PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or likely scam?

TheHolyCannoli
03-10-13, 13:31
Came across this over the weekend and the seller is in my area...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1223097/hartford-connecticut-rifles-for-sale--rra-tactical-operator-ii-ar-15---brand-new--never-fired--ct-compliant-

Too good to be true? After contacting the seller, it appears he has quite a few people interested who have made better offers than the initial asking price. Considering the way the market is right now, and the fact that I'm living in CT where a new AWB might go into place, what is the most you would offer?

AKDoug
03-10-13, 13:57
I doubt it's a scam since he wants to do it face to face. The price is good, but I wouldn't go any higher for a RRA.

timbo813
03-10-13, 16:06
Sounds to me like he is posting a price to get people interested and then raising the price. Might be a good deal in today's climate but it just depends what he will actually sell it for.

Sentaruu
03-10-13, 16:30
if he actually sells it for that price than yea, for the market its a decent price.

GH41
03-10-13, 16:31
Sounds to me like he listed it low with the intention of telling everyone who called what he told you. If he has offers over what he wants why hasn't he sold it?? To answer the OP's question.. In this market it is worth as much as a fool without a gun is willing to pay! There are fools in my neck of the woods that would pay double the asking price. GH

AMMOTECH
03-10-13, 16:37
Seems like an OK price.

A co-worker of mine picked up a new Windham Weaponry @ Academy sports on Friday for the same price.

And PSA had some AR's in their store for $800 ish.

ramairthree
03-10-13, 16:42
Yeah, I just talked to a guy that travels for work who went to PSA, and they had some carbines for 900$ on the shelves.

My local gun stores now have quite a few DPMS Oracle, etc. type of guns for similar prices. (These were 650$ guns a few months ago)

TheHolyCannoli
03-10-13, 16:43
Sounds to me like he is posting a price to get people interested and then raising the price. Might be a good deal in today's climate but it just depends what he will actually sell it for.

I figured that was going to be the case. I made an offer minutes after it was initially posted. The guy did actually get back to me to say that I was the first to contact him, but he was going to keep the listing active until tonight. He told me flat out that if somebody made a significantly higher offer he would be a fool not to sell it for the higher price...can't really say I disagree with that considering the price that these are going for, and especially in CT.

I'm confused about this EoTech Dominator rail and the fixed flip-up front sight. If I wanted to remove the EoTech rail with integrated rear-sight, can I use a different rear-sight (ie. KAC flip-up) without having to screw around with the front sight height? In other words, is the RRA flip-up front sight a standard height that will work with all rail-mounted rear flip-ups?

Southern Cross
03-10-13, 17:33
I don't know what the deal is with ARMSLIST but I've never seen so many scams and BS on a site like that in my life. Since the mayhem started I've had to extend my search radius from the tried and true to get those last minute firearms added to the safe before my state makes them unobtanium. An easy 80% of the people I've reached out to on that site are complete flakes or flat out scammers. Hell half don't even bother to respond. I've beeb trying to score a Polytech and a REPR and it seems like they are getting some serious attention form the scammer /thief crowd.

T2C
03-10-13, 17:40
It depends on the configuration of the carbine. $900 may or may not be a good price. If it is a standard carbine, $900 seems a little steep. If it has a few options you want, it may be a decent price. I would not let the RRA logo scare me off if the carbine is set up the way you like it.

JC1990
03-10-13, 21:24
Meh, seems shady. He should just ask the price he wants for it instead of posting a low price then trying to talk it up

duece71
03-11-13, 05:34
You could always cross reference Gun Broker and see what they are selling on another online source. ymmv.

munch520
03-11-13, 07:54
In the normal market I'd peg this at $100-200 high.