PDA

View Full Version : Dems threaten CO Sheriffs salary over gun control

CoryCop25
03-12-13, 11:49
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/03/10/shocking-email-dems-threaten-colo-sheriffs-salaries-over-gun-control-54781

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa, the officers are getting some blowback from the Democratic Party.

In an interview Saturday morning with Jeff Crank on 740 AM KVOR radio, Maketa said 30 Colorado sheriffs went to the state capitol to speak out against restrictive gun control legislation.

Only one sheriff of the 30 present was allowed to speak against the rule-change bill, Maketa told KVOR, adding that typically all those present would have been allowed to speak.

Maketa then referred to an email he’d received Wednesday saying “that the Senate Dem Leadership is very upset with the Sheriffs and their opposition to the gun control bills.”

Sheriffs’ salaries are set by state lawmakers upon the recommendation of a salary commission’s findings, he explained. “But the Dems have been dangling [the salary bill] out there and refusing to follow their own created commissions’ recommendations. They’ve put it off now for two years.”

The Senate Democrats, Maketa told Crank, were “very upset” with his “testimony in opposition on the gun bills. And they are stating that, basically, we should reconsider our position to gain a more favorable light for salary support from the Dems.”

SteyrAUG
03-12-13, 11:58
Typical.

Mauser KAR98K
03-12-13, 14:36
Maybe it is time for the Sherrifs and the people to go and actively remove this "representatives" from office and strip them of the titles for violating the the 1st amendment and taking out of state money, promises, and legislation and forcing it against the will of the people.

What is going on is criminal.

sjc3081
03-12-13, 14:49
The remedy is verboten on the forum or any other public forum.

jpmuscle
03-12-13, 14:49
Disband the Sheriffs depts and let them fend for themselves.

Alaskapopo
03-12-13, 14:54
You do realize these are the same Sheriffs that are taking a stand against these gun laws? And they are fending for themselves serving their community and keeping it safer.
Pat

Grizzly16
03-12-13, 15:15

Yep, let the peace officers get fired and the folks who live in the county fend for themselves because the politicians are using dirty tactics. The only people who don't suffer under that approach are the politicians.

Watrdawg
03-12-13, 15:28

Disband the Sheriffs!? Actually it sounds like Colorado residents need to circulate a recall election petition for their Reps and the Gov. and boot them out of office. The Sheriffs seem to be the good guys here.

gun71530
03-12-13, 15:30

What in the hell are you talking about?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

THCDDM4
03-12-13, 15:43
The remedy is verboten on the forum or any other public forum.

This^

It's time for some good ole fashioned justice.

Threatening the pay of Sheriff's because they stood up against tyrnany & utilized their 1st amendment right- what a ****ing slap in the face and kick in the balls from these Progressive shit heads!

I think the sleeping giant is going to wake up due to these infringements. Time will tell...

Jpmuscle- could you please elaborate? I am confused with the intent/meaning of your statement...

Thanks.

glocktogo
03-12-13, 15:47

WTF are you talking about? In many places, the Sheriff's Dept. is the ONLY agency upholding the Constitution! :confused:

jpmuscle
03-12-13, 15:47
Christ, next time ill be sure to add a Smiley face to the end of an obviously satirical statement. Point being though if they the politicians feel the need to leverage the Sheriffs salary over their ideology then maybe they would feel better with no police force at all... again in jest people.

THCDDM4
03-12-13, 15:51
Christ, next time ill be sure to add a Smiley face to the end of an obviously satirical statement. Point being though if they the politicians feel the need to leverage the Sheriffs salary over their ideology then maybe they would feel better with no police force at all... again in jest people.

That's the way I took it, but wasn't quite sure...

Thanks for clarifying.

These politicians really need a reminder of who they serve and where the power is derived from. They haved lived outside of reality for FAR TOO LONG!
We need to go back to our roots of tarring and feathering politicians who go against the will of the poeple they are supposed to represent/serve.

I've got the tar...

Moose-Knuckle
03-12-13, 15:56
Can't wait to see what blowback the Dems will receive.

Life, it's a two way street people. ;)

Litpipe
03-12-13, 16:00
Unreal. God forbid the actual law enforcers have an opinion that counters that of the lawyer legislatures. What a joke. I like the recall idea. They should look into that. Not to mention everything else that those dems have going on.

Funny how some law makers have no history of doing a damn thing. Hell...look at the President. When he was a Senator he had not authored or presented a single bill, and was not even present for a lot of voting.

Piers Morgan was a hack, low ratings tv personality before Sandy Hook. Now he has taken this issue by the teeth and wont let it go. His rating went up. If you watch any of his shows now relating to gun control all he does is mention the last 4 shooting in the USA, how AR15s were used and then says "what is the purpose for owning an AR15". Thats it...that is his entire show, and it works.

Back to the op...this is unacceptable. The local law enforcement unions should look into the body of work of these dems and see what they have accomplished and expose them if they are just seat warmers(as is the case with many politicians)

Safetyhit
03-12-13, 16:08
Man I sure hope that maybe this time the Dems will receive some sort of meaningful repercussions, but since it's very rarely the case I won't hold my breath.

Life, let's hope it's a two way street people, as so far karma has remained callously elusive to the firearm community.

There we are.

streck
03-12-13, 16:10
The emails are posted to the El Paso County, Colorado Sheriff's website.

THCDDM4
03-12-13, 16:29
Here are links...

http://shr.elpasoco.com/

http://shr.elpasoco.com/NR/rdonlyres/4B024591-8629-4A3B-BD60-83906DD4264B/0/Email_Exchanges_Concerning_the_Salary_Proposal.pdf

Moose-Knuckle
03-12-13, 17:24
There we are.

