PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 Hammer/Trigger pin size ? PLEASE

Turk182
03-13-13, 14:10
I bought these ...

Category: KNS Precision Products KNS Gen 2 Precision AR15 .170 Non-Rotating Hammer & Trigger Pins For Colt** .170 diameter. Special anti-spin & anti-creep retainers prevent all wear on your AR15 or M16 receiver. Anti-creep retainers are removable for lubricant injection. Pin installation tool & 2 allen wrenches included. No modification to gun is required. New generation style.

I bought them because** the site says FOR COLT. I have now read that this is for older model COLTS.

Did I buy the wrong size? Should I have gone 154?

Thankyou

I have a new Colt 6920

tarkeg
03-13-13, 14:30
Yes, you bought the wrong size. Exchange them for the .154 size and you'll be set.

Iraqgunz
03-13-13, 14:31
If you have a new Colt, then you have MILSPEC .155 diameter pins. if those are old they will not work. Do yourself a favor, return then and use the money for something worthwhile. KNS pins are nonsense.

discreet
03-13-13, 17:43
If you have a new Colt, then you have MILSPEC .155 diameter pins. if those are old they will not work. Do yourself a favor, return then and use the money for something worthwhile. KNS pins are nonsense.

Agreed. Only time I see a use for them is when running a CMC fcg, which replaces the pins with c clips.

markm
03-14-13, 08:59
You should return them and quit buying nonsense items.

halfmoonclip
03-14-13, 09:10
Had some KNS pins as extra insurance on an SBR'd 9mm lower; the folks at Geissele wanted me to run their pins.
As time passes, it is looking like the KNS pins are an answer to a question that nobody asked.
Put the price of those pins toward a good trigger.
Moon