PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska needs help, lest we fall like Colorado.

Pork Chop
03-15-13, 12:56
I received this today from the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA) asking its members to reach out for help contacting our legislators urging them to push forward several pro gun bills that will come up for debate next week.

If you're a fellow Nebraskan or just want to help strengthen a pro 2A state next door to Colorado, please make your voice heard. The contacts below are the Judiciary committee that will hear these next week.
Thank you.

Scheduled for March 20, 2013 Hearing
LB 293: [SUPPORT] Prohibit disclosure of any applicant or permitholder information regarding firearms registration, possession, sale or use as prescribed. (Sen. Kintner)
-There is an amendment for this bill by Senator Kintner at the request of the NFOA. This bill makes all firearms ownership records private and not available through a FOIA request.

LB 352: [SUPPORT] Provide signage requirements and duties for the Nebraska State Patrol under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act. (Sen. Christenson)
-NFOA priority; sets mandatory signage requirements for posted places.

LB 451: [SUPPORT] Nebraska Gun Rights Bill (Sen Janssen)
-Would prohibit federal restrictions on firearms, magazines and firearms accessories as prescribed.

LB 602: [SUPPORT] Would adopt the Nebraska Firearms Freedom Act. The FFA essentially states that any firearm or accessory manufactured, sold, transferred, and possessed in Nebraska is not subject to any Federal gun control measures, provided that the item does not leave the state of Nebraska. (Sen Bloomfield)
-Sen Chambers has promised to attack Sen Bloomfield on this bill, so it's very important that we have a strong showing and as many gun owners as possible to attend the hearing and, if possible, to testify in support of the FFA. Excellent FFA talking points can be found here.

Scheduled for March 21, 2013 Hearing
LB 171: [SUPPORT] Provide for an expedited concealed handgun permit process for applicants who are victims of domestic violence. (Sen. Bloomfield)
Issue – Has local police or sheriff processing; they are not equipped to do this in five days.

LB 319: [OPPOSE] Change certain permitholder penalty provisions under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act. (Sen. McGill)

LB 335: [SUPPORT] Authorize possession of firearms as prescribed. (Sen. Christenson)
-Employer cannot keep an employee from having a firearm locked and hidden in their vehicle in the employer's parking lot.

LB 392: [NEUTRAL] Eliminate certain firearms provisions no longer authorized by federal law. (Sen. Lathrop)
-This is at the request of the NRA. Federal law has changed since this was written and the section referred to no longer pertains.

LB 592: [SUPPORT] Authorize the carrying of concealed handguns by qualified law enforcement officers and qualified retired law enforcement officers. (Sen. Lautenbaugh)
-Basically brings Federal Law into the Nebraska Statutes.

Judiciary Committee Contact Info:
Even if you can't attend the hearings next week, it is imperative that you contact each of the members of the Judiciary Committee to let them know your feelings on all of the bills being heard next week. Use the following contact info, and please be polite when interacting with the senators and their aides:

Sen. Brad Ashford – Chair
District 20
402-471-2622
Email: bashford@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Ernie Chambers
District 11
402-471-2612
Email: echambers@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Mark Christensen
District 44
402-471-2805
Email: mchristensen@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Colby Coash
District 27
402-471-2632
Email: ccoash@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Al Davis
District 43
402-471-2628
Email: adavis@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Steve Lathrop
District 12
402-471-2623
Email: slathrop@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Amanda McGill
District 26
402-471-2610
Email: amcgill@leg.ne.gov

Sen. Les Seiler
District 33
402-471-2712
Email: lseiler@leg.ne.gov

Jer
03-16-13, 20:10
I was born there and moved to Colorado in the mid 90's. Looks like I me be 'coming home' sooner than later. :(

jmnielsen
03-27-13, 09:31
Thanks for posting this. Not sure how I missed it but I knew of it anyways and showed my support.

Pork Chop
03-27-13, 09:38
Thanks for posting this. Not sure how I missed it but I knew of it anyways and showed my support.

You bet, thanks for getting involved!

From the complete lack of interest in this thread, I'm getting the vibe nobody gives a shit if you're not named Colorado? :)

Either way, thanks.

THCDDM4
03-27-13, 09:51
Emails sent. Phone calls made.
Good luck!

scottryan
03-27-13, 19:49
Most of these won't pass due to our unicameral full of urban liberals.

Safetyhit
03-27-13, 21:04
You bet, thanks for getting involved!

From the complete lack of interest in this thread, I'm getting the vibe nobody gives a shit...

Well at least they just don't give a shit, for now. Eventually it will fester into Nebraskan's being stereotyped as complacent and considered weak if they don't move. Trust me, I heard about it happening someplace else while at the supermarket waiting in line.

Pork Chop
03-27-13, 22:47
Most of these won't pass due to our unicameral full of urban liberals.

I know, but a guy has gotta have hope. :)