Sadly I concede that your version of my OP is more applicable here. :(

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-12-13, 17:54
WTF are you talking about? In many places, the Sheriff's Dept. is the ONLY agency upholding the Constitution! :confused:

Denver is weird in that either there are no Sheriffs or they come under police control, I forgot which. What ever it is, we have no direct link in Denver County with law enforcement- LE reports to the mayor. At least that is my understanding of it.

Magic_Salad0892
03-12-13, 18:04
Arrest the congressmen for suppressing the first amendment, and violating the constitution.

glocktogo
03-12-13, 20:55
Denver is weird in that either there are no Sheriffs or they come under police control, I forgot which. What ever it is, we have no direct link in Denver County with law enforcement- LE reports to the mayor. At least that is my understanding of it.

Just another reason that Denver is royally ****ed then.

Arrest the congressmen for suppressing the first amendment, and violating the constitution.

Not to mention their oath of office. None of which are arrestable offenses, but they should be sued for about a billion dollars. :mad:

Magic_Salad0892
03-12-13, 21:02
Not to mention their oath of office. None of which are arrestable offenses, but they should be sued for about a billion dollars. :mad:

I thought those were legal documents, basically saying that you won't try and pass/enforce illegal laws or something?

glocktogo
03-12-13, 21:08
I thought those were legal documents, basically saying that you won't try and pass/enforce illegal laws or something?

Not all legal docs carry a criminal penalty. For instance, assaulting someone is adjudicated in a criminal court. Denying them their civil rights is adjudicated in a civil court.

CarlosDJackal
03-12-13, 21:09

What kind of drugs are you on? This is like blowing out your ear drums just because you saw Rosie O'Donnell naked!! WTF? :rolleyes:

Alaskapopo
03-12-13, 21:11
Not all legal docs carry a criminal penalty. For instance, assaulting someone is adjudicated in a criminal court. Denying them their civil rights is adjudicated in a civil court.

Unless its under color of authority and then you can do federal time for it.

Magic_Salad0892
03-12-13, 21:13

I thought trying to curtail the constitution was considered a criminal offense? Or treason.

Depriving somebody of their first amendment (while assaulting the second amendment) is curtailing the constitution.

T2C
03-12-13, 21:45
Can't wait to see what blowback the Dems will receive.

Life, it's a two way street people. ;)

The Democ-Rats are not concerned about blowback. The tax eaters outnumber the tax payers, so they will retain enough votes to stay in office.

glocktogo
03-12-13, 22:10
I thought trying to curtail the constitution was considered a criminal offense? Or treason.

Depriving somebody of their first amendment (while assaulting the second amendment) is curtailing the constitution.

I had a link somewhere but can't find it now. I may have it at work and will have to post it tomorrow.

chadbag
03-13-13, 01:00
Denying them their civil rights is adjudicated in a civil court.

Tell that to those guys in LA who beat Rodney King trying to subdue him.

Two of them ended up in the slammer for Federal Civil Rights Violations

--

glocktogo
03-13-13, 01:05
Tell that to those guys in LA who beat Rodney King trying to subdue him.

Two of them ended up in the slammer for Federal Civil Rights Violations

--

You think Holder is gonna prosecute the Colorado Dems? :rolleyes:

chadbag
03-13-13, 01:06
You think Holder is gonna prosecute the Colorado Dems? :rolleyes:

That's a different question and not the one posed.

Besides, Holder won't always be in power.

----

11B101ABN
03-13-13, 01:43

There is no sheriff in the city/ county of Denver. There is Manager of Safety and an Under Sheriff, both appointed by the Mayor.

glocktogo
03-13-13, 11:50
That's a different question and not the one posed.

Besides, Holder won't always be in power.

----

The original question is why the legislature is allowed to violate the Constitution AND, strongarm their constituents into not exercising their 1st Amendment rights. How we got off on Rodney King and police brutality is beyond me. :confused:

I can't find the article I was looking for. The sands of the internet have shifted since I last looked at it. It seems insane to me that we now need a constitutional amendment to make it a criminal offense to violate the Constitution. The loss of statesmen in favor of "lawmakers" is deplorable. :mad:

chadbag
03-13-13, 11:54
The original question is why the legislature is allowed to violate the Constitution AND, strongarm their constituents into not exercising their 1st Amendment rights. How we got off on Rodney King and police brutality is beyond me. :confused:

I was not replying to the question posed in the OP, but rather the comment (my "original question") that civil rights violations are for civil court, not criminal court.

I showed an example where civil rights violations were handled in criminal court and ended in jail sentences.

I can't find the article I was looking for. The sands of the internet have shifted since I last looked at it. It seems insane to me that we now need a constitutional amendment to make it a criminal offense to violate the Constitution. The loss of statesmen in favor of "lawmakers" is deplorable. :mad:

glocktogo
03-13-13, 12:53
I was not replying to the question posed in the OP, but rather the comment (my "original question") that civil rights violations are for civil court, not criminal court.

I showed an example where civil rights violations were handled in criminal court and ended in jail sentences.

And yet I'd challenge you to find a single case of this happening to lawmakers who voted for unconstitutional laws.

chadbag
03-13-13, 13:03
And yet I'd challenge you to find a single case of this happening to lawmakers who voted for unconstitutional laws.

Why challenge me? I never made any assertion to the contrary.

I only challenged the notion that civil rights violations were only adjudicated in civil courts.

--

glocktogo
03-13-13, 13:35
Why challenge me? I never made any assertion to the contrary.

I only challenged the notion that civil rights violations were only adjudicated in civil courts.

--

And yet it's still not germane to the subject of this thread. Can we return to topic please? :)

VooDoo6Actual
03-13-13, 13:42
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/photo_zps9a8eacc5.jpg