PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a way to contact specialized armament?

n4p226r
03-13-13, 18:01
Ordered parts the end of December. Mid January their website indicated a 30 day turn around time. In march, the credit card I had charged the parts to had expired. I am trying to get in touch with them to see if I can update the credit card. Tried emailing both of their email addresses as well as left 2 voice messages. Thoughts? Do they frequent any forums public ally I may be able to contact them through?

jerrysimons
03-13-13, 18:13
I was successful in reaching them via e-mail a couple weeks ago, it was just a standard "we are working on your order as fast as we can" reply, it took a few days though.
So if they took the time to reply to my annoying question I don't see them not getting back to you to update your info.

Kenneth
03-13-13, 18:17
I ordered a LPK from them several months ago and I haven't heard anything since...

scoutfsu99
03-13-13, 20:22
PM Bob Reed

n4p226r
03-13-13, 21:06
thanks guys. i'll try one more way and wait a few days and then try to contact bob reed if that doesnt work.

thanks
bill

Iraqgunz
03-13-13, 21:38
I believe that their website says 45-60 days. They recently moved which caused a slow down along with the other shenanigans. Have you tried their email?

Dave L.
03-14-13, 01:12
For guys still waiting on stuff:
Have they charged your card yet?

I ordered a Colt LPK from them on 3/9 and they already charged my card earlier this week :confused:

Usually companies wont charge your card until right before the product ships. Not sure on SA's policy.

Iraqgunz
03-14-13, 04:41
Everyone who placed an order send me 3.00 and I will go over there collectively and ask about your stuff.

samuse
03-14-13, 05:47
Everyone who placed an order send me 3.00 and I will go over there collectively and ask about your stuff.

Are you serious?

They have two of my uppers. I've been trying to get in touch with them by phone and email for the last 12 days. Can't get a response.

Iraqgunz
03-14-13, 05:59
No I am not serious. From the website (see below). Remember that SAW is not some big ass company and Ken also has armorer classes to teach in addition to running the shop.

WE ARE EXPERIENCING AN EXTREMELY HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS.
SHIPPING AND COMMUNICATION DELAYS ARE TO BE EXPECTED.
MINIMUM ORDER AMOUNT IS $50.00 (EXCLUDING SHIPPING CHARGE)

ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT TAKING PHONE ORDERS AT THIS TIME.
YOU WILL RECEIVE TWO E-MAILS FROM US AS YOUR ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED. ONE CONTAINING A COPY OF YOUR INVOICE AND THE SECOND WITH THE SHIPMENT TRACKING INFORMATION FOR YOUR ORDER.

CURRENT LEAD TIME:

30 DAYS

Are you serious?

They have two of my uppers. I've been trying to get in touch with them by phone and email for the last 12 days. Can't get a response.

Kokopelli
03-14-13, 06:36
Possibly the new Pope can get through to them;) Not actually sarcasm either.. JMO.. Ron

n4p226r
03-14-13, 10:40
Thanks for the help guys. With help here I was able to contact them. To clarify. I placed my order 12/31 and my credit card expired 3/1 so I just wanted to give them updated credit card info. I wasn't looking to contact them for a "well the website says 30 days where's my stuff" type post

AKDoug
03-14-13, 11:03
I received neither of the emails and my stuff took about 45 days. However, I did get my stuff and am happy. If it wasn't for Ken's reputation, I don't think I would have been as patient. They did not bill my card right away. Once my card was billed my stuff shipped about a week later.

Dave L.
03-21-13, 00:32
FYI,
My LPK was ordered on 3/9 and shipped on 3/20. Things are hopefully calming down over there.

kwilkin
03-21-13, 09:00
FYI,
My LPK was ordered on 3/9 and shipped on 3/20. Things are hopefully calming down over there.

Nice. I have orders outstanding from 1/27 and 1/30. Not a word yet beyond auto-generated confirmation. I am trusting their reputation. I do wonder what their queue is like and how they are dealing with it. Also, I'm waiting on an upper and Mk18 barrel, which may or may to be in stock. I'm only speculating, of course.

Nonetheless, it looks like all of this nonsense should be calming down soon.

Aray
03-21-13, 09:39
I emailed, waited a week then called, then waited a week and emailed again. I got a response from Ken. They are slammed.

jwperry
03-21-13, 12:48
I emailed, waited a week then called, then waited a week and emailed again. I got a response from Ken. They are slammed.

That's what I got too.
I placed a few orders with them in December and had a similar situation as the OP(wife lost her credit card, we were both issued new numbers). I sent a pair of emails the first week of March to notify them and found out a few things;

-They have received thousands of orders and weren't set up for that.
-If you can see it on their website, they have it.
-They will call you when they try to process your order and your CC is declined(like mine was).

If you aren't in a hurry to get your stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them. I placed another order after I received everything 2 weeks ago. You'll probably be waiting months though.

YMMV

nml
05-01-13, 08:24
Curious if anyone had their orders ship (other than Dave)? I ended up just sourcing elsewhere regardless.

n4p226r
05-01-13, 09:08
When I finally got through to them I was informed my order slipped through during a move they were doing. It was quickly rectified. In the shipment was an extra copper spring with black insert and three rings. I've had the parts a while now. Pretty much a week after I posted here

MarkG
05-01-13, 10:21
New website for Specialized Armament?

www.sar15.com (http://www.sar15.com)

kiwi57
05-01-13, 10:27
I ordered a USGI bolt 4/13. Received through USPS 4/27. Typical notifications.

Kiwi57

nml
05-01-13, 11:27
When I finally got through to them I was informed my order slipped throughGuessing that's what happened with mine. no big deal.

davidjinks
05-01-13, 13:49
It might be the service where I'm at but that particular link brings up an empty page.

I can't even open the SAW page I've been using for the past 2 years. I sent an email to Ken to see if there's a change/update.

Kenneth
05-01-13, 15:05
I too placed an order for over $100 on small parts minus a FCG and haven't heard anything besides the email comfirmation. No that I have gained some wisdom I hope they do not ship them lol.

sapper36
05-01-13, 15:30
Are you serious?

If I had not spent a few days with Iraqgunz that would not have been anywhere near as funny!!

sinlessorrow
05-01-13, 18:31

Really? a new webpage??? Their older one was working last week when I ordered some parts.

Iraqgunz
05-02-13, 00:09
Linky no worky for me.

n4p226r
05-04-13, 21:17
looks like their old website is back up and sar15.com forwards you to that. i just placed an order for a bunch of parts. ill post back when they arrive.