PDA

View Full Version : Opening Loading Gate on a 870

Vlobb
03-07-13, 15:53
Has anyone opened up the loading gate/port area on a 870?

I've noticed several minor dings on the receiver, loading gate area of my 870 from the rim of the shells. Superficial and I could care less about them but it's got me thinking about getting rid of some of the material on the receiver, along the sides of the loading gate. There is quite a bit of material below both the right and left shell latches that could be removed to oped up a much nicer hole for loading. It's not something I've really seen a lot of though....

GH41
03-07-13, 17:01
Has anyone opened up the loading gate/port area on a 870?

I've noticed several minor dings on the receiver, loading gate area of my 870 from the rim of the shells. Superficial and I could care less about them but it's got me thinking about getting rid of some of the material on the receiver, along the sides of the loading gate. There is quite a bit of material below both the right and left shell latches that could be removed to oped up a much nicer hole for loading. It's not something I've really seen a lot of though....

I don't think beveling the frame will do anything other than giving you something to do. I have thought putting rails on the lifter like Dave's Metal Works does for the 1100 but it is almost impossible to get the lifter without buying the whole trigger group. GH

prc77
04-03-13, 00:09
I beveled my Moss 500. Its a much softer edge, you can get a little more aggressive stuffing the tube.