PDA

View Full Version : Utah - Constitutional Carry

Brimstone
03-13-13, 16:37
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=24389200&nid=148&title=showdown-looms-between-gov-legislators-over-constitutional-carry

The Constitutional Carry bill (HB76) has passed the state legislature and is on its way to Gov. Herbert. I would urge residents to contact his office and express your support for the bill. He seems inclined to veto the bill, but if it is made into a more high profile issue he may reconsider.

Here is the e-mail I sent him today. I will be calling as well.

Governor Herbert,

I would like to ask that you stand with the Utah State Legislature and support HB76 which provides a concealed carry option for citizens without the need for a permit. The pioneers came to this state seeking freedom and liberty. We need to honor that heritage and be an example to the rest of the country. These essential god-given rights are important to me and my family.

Contact info:
http://utah.gov/governor/contact/index.html

zacii
03-13-13, 20:53
I heard about this today on the radio.

The southern Utah radio news said that this bill would allow Utah residents to carry a concealed, unloaded pistol. Is that true?

What's the point of carrying an unloaded pistol? Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Brimstone
03-13-13, 22:17
It means "Utah Unloaded". That means you can have a full mag as long as a round isn't chambered. It has to be two actions from firing (rack slide, pull trigger).

zacii
03-13-13, 22:59
It means "Utah Unloaded". That means you can have a full mag as long as a round isn't chambered. It has to be two actions from firing (rack slide, pull trigger).

Sucks to be the guy who only has one hand available when the SHTF.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

jpmuscle
03-14-13, 00:39

Boy that must suck from criminals whilst in the commission of a violent crime. :suicide:

chadbag
03-14-13, 01:08
Sucks to be the guy who only has one hand available when the SHTF.

Carry a DA revolver. It also means two trigger pulls is acceptable. So you can carry a "Utah unloaded" revolver such that the first chamber you hit is empty and you have to pull the trigger twice.

(It is recommended by various trainers and stuff to carry with 2 empty chambers in the cylinder with a revolver as that makes it more clear to a cop who should stop you and challenge the "unloadedness" but technically you only need the one -- the "next" one to be unloaded such that it takes 2 trigger pulls).

It is not as good as pure constitutional carry but is a step in the right direction. It is how we have always had open carry in Utah.

--

chadbag
03-14-13, 01:11
Contact info:
http://utah.gov/governor/contact/index.html

I'd like to start with an email, though a written letter may follow. However, I don't see any form submission or email address for the governors office on that page. They have Lt Gov and Fed Rep/Senators email etc but I did not see Herberts...

Did I miss it?

--

Brimstone
03-14-13, 13:49
I'd like to start with an email, though a written letter may follow. However, I don't see any form submission or email address for the governors office on that page. They have Lt Gov and Fed Rep/Senators email etc but I did not see Herberts...

Did I miss it?

--

Big red box in upper right that says "Click Here to Contact the Governor's Office".

chadbag
03-14-13, 13:54
Big red box in upper right that says "Click Here to Contact the Governor's Office".

D'oh

Thanks. I was looking for something else (an email or other link) so that did not penetrate my thick skull.

--

chadbag
03-14-13, 13:56
"Dear Gov Herbert:

HB76 is very important to me and my family, and the safety of my family and community. I encourage you to sign it promptly, to show your support for the hard work the legislature did in advancing the safety of our community.

Thanks
"