PDA

View Full Version : Weird hometown news...found 2 buffalo heads on the side of the road...

Belmont31R
03-15-13, 21:13
At a loss of words here.

http://cplstatesman.com/2013/03/15/buffalo-heads-found-along-crystal-falls-parkway/

Anyone else got weird local news?

fixit69
03-15-13, 21:18
Oh... Seems a south MS highway just found two tons of fish wrecked on the road by a RV/semi dispute.

Magic_Salad0892
03-15-13, 21:20
Does it have to be recent?

If not: In my hometown is where Richard Chase killed, and ate six people. That's pretty weird.

If yes: I can't find any.

Ryno12
03-15-13, 21:27

If not: In my hometown is where Richard Chase killed, and ate six people. That's pretty weird.

I'll raise you an Ed Gein & Jeffery Dahmer. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Belmont31R
03-15-13, 21:29

I think historic stuff is interesting. :)

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-13, 02:08
I'll raise you an Ed Gein & Jeffery Dahmer. :rolleyes:

Lol. Why the rolls eyes thing? I was joking, kind of.

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-13, 02:10
I think historic stuff is interesting. :)

Fun Fact. Richard Chase was my uncle's neighbor during the time he was "active".

Ryno12
03-16-13, 07:15
Lol. Why the rolls eyes thing? I was joking, kind of.

Cause "one-upping" you based on those two nut cases isn't anything I'm proud of.

Fun Fact. Richard Chase was my uncle's neighbor during the time he was "active".

Did he not think your uncle would taste good? :D

Ttwwaack
03-16-13, 07:49
.....when stump training goes bad.

Five_Point_Five_Six
03-16-13, 08:24
.....when stump training goes bad.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w139/bubbarector/Sense.jpg

trio
03-16-13, 21:07
The field where Lorena threw John's little Bobbit is just down the road from my house...

How's that?

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-13, 23:48
The field where Lorena threw John's little Bobbit is just down the road from my house...

How's that?

You win. That's hilarious. Lmfao.

And I absolutely love that demotivational poster. I've been trying to find a good instance on this board to use it, and somebody beat me to it. :(

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-13, 23:50
Cause "one-upping" you based on those two nut cases isn't anything I'm proud of.

Ah. I understand. I didn't even know they were from the same place.

Did he not think your uncle would taste good? :D

My uncle's blood would've probably tasted like straight wiskey, and gasoline at the time.

Honu
03-17-13, 00:55
Better 2 buffalo heads along the road then 2 horse heads in your bed :)

MistWolf
03-17-13, 01:10
The house I lived in as a kid is in Box Canyon, not far from Fountain of the World and Spahn Ranch.

Fountain of the World is where Krishna Ventu, who claimed to be Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Joseph Smith and a couple other religious figures reborn, was killed by a bomb set by two jealous husbands, back in the 1950s. A few years later, Charlie Manson went there and tried to take over what was left of the cult. What's ironic is the followers did a lot of genuine charitable work and community service.

Spahn Ranch is also known as the Movie Ranch and many westerns were filmed there, including Gunsmoke. Charles Manson stayed there awhile and scammed the owner.

Once, a stranger fell asleep under an oak tree my brothers and I like to play under that was located near the creek that ran down the hill from our house. Dad kept a loaded M1 carbine with a fixed bayonet in the gun cabinet for house protection. Mom yelled down the hill for the stranger to leave and when he not so politely refused, mom, all five foot two of her, got out that carbine and ran the rascal off.

We found out later from a family member who was an LAPD homicide detective, the stranger was a member of the Manson Family.

Many years later they found the body of Shorty, a stuntman killed by the Manson Family, just off Santa Susana Pass Road. I can't tell you how many times in the intervening years my family had driven past that spot.

At the same time Crazy Charlie was operating in the area, an older teenaged girl we were friends with was friends with another girl her age who was from Fountain of the World. Both were troubled kids and eventually got into drugs. The thing that gives me the most shivers? The look in her eyes when we were off playing somewhere in the hills when she asked us what we would do if we were to ever find a dead body

Ryno12
03-17-13, 06:43
Ah. I understand. I didn't even know they were from the same place.

Technically, they're from different towns. I just happen to live between them.
Good thing Wisconsin has the Packers, Brewers, Harley, Miller & of course BCM to offset some of our trash. :)

Belmont31R
03-19-13, 00:07
There is an update in the article I posted. Should be the same link as the OP. Becomes even weirder...