PDA

View Full Version : Nanny state NY pushes ahead

newyork
03-09-13, 10:57
http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/28140/nys-drive-act-would-ban-ferraris-and-other-assault-vehicles

jpmuscle
03-09-13, 11:08
Stop purposely giving them ideas lol

ICANHITHIMMAN
http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/28140/nys-drive-act-would-ban-ferraris-and-other-assault-vehicles

I'm shocked, I dont know how I could be at this point. But I am

LowSpeed_HighDrag
satire....

Jellybean
03-09-13, 11:09
:lol:

I see what they did there....

Sensei
03-09-13, 11:11
You do understand that this article is BS, don't you?

newyork
03-09-13, 11:20
Its a joke but I wouldn't be surprised if it werent

Crow Hunter
03-09-13, 17:55
While this is satire, it is a real shame that our country has come to the point that this is just barely satire.

SteyrAUG
03-10-13, 01:01
You do understand that this article is BS, don't you?

I knew it HAD to be but it still took me a couple seconds to confirm it. If you told me 10 years ago a state would ban Big Gulps I'd have laughed at that. Right now ANYTHING is possible.

No.6
03-10-13, 07:54
I wonder when NYC and Doomberg will ban buildings over 2 stories high since they present an easy target for terrorist strikes? Or maybe just create a "no fly zone" over NYC. He could go on and ban cabbage since it is a known methane producer and a therefore a direct contributor to global warming. And after Sandy I'm surprised he hasn't made possession of an unregistered hurricane a felony. That surely would guarantee no future "attacks". Why not take all those huge displays in Times Square and have them broadcast images 24/7 of the benevolent one extolling the virtues of his reign? He's only there to protect them and make their life better.

jpmuscle
03-10-13, 13:23
I wonder when NYC and Doomberg will ban buildings over 2 stories high since they present an easy target for terrorist strikes? Or maybe just create a "no fly zone" over NYC. He could go on and ban cabbage since it is a known methane producer and a therefore a direct contributor to global warming. And after Sandy I'm surprised he hasn't made possession of an unregistered hurricane a felony. That surely would guarantee no future "attacks". Why not take all those huge displays in Times Square and have them broadcast images 24/7 of the benevolent one extolling the virtues of his reign? He's only there to protect them and make their life better.

He'd be better off just advocating for the passage of a law that says nothing bad will ever happen again. It would save ink too.

Bulletdog
03-10-13, 14:01
Satire or not, this makes just as much sense as the AWB or Soda ban. What will it take to end this government non-sense?

Submariner
03-10-13, 17:24
Satire or not, this makes just as much sense as the AWB or Soda ban. What will it take to end this government non-sense?

The decision by the rest of the world not to deal in U.S. dollars.

SteveS
03-10-13, 17:38
Satire or not, this makes just as much sense as the AWB or Soda ban. What will it take to end this government non-sense?It wouldn't take much but there are too many dumb people!!!

HES
03-10-13, 18:45
He could go on and ban cabbage since it is a known methane producer and a therefore a direct contributor to global warming.
He could try that but Nathans would lead the revolution. You can have my sauerkraut when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Yeah even though this is a satire article don't think for one minute that there aren't folks out there who would jump on this like white on rice

gunrunner505
03-10-13, 19:29
While this is satire, barely, it's a pretty valid argument if you wanted to make it into one.

Who NEEDS a Ferrari? Who NEEDS a car that can go 200 MPH? WHERE are YOU going ro drive it?

Who does this sound like?

New York, the big, rotten, apple....

feedramp
03-10-13, 21:54
The best part about that satire piece is they accurately portrayed how they ban things that aren't actually significant contributors to the issue they claim to be addressing. Much like ARs, Ferraris cause few if any vehicular fatalities.

jpmuscle
03-10-13, 22:12
While this is satire, barely, it's a pretty valid argument if you wanted to make it into one.

Who NEEDS a Ferrari? Who NEEDS a car that can go 200 MPH? WHERE are YOU going ro drive it?

Who does this sound like?

New York, the big, rotten, apple....

BUT BUT it has a seat belt thing that goes up! :suicide:

El Pistolero
03-10-13, 22:30
I lost it at "tinted windows for concealed occupant carry.":laugh:

gunrunner505
03-11-13, 09:41
BUT BUT it has a seat belt thing that goes up! :suicide:

That actually made be laugh. Good one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2