PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Texas

blackcpull
03-09-13, 16:21
Hi,

I am relocating to Texas from the Northeast. I am a Security Consultant and am looking to move to Texas soon. I am trying to find an area in Texas that is gun friendly and that would not make it impossible to get an FFL. Are all the towns / cities in Texas gun friendly. It is crazy up here in the Northeast. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Bluedreaux
03-09-13, 18:27
You'll be fine anywhere here. Even Austin isn't bad.

blackcpull
03-09-13, 18:48
Thanks Bluedreaux. I just don't want to move my family into an area that I would later regret. Does the same hold true for getting an FFL?

Norinco
03-09-13, 19:20
Anywhere should be fine. I think your decision would ultimately boil down to what your other interests/preferences are.

Here's some good info:
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25155&start=0

xjustintimex
03-09-13, 19:50
Thanks Bluedreaux. I just don't want to move my family into an area that I would later regret. Does the same hold true for getting an FFL?

Look at boerne tx, very nice suburb of San Antonio and there's around 400 new homes being built right now. Great schools and very gun friendly area.

Bluedreaux
03-09-13, 20:15
I don't have any idea how the area would effect you getting an FFL.

What areas are you looking at? It's a big place and the climate / culture varies drastically from one end to the other.

philcam
03-09-13, 22:55
Are you looking at being a "kitchen table" FFL? There are a few cities that have ordinances or require a permit to run a business from the house. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problems.

SOWT
03-10-13, 12:35
Look at boerne tx, very nice suburb of San Antonio and there's around 400 new homes being built right now. Great schools and very gun friendly area.

Beorne (Bern-ee) is a nice area.

Stay outside of San Antonio if you want a FFL, as our Chief of Police is a pain in that regards.

philcam
03-10-13, 12:36
Boerne is nice but $$$$.
Helotes and New Braunfels are great too.