PDA

View Full Version : Receiver end plate fitment issues?

flynnstone
03-09-13, 14:58
I'm working on my first AR pistol build, and ordered a pistol buffer tube from Palmetto State Armory. The tube didn't come with an end plate, so i ordered one from Bravo Company.

The end plate just seems too small to fit over the threads of the buffer tube, and i didn't want to force it on. Is fitment normally this tight, or should it slide over?

What am i missing here?

Iraqgunz
03-09-13, 15:14
Pictures would be wonderful. Having said that I have used hundreds of BCM endplates and I can't recall having issues with them. Sometimes the plates will fit tightly and you just have to manhandle it on.

flynnstone
03-09-13, 15:37
i've given the man handling a shot, and the only thing i can see happening is me potentially damaging the threads of the tube...

http://i48.tinypic.com/f59kp0.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/ay8qja.jpg

AKDoug
03-09-13, 16:23
Does your buffer tube thread into the lower OK?

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

flynnstone
03-09-13, 16:56
Does your buffer tube thread into the lower OK?

Sent from my iPhone on tapatalk

It sure does, which is why I find this so strange...I guess the tube may still be out of spec?

BBossman
03-09-13, 18:14
Use a file to fit the lug on the end plate to the keyway on the tube.

Sent from my Proctor Silex Toaster Oven using Tapatalk 2.

The_Hammer_Man
03-09-13, 18:30
From you pic it looks like the lug in the end plate is just a bit too wide. Use a small triangular jewelers file and slim it up.

Be careful to do the SAME number of strokes per side. Otherwise it will be unequal in dimension and STILL not fit properly. Hit it with some flat black before you install it if that's an issue for you.

Clint
03-09-13, 19:07
I think that tube is supposed to use an end plate but not a castle nut.

It's like a hybrid carbine / rifle extension.

I believe it just screws in over the end plate.

You most likely will need to shorten/remove the nub so that the tube can spin freely inside the plate.

MWL
03-09-13, 19:31
There is nothing wrong or out of spec with any of the parts.

The pistol LRE is different to a carbine LRE, in that it does not have the groove in the threads that the lug in the receiver end plate slides into.

The pistol LRE does not require a castle nut, but unlike the rifle LRE, it still requires the use of an end plate to hold the rear take down pin spring and detent in place.

In order to use your end plate with a pistol LRE, you need to file or cut the lug almost completely off, as it is not required when used with a pistol LRE.

Regards.

Mark

flynnstone
03-09-13, 20:05
Thanks everyone for the help, it's appreciated.