PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MS3 sling

maddy345
03-06-13, 17:43
Can you use a QD swivel with the front attachment point of the MS3 and just use the jaws of the MS3 clip to clip it to the QD swivel loop?

pekosROB
03-06-13, 18:13
Can you use a QD swivel with the front attachment point of the MS3 and just use the jaws of the MS3 clip to clip it to the QD swivel loop?

I don't see why not. It might make some noise when moving.

Breadman
03-06-13, 18:22
I have been using ms-2 and ms-3 slings this way for a few years on my rifles that have ubr stocks on them.
I just purchased a ms-3 with the quick detach from another member here. I think it will be a little more steamlined, but should work the same.

nml
03-06-13, 19:01
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG502/46

mauser-nagant
03-06-13, 21:19
a clip to a clip may not be the strongest connection. What I have on my carbine is a noveske qd end plate on the rear of the lower receiver, which my ms3 qd is attached to.

On the the handguard, i've got a magpul RSA and thats where the paraclip hangs on to. It's a pretty solid lock up.

HTH.

Samson1
03-07-13, 07:40

i suppose you could. but ,if you're not in a hurry, magpul is releasing a ms4 full qd sling soon. may be worth the wait for your setup unless you have time or gear constraints.

maddy345
03-07-13, 15:41
i suppose you could. but ,if you're not in a hurry, magpul is releasing a ms4 full qd sling soon. may be worth the wait for your setup unless you have time or gear constraints.

I just saw that. Thanks!

Redbeardsong
03-08-13, 06:41
Or look at Blue Force Gear's offerings. Their SOC-C sling is a 1-2-3 point convertible with sewn in QD swivels or HK hooks. Their Vickers 2-pt sling (VCAS) is the best sling on the market, IMO. It can also be modified with one of their Burnsed QD sockets to add a 1 point capability as well.

jpmuscle
03-08-13, 13:12
Or look at Blue Force Gear's offerings. Their SOC-C sling is a 1-2-3 point convertible with sewn in QD swivels or HK hooks. Their Vickers 2-pt sling (VCAS) is the best sling on the market, IMO. It can also be modified with one of their Burnsed QD sockets to add a 1 point capability as well.

The IWC QD 1pt conversion mount works well also in my experience

Nmate
03-08-13, 22:27
Yes. I use a QD on the rear attachment point on mine as all of my rifles have QD endplates and the QD version of the sling wasn't available a year ago.