PDA

View Full Version : FBI Standard Issue Handgun

varoadking
03-17-08, 17:41
I recall that we may have a Bureau representative or two on board - looking for info on the standard issue/options for a female Agent:

Firearm model(s) available:
Action modifications, if any:
Other modifications, if any (controls, etc.):
Holster:
Sights:
Ammunition:
Other information:

TIA

variablebinary
03-17-08, 18:07
I recall that we may have a Bureau representative or two on board - looking for info on the standard issue/options for a female Agent:

Firearm model(s) available:
Action modifications, if any:
Other modifications, if any (controls, etc.):
Holster:
Sights:
Ammunition:
Other information:

TIA

I believe the FBI issues the Glock G22 in .40, and the Springer TRP for HRT

bullitt5172
03-17-08, 18:19
I believe the FBI issues the Glock G22 in .40, and the Springer TRP Professional for HRT

Big difference :p

the1911fan
03-17-08, 18:42
Member Federale would probably know ..they'll teach you how to shoot whatever you are issued

Get the job first then worry about what they permit you to carry...that has always worked for me

rhino
03-17-08, 18:50
My guess is that it's someone who wants some details for a story/novel rather than someone who is looking to become a Feeb.

I could be wrong.

varoadking
03-17-08, 18:50
Member Federale would probably know ..they'll teach you how to shoot whatever you are issued

Get the job first then worry about what they permit you to carry...that has always worked for me

Thanks, but I'm 55, been shooting all my life, was a cop back in the 70's, and I'm not female either...

varoadking
03-17-08, 18:52
My guess is that it's someone who wants some details for a story/novel rather than someone who is looking to become a Feeb.

I could be wrong.

Not quite, but a helluva lot closer than the last cat... ;)

the1911fan
03-17-08, 19:14
and I'm not female either...

I did'nt assume you were

Oh well, good luck on whatever endeavor the specific information you desire would assist you:cool:

Joe Mamma
03-17-08, 20:09
The last I heard, Glock 22's and 23's were standard issue. I can't remember any of the details.

Joe Mamma

Federale
03-18-08, 18:05
Glock 22 is the standard issue.

They'll issue a G17 to those they deem recoil sensitive.

I haven't seen G23s or G19s issued anytime recently. If they are, its very rare.

New Agent Trainees have little say about what they're issued. If there was a choice between the G22 and the G23, most would take the G23 because agents work in plainclothes. The full sized Glock is simply a little more difficult to conceal.

What I said about the personally owned weapons program in the other thread remains true. As of right now, new agents get their issued gun and that's it.

You can't modify your own pistol. Its the stock spring and connector. Hogue handalls and those decal grips are okay, but you can't tinker with your weapon. Only Quantico can and Quantico inspects the weapons prior to issuance and periodically for maintenance.

Pistol is issued with four magazines and night sights. You get a holster at Quantico to use in training. Many ditch this holster upon graduation (as it has also been through 16 weeks of holding a red handle and has gone through defensive tactics) and buy another quality holster. It is supposed to be inspected and approved at the field division by the firearms staff. The only thing that I recall about the holster is that it can't flatten and you must be able to reholster one-handed. The issued holsters have varied from year to year and class to class. Everything from Desantis, Safariland and Don Hume and likely others. They gave me a paddle. I've seen others get belt looped holsters. I've seen ones with retention devices, I've seen them without.

The 9mm and .40 cal ammunition was thoroughly addressed by me in the "My take on Glocks" thread.

varoadking
03-18-08, 19:12
Many thanks, Federale...