PDA

View Full Version : Do you PPC?

SIGfest
03-16-08, 01:36
Seems some of the other games have pushed PPC out of the limelight. It's a fun way of competing with a handgun. It looks like most matches are local gun clubs, and not big events as in yesteryear . I like it but wish I was better. Do you PPC?

wicked_police
03-16-08, 19:22
I used to.
Haven't done it for a few years.
Got up to Grand Master, and was one good shoot away from DM.
I sold my PPC rig though, so I only have a nice S&W 686 that I'll use when I get back into it. The good thing is I can use it for Distinguished Revolver as well.

My work has moved me away from that kind of shooting, but I want to get back into it.

Any trigger time benefits your overall skills, and it's a nice change in pace. :)

GaryXD
03-16-08, 19:24
I used to but it is too boring.

rhino
03-17-08, 01:21
In my area (and probably most others), the clubs that still do PPC follow the NRA rule barring anyone without a badge. I'm not saying I would shoot PPC if they allowed me to do it, but it couldn't hurt a dying sport to open it to more potential participants. It probably would appeal to a significant number of bullseye shooters who are otherwise not allowed to play because they are not cops.

SIGfest
03-18-08, 01:04
The private club I shoot at is open to invited guests, LEO or not. We do it for a winter activity. A local PD also has a Spring shoot, LEO's and invited guests. It's good range time, and comaraderie.

Joe Mamma
03-18-08, 13:08
I used to and really liked it. But, I stopped because not very many places have PPC matches, and even fewer offer it without the law enforcement officer only restriction.

Joe Mamma

TY44934
03-20-08, 18:35
NRA makes the rules and they decided many years ago to ban all civilians from participating - whether they pay NRA dues or not. They show no sign of easing their ban on civilians.

Until they change their misguided rules, I'll stick to USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, GSSF, steel, pins, 3gun, multigun etc etc etc - NONE of which discriminate against civilians.

SIGfest
03-20-08, 21:05
That's a stupid rule today. Maybe it was a closed fraternity a couple decades ago, but it would benefit the game now to loosen the stanglehold.

rhino
03-21-08, 00:34
NRA makes the rules and they decided many years ago to ban all civilians from participating - whether they pay NRA dues or not. They show no sign of easing their ban on civilians.

Until they change their misguided rules, I'll stick to USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, GSSF, steel, pins, 3gun, multigun etc etc etc - NONE of which discriminate against civilians.

The NRA rules only restrict civilians who are not police officers. Civilians who are police officers are eligible. :D

Alaskapopo
03-28-08, 01:34
The NRA rules only restrict civilians who are not police officers. Civilians who are police officers are eligible. :D

Someone needs to read a dictionary. Here is the dictionary definition of civilian.
A citizen not part of the state through participation in the military or police force.
Pat