PDA

View Full Version : School wuz in for Ak guy!!

shootist1970
03-10-13, 18:40
You know the ones.......

"Nuthin is better than my AK! You stick in Diane Feinsteins butt, pull it out and it will still fire!! Yada,yada......"

So guy sees my M4gery and says "Huh, an Ar-15, I bet my AK is twice as accurate as that thing is and i only payed $399 for my AK 74!"

Third Guy at bench 3 rolls eyes! He proposes we test "Gamer Boy's" theory.... He says he will watch through his spotting scope.

I have a Burris MTAC 1-4X24 scope, Ak boy has straight 4X!

Guy 3 sets rules, 1 complete mag at 100Yds as fast or slow as you are comfortable firing.

Shooting ceases guy 3 tells the tale of predictable results.......My group 1.5 inches, Ak boys "Pattern" 4.5 inches.

Then came the excuses from Ak boy "Well his first 4 or five shots probable hit the bullseye but the reast didn't even hit the paper!!"

Guy 3 watching the shooting says "Nope his other 25 rounds went through the same ragged hole the first five shots made,I watched them!"

Ak boy collects his stuff and walks off to his car muttering consolations to himself.

It was sunny and about 55 degrees, good day to demonstrate to to someone the error of their ways.

Just a question though, Why do AK owners insist on trying to make their guns seem like something they aren't.....precision weapons?

They are what they are, mass produced trench brooms meant for conscripts utilizing the old soviet human wave tactics, not aimed fire.

shootist1970
03-10-13, 18:50
PS. I am surprised i got 1.5 inch group, the scope really isn't a precision one it's a combat aperature and i usually don't get that kinda group i usually get 2-2.5 with an AR.

citizensoldier16
03-10-13, 19:39
PS. I am surprised i got 1.5 inch group, the scope really isn't a precision one it's a combat aperature and i usually don't get that kinda group i usually get 2-2.5 with an AR.

A predictable outcome...given the jalopy tolerances of the AK. Just a note though: a scope does nothing but magnify the target, and give you a reference of where your rounds will strike. It cannot control grouping. Quality barrels, good crowning, and of course fundamentals cause good groups. Take pride in that.

One can shoot all day long with a Nightforce scope attached to a Surgeon rifle. If they have poor fundamentals, poor groups are produced. Then again, you can shoot the same rifle with an Eotech and obtain superb groups if your marksmanship fundamentals are correct.

The weapon (or the toys) do not a shooter make... ;)

Spooky130
03-10-13, 20:44
Don't forget the one running the gun matters more than the gun itself.

Zane1844
03-10-13, 20:59
My friend that owns an AK just makes fun of my petty .22 cal rifle. :(

samuse
03-10-13, 21:01
I've never seen an AK that I liked. I have one, and I kinda have a 'thing' against AKs.

Ok, I ****in' hate AKs.

Zane1844
03-10-13, 21:04
I've never seen an AK that I liked. I have one, and I kinda have a 'thing' against AKs.

Ok, I ****in' hate AKs.

Same. Never even fired one though, but I would most likely not like it. I will get one, perhaps. But I have never had any interest at all in them, I'd get one just because I like guns and that I'd properly beat it to shit.

mastiffhound
03-10-13, 21:53
I have ARs and 1 AK in 7.62x39. With open sights it's a wash for me. Of course the first rifle I ever shot was an open sight .22LR made in the early 1900s. I probably put 30,000 rounds through it, maybe more. A weekend didn't go by without putting 1000 rounds through it. During the summer it was almost every other day. The sight on the AK isn't much better but it seems "normal" to me. The AR really shines when optics are attached, mine are all flatops. Then my ARs will smoke my AK. Also they are much easier and seemingly to me more stable than attaching to my AK.

I won't knock the AK, I love M14s and Mosins for the same reason. Wood and steel just feel good sometimes. You get that feeling that this is what my grampa or dad or someones grampa or dad had to work with. You start to wonder if you can shoot as good as they did. It's fun for awhile but then you remember it's 2013 and I have an option of playing with the latest and greatest. It's been awhile though, I might have to get the Mosin or AK out if it's nice this week!;)

T2C
03-10-13, 21:54
You win the accuracy contest.

sdcromer
03-10-13, 21:55
I have both and they are both great great tools for their stated purpose. But to think an AK74 will out shoot an AR is just uninformed. I have 5 ARs and 1 AKM clone and two AK74 clone.

At 49 years old, I can't shoot the open sights of and AK worth a crap anymore, so the ARs get most of the action. :-)

helothar
03-10-13, 22:11
What is the point of this thread?

TurretGunner
03-10-13, 22:21
What is the point of this thread?

Need to boost ones self esteem? Maybe fishing for compliments. Who knows.