yeah I saw that before, but you used the exact same name I gave him.:lol:

I really don't understand why he is even on fox news, he is the kinda of person that makes the right wing look stupid.

Sensei
03-06-13, 07:26
I really don't understand why he is even on fox news, he is the kinda of person that makes the right wing look stupid.

I bet it has something to do with this:

Net 8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 3,078 479 1,011
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 630 178 274
MSNBC Ed Show 774 179 354
CNBC CRIME INC 95 32 42
HLN Nancy Grace 717 254 464

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/05/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-march-4-2013/171911/

He destroys the competition and has done so for the past 10+ years.

NC_DAVE
03-06-13, 08:30
I bet it has something to do with this:

Net 8PM P2+ (000s) 25-54 (000s) 35-64 (000s)
FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 3,078 479 1,011
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 630 178 274
MSNBC Ed Show 774 179 354
CNBC CRIME INC 95 32 42
HLN Nancy Grace 717 254 464

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/05/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-march-4-2013/171911/

He destroys the competition and has done so for the past 10+ years.

I guess that is why I am confused. How can so many " right wing" people keep watching him. How can they not see how much of a dip shit he is.

Alex V
03-06-13, 09:00
Still can't stop laughing at the "**** it, We'll do it live" video!

Singlestack Wonder
03-06-13, 09:38
Whatever one thinks about Bill O'Reilly, he was entirely correct in calling colmes a liar. When liberals are asked to answer a question that puts their views and comments into question, they only reply with nebulous answers, not hard facts.

Sensei
03-06-13, 10:02
I guess that is why I am confused. How can so many " right wing" people keep watching him. How can they not see how much of a dip shit he is.

The guy is on TV 5 hrs per week and probably 250 hrs per year. He is going to get some stuff wrong and you will not always agree with what he says or how he says it. However, he his right far more often than wrong, and he does a pretty good job of holding liberal's feet to the fire.

In this particular case, he did a great job of disassembling Alan Colmes on national TV. He has also turned Barney Frank into a jiggling pile of poo in a similar manner. Those 2 interviews alone should get him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

brickboy240
03-06-13, 11:06
Anyone else think that Alan Colmes is a ruse?

I mean...even he, himself seems as if HE does not believe the bullshit that comes out of his own mouth.

A real odd duck...that Colmes character...and sort of creepy. Was shocked when I found out he was married and had kids...he acts gayer than most gay people I know.

-brickboy240

djmorris
03-06-13, 11:19
Bill O' Reilly is a shill. He claims to be Pro 2A but yet supports stricter background checks and not being able to purchase bulk ammo online, and even banning so called "assault weapons". He flip flops back and forth on these things so much it's not even funny.

RogerinTPA
03-06-13, 12:04
Whatever one thinks about Bill O'Reilly, he was entirely correct in calling colmes a liar. When liberals are asked to answer a question that puts their views and comments into question, they only reply with nebulous answers, not hard facts.

Agreed. I think it's high time news folks stop with the dancing and playing with words (mislead, misinformed, disingenuous, had to walk back) to describe a politician or talking head, who intentionally misinforms or misdirect the American people, as in fact, a liar...to their face. All politicians are political whores. If the American people really found out what the Fed was actually doing or the true state of our national debt, there would be an insurrection, the likes of which the world has never seen.

Sensei
03-06-13, 12:39
A real odd duck...that Colmes character...and sort of creepy. Was shocked when I found out he was married and had kids...he acts gayer than most gay people I know.

-brickboy240

Get ready for a real surprise:

Colmes is married to Monica Crowley's sister :eek:.

That means his own sister-in-law sat there and listened to O'Reilly shred him on national TV. She offered no real defense of Colmes' character and agreed with all of Bill's points.

brickboy240
03-06-13, 13:49
Well...how can you defend that?

Colmes literally could not answer his question.

I honestly wish O'reilly would get this way with Rove, Rangel and some of the others that come on his program and bob and weave and answer questions with a question.

-brickboy240

Waylander
03-06-13, 14:09
Not that I care so much about what a political commentator says or does so much as what politicians say and do. He does take some liberals to task but his ignorance and overconfidence on guns is ridiculous. Ron Paul makes him look foolish. He's chummy with Karl Rove and rarely gets firm with him if ever. He can scream all he wants but until he calls out big government Republicans and stops making an ass of himself I'll pass.

His book "Killing Lincoln" though I haven't read it has been described by critics as contrived and derived directly from several secondary writings that he and the other author did little to no vetting against.