PDA

View Full Version : Church has 2A day -- kids make pop tart guns

chadbag
03-13-13, 11:34
This is pretty awesome (I get subscribed [without permission I might add] to all sorts of conservative spam mail -- sometimes I will read the more interesting ones)

http://clashdaily.com/2013/03/church-celebrates-2nd-amendment-kids-make-pop-tart-guns-during-sunday-school/

----

thopkins22
03-13-13, 11:55
That's awesome.

The Glock cake was almost too much. :p

d90king
03-13-13, 11:59
It's in pretty poor taste to write and display a book about Sandy Hook IMHO...

Yeah, the kids making edible guns is cute, but it doesn't accomplish a damn thing.

chadbag
03-13-13, 12:05

It is in pretty poor taste to blast Sandy Hook on TV night and day as a reason to restrict civil rights and violate the Constitution too. If that was not happening, I rather suspect the author would not have written the book.

Yeah, the kids making edible guns is cute, but it doesn't accomplish a damn thing.

It accomplishes a lot more than a damn thing. It teaches kids that guns are not evil objects waiting to kill. It opens the opportunity for further teaching of kids that guns are normal tools that can be used for good and for bad. It counters the extreme hoplophobia found in the schools. These kids will be the adults of tomorrow. The indoctrination of kids in the schools is the biggest enemy of the 2A, the Constitution, and civil rights in the long term in this country.

There is a reason the left works to get a stranglehold on the schools.

--

SteyrAUG
03-13-13, 12:05

No more than it's in poor taste to use Sandy Hook as justification to destroy the rights of Americans. It's sad that it has come to this, where cakes and pop tarts in the shape of guns are viewed as an act of defiance.

It's sad that one must go to a church to find this sort of safe haven. As a kid growing up I don't think there was ever a single day when I didn't have some kind of toy gun on or about my person, except when I had real guns.

In school a squirt gun was as important as a book bag. We'd have laughed at anyone who had to fashion a gun from a pop tart. The idea that you could get in trouble for it would be as absurd to us as the idea that a peanut butter sandwich could be banned from the lunchroom because some kid has allergies.

nimdabew
03-13-13, 12:18
I wish my Sunday school did stuff like this when I was a kid. We had church slumber parties and Sunday morning plays instead.

... Now I feel old.

VooDoo6Actual
03-13-13, 12:21
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/gunshapedcloud_zps012ba7ed.png

nimdabew
03-13-13, 12:22

I saw that a few days ago. I lost half the lunch I was chewing because of it.

djmorris
03-13-13, 13:31

Haha! :D The sad part is I actually kinda believe it?

currahee
03-13-13, 13:36
Let he who does not have a pop-tart sell his cloak and buy one.

d90king
03-13-13, 13:37
It is in pretty poor taste to blast Sandy Hook on TV night and day as a reason to restrict civil rights and violate the Constitution too. If that was not happening, I rather suspect the author would not have written the book.

2 It accomplishes a lot more than a damn thing. It teaches kids that guns are not evil objects waiting to kill. It opens the opportunity for further teaching of kids that guns are normal tools that can be used for good and for bad. It counters the extreme hoplophobia found in the schools. These kids will be the adults of tomorrow. The indoctrination of kids in the schools is the biggest enemy of the 2A, the Constitution, and civil rights in the long term in this country.

There is a reason the left works to get a stranglehold on the schools.

--

Agreed, but because a bunch of trash does it, doesn't make it the right thing to do. I will ask a simple question... If you lost your child at SH, how would you feel about that picture and book less than 90 days after the tragedy? Because I am fighting a scumbag, doesn't mean that I need to turn into one to defeat them. I try and rise above garbage like that. You read the title right? Children were slaughtered, making a buck off of that is sickening to me.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is YOUR job as a parent and family to discuss those issues, it is NOT the place of a church to get involved.

Churches need to discuss/teach the various theology that guides their denomination, not teach other peoples children's about a slaughter and firearms. This looks like a disgusting publicity stunt and nothing more.

The problem with this country, is that to many folks thinks that other people should be teaching their children, instead of putting the work in themselves, and instilling their values, beliefs and traditions upon their children.

I agree with your view on the attacks at school, it is why I feel strongly about it. Monday night, I had an hour and a half long conversation about politics with my daughter and it all started by simply sitting down and LISTENING to my daughter. If we would take the time with our own children so much more could be accomplished. More importantly they will laugh at their teachers when they feed them liberal BS (that is what started an hour and a half long conversation). She knows the facts, not the things that make you feel good and therefore not only pushes back at BS, but also helps others learn the actual truth instead of BS propaganda put out by strangers.

VooDoo6Actual
03-13-13, 14:04
Haha! :D The sad part is I actually kinda believe it?

It's readily apparent that the Barking Moonbat elected officials have now formed Colonies / Clouds.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/moonbat_zps337c05c5.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/samal-bats_zps0853fd86.jpg

BTW, Vatican poped smoke today

South American POPE ......

Moose-Knuckle
03-13-13, 18:36
Hah, that is awesome indeed. Good on that church for having a sense of humor! :cool:

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-13-13, 19:37
Every Sunday is 2A day at my church. We gotta get some pop tarts though.

chadbag
03-14-13, 00:57
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is YOUR job as a parent and family to discuss those issues, it is NOT the place of a church to get involved.

While it is the job of the parent, there is nothing wrong with someone's church getting involved in the topic if they want. They did discuss the Biblical aspect of firearms ownership and use, if that is of any consolation.

Churches need to discuss/teach the various theology that guides their denomination, not teach other peoples children's about a slaughter and firearms.

What the heck are you talking about? The "Sandy Hook" book is written by the guy whose website the store was on and has nothing to do with the story itself or the church.

Churches should discuss theology, but also morality, ethics, good citizenship, etc. That is what they were doing.

This looks like a disgusting publicity stunt and nothing more.

Really?

The problem with this country, is that to many folks thinks that other people should be teaching their children, instead of putting the work in themselves, and instilling their values, beliefs and traditions upon their children.

You know NOTHING about what the people who attend that church teach their children. I bet that they do put a lot of individual effort into teaching their own children. The sort of people that would attend that sort of denomination usually do.

Get off your high horse. This has nothing to do with pushing the education of your children onto others.

I agree with your view on the attacks at school, it is why I feel strongly about it. Monday night, I had an hour and a half long conversation about politics with my daughter and it all started by simply sitting down and LISTENING to my daughter. If we would take the time with our own children so much more could be accomplished. More importantly they will laugh at their teachers when they feed them liberal BS (that is what started an hour and a half long conversation). She knows the facts, not the things that make you feel good and therefore not only pushes back at BS, but also helps others learn the actual truth instead of BS propaganda put out by strangers.

And you have exactly ZERO idea if that happens or not with the people who attend that church.

I "home school" my kids because I feel strongly about what you said, in a similar way (I suspect). However, that does not mean that I do not want my church to instill or reinforce moral values, ethics, and good citizenship in my kids as well. My church would not do the firearms thing (officially*), but I am not against some church that does. People CHOOSE the church they attend. They are not forced to (like kids going to public schools are forced to go, more or less). They can CHOOSE which sort of church they want to attend including one that reinforces and teaches similar things to what they are teaching their kids themselves.

Why the anger?

ETA: * my local congregation, being in Utah, is mostly pretty 2A gung ho and we discuss it in the halls, between and after meetings, etc. But I cannot say that other congregations of the same denomination elsewhere would be the same. It is not a church issue for our denomination.
-