PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense

ToddGB
03-06-13, 21:17
I was in the LGS and they just got in a 5.56 V7. It was priced almost at $2000. What are they selling for?

rubiconscott
03-06-13, 21:24
they are $2,500 at the LGS in Vegas:jester:

AKDoug
03-06-13, 21:24
MSRP is $1509. They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. In reality, DD is getting rifles to the market and you can order directly from them, so there is no reason to pay more than MSRP.

THRASH
03-06-13, 21:26
They seem to be going for retail which is $1509. Shouldn't be more than that. Definitely under $1600.

Warp
03-06-13, 22:59
MSRP is $1509. They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. In reality, DD is getting rifles to the market and you can order directly from them, so there is no reason to pay more than MSRP.

Yup. Same as every other time this topic comes up, on every board there is. Supply...meet demand.

If you are willing to wait you can get one at or below MSRP, eventually.

ToddGB
03-06-13, 23:09
Yup. Same as every other time this topic comes up, on every board there is. Supply...meet demand.

If you are willing to wait you can get one at or below MSRP, eventually.

Probably every topics been covered here so lets just shut it down.:suicide2:

thehun
03-06-13, 23:20
I paid $100 over MSRP during the crisis...money well spent

ToddGB
03-06-13, 23:24
I started looking a month before the crisis. With not a lot of money I looked at every gun shop and even drove 2 hours to the CMMG storefront to look at AR's. Now I wish I was more of the impulse buy type.

Aaron_B
03-07-13, 00:28
I would imagine you did the right thing by not impulse buying. If you can hold out and are in not of dire need for an AR then I would wait. Eventually you will find a rifle that is not price gouged to hell and back.

nml
03-07-13, 01:11
Complete rifles are almost always more expensive, but with many components still hard to find it may be less of a headache. You can search for past prices and try and pick up a gun in those ranges over the coming months.

... now ...

Did you state how much they were selling for and then in the next sentence ask how much they were selling for????

Probably every topics been covered here so lets just shut it down.Not everything. Here are some ideas:

Ask about XYZ Inc. magazines that no one has ever heard of and cost twice as much as USGI
Ask if your Magpul stuff is fake
Buy a gun and tell everyone on a gun forum that you bought a gun even though everyone else basically has the same gun
Post random shit that no one wants in "The Official Where Can I Get It Thread?" even though not a single person asked where they can get it
Debate the negatives of ambi controls even though you've never used them and they aren't actual negatives

Magic_Salad0892
03-07-13, 02:27
Debate the negatives of ambi controls even though you've never used them and they aren't actual negatives
[/LIST]

I lol'd. That thread was epic.

Hapworth
03-07-13, 07:52
All ARs are steadily coming back down in price following the apex of the panic roughly a month ago.

If you can wait, odds are prices will continue to normalize and there's also a good chance of a lot of purchased but unused rifles on the market soon as the fiscal reality of panic purchases and no ban set in for some.

Another panic could theoretically occur if federal legislation seriously threatens semi-auto rifles, but at present it doesn't, which is likely why the tides are receding.

Point is, patience will be a virtue.

Otherwise, Daniel Defense is currently taking phone orders and estimating approximately 60 days to ship. Two months. Not bad.

They also have a waiting list now for the "build your own" feature.

So unless you need an AR this second and have money to burn, don't buy.

As for some of the "gouge" complainers: wonder if a single one of them will insist on paying retail price "to be fair" next time there's a glut in the market and prices are driven below MSRP...

JSantoro
03-07-13, 07:53
Probably every topics been covered here so lets just shut it down.:suicide2:

Has more to do with the attitude of "I simply MUST be the first guy to EVER think of this, so I'm not gonna bother looking, and will simply burn up bandwidth by creating a needlessly duplicate thread."

Or, "If I use the Search buttons, I'll surely catch fire the next time I take a dump..."

Then, of course, there's the public whining about it: "Why oh why don't you guys run the forum the way I want it run, instead of how the owner wants it run...? This should be like Facebook, where I'm not accountable for the things I post AT ALL...!"

In this case, you could have gone to the Where Can I Get It? thread, and asked after a DDM7 that's not priced crazily over MSRP, or something along similar lines.

Yeah, that's nuts....