PDA

View Full Version : Question on 14.5 sbr form 3 to local dealer/SOT pin before delivery.

Breacher 217
03-12-13, 22:16
If I order a 14.5 SBR (KAC MOD 1 SBR) to my local SOT can he weld/pin it to 16 OAL and deliver it to me without having to get a stamp?

Scrubber3
03-12-13, 22:33
Yes. As long as it's at least 16".

Iraqgunz
03-12-13, 22:45
If it was me, I would have the person you want o buy this from separate the upper and lower and then sell you the upper, have it pinned and then send you lower. If you remove the short upper from the lower and don't retain possession of them then it is no longer an NFA item.

If I order a 14.5 SBR (KAC MOD 1 SBR) to my local SOT can he weld/pin it to 16 OAL and deliver it to me without having to get a stamp?

Breacher 217
03-12-13, 22:49
Was going to order one straight from Knights. Hate to do a stamp on something that could be 16" OAL anyway.

vereceleritas
03-17-13, 19:48
If it was me, I would have the person you want o buy this from separate the upper and lower and then sell you the upper, have it pinned and then send you lower. If you remove the short upper from the lower and don't retain possession of them then it is no longer an NFA item.

Doesn't the owner of the NFA item have to notify BATFE that the firearm has been permanently modified and have them remove it from the registry first? I didn't think it was as simple as just mailing away your SBR uppers.

ChrisG19
03-19-13, 20:49
Doesn't the owner of the NFA item have to notify BATFE that the firearm has been permanently modified and have them remove it from the registry first? I didn't think it was as simple as just mailing away your SBR uppers.

There is no requirement to notify the ATF. Once the short barrel is removed, it is no longer an SBR. I would just send NFA branch a note.

Iraqgunz
03-20-13, 04:34
Please read the previous discussions on this subject. Also, there is no such thing as an SBR upper.