PDA

View Full Version : Oldies but hey! Adventure line magazines.

shootist1970
03-11-13, 19:21
Walked into the Army Navy(also a gunshop) they had a whole box of adventureline 30 rd mags for $24.95, which i thought wasn't too bad it's about what brand spank me new ones retail here for in normal times.

They were mil spec bodies, with chrome silicon springs and milspec floorplates.

BUT.....

They had the ancient black followers!!! I asked where they dug up the dinosaurs at?

They just laughed, oh well i bought a couple and traded out one follower with a green one out of a well body worn aluminum i had and traded out the Magpul follower in a commercial bodied mag i had into the other one.

As for the black followers well they ended up in the well wron mag and the commercial mag body and those are no relegated enti
rely to "plinking mags".

I wasn't hurting for mags but what the hey, since they were nice enough to retail mags for the regular retail price i grabbed a couple that let me semi retire a couple so-so mags i had.

saddlerocker
03-11-13, 20:03
$25 is "normal" price?

New GI mags normal price is like $8-$10

PSA has been getting in new D&H with Magpul followers for $16 since the madness

duece71
03-11-13, 20:45
A whole box for $24.95 or $24.95 for each magazine?? $24.95 for a beat up old GI mag is not a very good price. You can find new for cheaper.

shootist1970
03-11-13, 21:38
Brand new mags, each.

Yes, normal retail in brick and mortar stores in my area is $24-$29.00.

I know you can get cheaper by bulk, wholesale and mail order.

but these are on sight, where i can inspect their condition and finish, and already being in a store the store has overhead.

shootist1970
03-11-13, 21:41
Anybody know where i can get good prices on magpul followers at?

Looking to replace the green military ones in like 20 or so G.I. aluminums i have.

mastiffhound
03-11-13, 21:56
Cabela's was selling D&H mags and some no name polymer mags for $24.95, I passed. The polymer mags feed lips were very weak, with the most minimal pressure they flexed like crazy and a few had cracks in the seems already. The D&H mags are $14 dollars(use to be $12, I can live with a $2 price increase in all this) at my LGS, so no go for them either. I find it sad that anyone would pay prices that high! Still not as bad as Kames Sporting Goods charging $39.99 for Colt mags, those are still $15 at my LGS.

I feel sorry for those that didn't get their mags before all this happened, or the ones who just got into ARs and didn't have the chance to pick them up at normal prices.

saddlerocker
03-11-13, 22:38
Anybody know where i can get good prices on magpul followers at?

Looking to replace the green military ones in like 20 or so G.I. aluminums i have.

G&RTactical has the Yellow ones, Foilage is out of stock.

markm
03-12-13, 08:13
How did a CS spring end up in a GI mag? Whomever did that needs a kick to the dick. :rolleyes:

Nightvisionary
03-12-13, 18:07
Walked into the Army Navy(also a gunshop) they had a whole box of adventureline 30 rd mags for $24.95, which i thought wasn't too bad it's about what brand spank me new ones retail here for in normal times.

They were mil spec bodies, with chrome silicon springs and milspec floorplates.

BUT.....

They had the ancient black followers!!! I asked where they dug up the dinosaurs at?

They just laughed, oh well i bought a couple and traded out one follower with a green one out of a well body worn aluminum i had and traded out the Magpul follower in a commercial bodied mag i had into the other one.

As for the black followers well they ended up in the well wron mag and the commercial mag body and those are no relegated enti
rely to "plinking mags".

I wasn't hurting for mags but what the hey, since they were nice enough to retail mags for the regular retail price i grabbed a couple that let me semi retire a couple so-so mags i had.

Wow, I just passed on a rack full of windowed PMAGS at the local gunshop for $29 about an hour ago.