PDA

View Full Version : New model TiRant 9 end cap removal

TACAV
03-11-13, 16:19
I am trying to disassemble my TiRant 9. It is one of the newer models that yes, you can take it fully apart. It's in the directions and it even came with the spanner tool to remove the front end cap.

Mine is not budging. I have tried boiling it, the oven, used a padded vice etc etc. No go.

why is this so hard. If it was designed to be taken apart why all the red locktite. (I am guessing).
:confused:

Or am I doing something wrong?

Ming_the_Merciless
03-11-13, 20:42
I equally had a hard time "jail breaking" my Ti-RANT 45, tried boiling in water, and heating in an oven, but wouldn't budge until I soaked it over night in WD40. Another tip, instead of putting the can in the vice, try putting the tool in instead and using a strap wrench to torque the tube, but be careful not to put excessive compression on the tube as it's thin walled. Hope that helps! ;)

TACAV
03-11-13, 23:41
I equally had a hard time "jail breaking" my Ti-RANT 45, tried boiling in water, and heating in an oven, but wouldn't budge until I soaked it over night in WD40. Another tip, instead of putting the can in the vice, try putting the tool in instead and using a strap wrench to torque the tube, but be careful not to put excessive compression on the tube as it's thin walled. Hope that helps! ;)

cool thanks.,

how did you soak it in WD40? did you just dunk the can in a cup or did you squirt some inside the tube itself as well?

I tried vicing the tool. Guess Ill have to try again with the WD40.

scottryan
03-13-13, 17:40
You have to put the tool in a padded vice with the prongs facing the ceiling.

Place the silencer over the tool and use both hands to twist it apart. It should come apart.

Putting the silencer in vice, strap wrenches, or other techniques will not work.

TACAV
03-14-13, 17:45
hmm cool ill try again later.