PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to Randy and APEX Tactical.

DAVID RICHARDS
03-10-13, 13:14
After 5 replacement G19's (2 GEN3, 4 GEN4's) over the past year and a half. Multiple after market parts, trips to Glock, tons of ammo, I finally tried the APEX extractor, spring, and ordered replacement SLB. It didn't help.Called Randy and he said send it in and he'd look at it.
He custom fit an extractor tothe gun, polished the feed ramp, and looks like a couple of more things. Then fired 50 rounds of WWB through it to test it. Only had topay shipping on the slide. 600 rounds later gun is good to go with any ammo. Randy took time and spoke with me about the gun. Went out of his way tomake it work.
Also have an APEX defense/carry set up in my M&P9c. Night and day difference in the trigger. Recommend APEX to anyone. Glock did try to fix each gun. They even admitted they couldn't fix the fifth one. Idon't thinktheir is just one problem. Randy said tolerences on the guns appears tobe a problem. Probably explains why some work, some don't. Some for awhile, some not out of the box. I experienced it all. Just glad it's over and the gun works.

KalashniKEV
03-10-13, 13:21
You had FIVE Glock 19s and a set of Apex parts and none of them "helped???"

What was the problem?

ckimball09
03-10-13, 15:12
Apex DCAEK+AEK trigger in my dads duty M&P9 and the FSS trigger kit in my edc M&P9. I love these kits, it makes the M&P so much better.

c3006
03-10-13, 15:48
Anyone who gets 5 bad GLOCK 19s in a row needs to give up and move to New York where it's safe to be unarmed.

M_Rapp
03-10-13, 17:31
Apex DCAEK+AEK trigger in my dads duty M&P9 and the FSS trigger kit in my edc M&P9. I love these kits, it makes the M&P so much better.

Why this choice? What is the "felt" difference in the two kits?

Thanks.

ckimball09
03-10-13, 17:48
Why this choice? What is the "felt" difference in the two kits?

Thanks.

To me, right off the bat the noticeable differences between these two setups are very slight but they are there. Now i dont have a trigger gauge so i cant test this scientifically only from my personal observation. The DCAEK+AEK trigger seems to have a slightly heavier trigger pull( i would guess .5 to 1 lbs. heavier) than the FSS kit. The DCAEK+AEK also seems to have a longer trigger pull but only by slight margins. I suggested the DCAEK kit to my dad and after i installed it, he still wasnt happy with the trigger after shooting my M&P with an FSS + Trigger kit. So i got him the AEK trigger and now he really likes the improvement. Overall both setups are great, his being for duty though, i think the heavier trigger pull would be recommended.

C4IGrant
03-10-13, 17:51
After 5 replacement G19's (2 GEN3, 4 GEN4's) over the past year and a half. Multiple after market parts, trips to Glock, tons of ammo, I finally tried the APEX extractor, spring, and ordered replacement SLB. It didn't help.Called Randy and he said send it in and he'd look at it.
He custom fit an extractor tothe gun, polished the feed ramp, and looks like a couple of more things. Then fired 50 rounds of WWB through it to test it. Only had topay shipping on the slide. 600 rounds later gun is good to go with any ammo. Randy took time and spoke with me about the gun. Went out of his way tomake it work.
Also have an APEX defense/carry set up in my M&P9c. Night and day difference in the trigger. Recommend APEX to anyone. Glock did try to fix each gun. They even admitted they couldn't fix the fifth one. Idon't thinktheir is just one problem. Randy said tolerences on the guns appears tobe a problem. Probably explains why some work, some don't. Some for awhile, some not out of the box. I experienced it all. Just glad it's over and the gun works.

That is good news. I just dropped in an Apex extractor in my GEN 2 G19 (as it was giving me a stovepipe every other mag) and it fixed my problem as well.

C4

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-10-13, 18:17
After being stubborn, I finally replaced my G4 G17 extractor with the Apex. My problems are gone now!

sewvacman
03-11-13, 19:39
I have Apex kits in my M&P9 and my J-frame and would (and do) absolutely recommend them to any one. Didn't have any issues before the install but the trigger pulls are worlds better compared to the original factory triggers.

R0CKETMAN
03-11-13, 19:46
That is good news. I just dropped in an Apex extractor in my GEN 2 G19 (as it was giving me a stovepipe every other mag) and it fixed my problem as well.

C4

Weird, you think a stock swap would have done the trick?

Watrdawg
03-11-13, 20:03
I replaced my Gen3 G17 extractor with the Apex extractor along with the new 30274 ejector and problem seems to be solved so far.