PDA

View Full Version : New M&P revision?

BrigandTwoFour
03-15-13, 22:41
Hey all, I read something from Weapon Outfitters that got my attention.

Has S&W released a new revision of the M&P pistol line? He claims the trigger is much improved, particularly with the reset.

I'm asking because the Air Force just moved me from Montana to California, and I must now deal with the infernal roster of approved handguns. Apparently, the Gen 4 Glocks are not on that approved list, which means my chances of getting one are about nil.

I have seen M&Ps for sale in the LGS, and am wondering if they would suffer the same fate.

theblackknight
03-15-13, 23:00
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1646

G34Shooter
03-15-13, 23:27

Has S&W released a new revision of the M&P pistol line? He claims the trigger is much improved, particularly with the reset.

I'm asking because the Air Force just moved me from Montana to California, and I must now deal with the infernal roster of approved handguns. Apparently, the Gen 4 Glocks are not on that approved list, which means my chances of getting one are about nil.

I have seen M&Ps for sale in the LGS, and am wondering if they would suffer the same fate.

You can get practically any popular handgun that is not on the roster in CA via Single Shot Exemption. Look it up on Calguns or Google. I bought two Gen 4 Glocks last year this way and now work in a shop that performs the legal service.

Striker
03-16-13, 10:58

Shouldn't matter. The difference is that the CA version has a magazine safety on it. If the other versions are getting a revision, so should the CA version. It's not cost effective unless you apply it to all. Heard the rumors about the shield trigger being standard on the other M&P pistols. Some say they did it, some have bought recent guns and say there's no improvement. Don't know which is true, but either way the CA guns should get the same trigger components.

theblackknight
03-16-13, 11:19
I have an idea.

Go to a gun store in your new state. Try every M&P they have. Dont worry about if its a fixed gun or not. If you can live with its trigger pull, buy it. If not, take your money to another gun. If you still want the M&P, 40$ for a apex sear really isnt that bad for the improvement it gives. Same to be said for glock and its connectors, or those "sights".

sent from mah gun,using my sights

BrigandTwoFour
03-16-13, 16:05
You can get practically any popular handgun that is not on the roster in CA via Single Shot Exemption. Look it up on Calguns or Google. I bought two Gen 4 Glocks last year this way and now work in a shop that performs the legal service.

Rumor is that one of the many new laws working their way through will get rid of the SSE as we know it, stopping this "loophole." So I'm not counting on getting to use it by the time I'm ready to purchase.

I have an idea.

Go to a gun store in your new state. Try every M&P they have. Dont worry about if its a fixed gun or not. If you can live with its trigger pull, buy it. If not, take your money to another gun. If you still want the M&P, 40$ for a apex sear really isnt that bad for the improvement it gives. Same to be said for glock and its connectors, or those "sights".

As if I hadn't thought of that...

It was one thing to do that where I lived in Montana, with eight gun shops within a five mile radius. It's another where I live now and there is one gun shop in town, and they have nothing in stock due to mass panic.

Your first reply was quite enough information, thanks.

G woody
03-16-13, 17:50
Rumor is that one of the many new laws working their way through will get rid of the SSE as we know it, stopping this "loophole." So I'm not counting on getting to use it by the time I'm ready to purchase.

As if I hadn't thought of that...

It was one thing to do that where I lived in Montana, with eight gun shops within a five mile radius. It's another where I live now and there is one gun shop in town, and they have nothing in stock due to mass panic.

Your first reply was quite enough information, thanks.
As an old Air Force guy #SAC# I say that at least you're warmer in CA.

S391
03-16-13, 19:53
I bought a new M&P Pro today and the trigger is light years better than the one on my old M&P Pro. I hope to get it to the range sometime this week for a shakedown run. I'm curious to see if there is any change in the accuracy.

Ready.Fire.Aim
03-16-13, 23:49
Yesterday I purchased a MP9 as a gift for my future son in law, August wedding.
I have 3 MP9, Mp45, and four G19 to compare to.

Brass has a 12-12-12 date on envelope.

I am very pleased with accuracy, shot a box through it today. I did lube slide with Brian Enos' slide guide and trigger parts with Slick 2000 EWL.

Ejector is throwing brass down my shirt. Should wear in after 200 rounds. Using some light 115 grain loads.

I will break it in, put CTC laser grips and a Surefire light on it. That and a nice pistol safe should make a good gift. I will have him come to the house and practice with it this summer.

RFA

G34Shooter
03-17-13, 00:09

Stop calling it a Loophole, you sound like an anti. It's following the laws as it's presented to us. Could they ban SSE's in the future? Possibly, but they'll run into problems with the exemptions given to LEO's here.

DiabhailGadhar
03-17-13, 02:13
just so you know there are exemptions for active duty...for certain things...look into it..

BrigandTwoFour
03-17-13, 14:36
Stop calling it a Loophole, you sound like an anti. It's following the laws as it's presented to us. Could they ban SSE's in the future? Possibly, but they'll run into problems with the exemptions given to LEO's here.

I called it that because that's exactly how they look at it and what they are trying to close. I think it's great that they don't understand firearms well enough to write effective law to stop what they want to stop. But I'm not counting on getting to take advantage of the SSE system.

And yes, there "are" exemptions for active duty military in place in California for certain items (like "assault weapons"). But those paths are pretty much impossible to take advantage of now. I've been following it for a few years, knowing my move here was a distinct possibility.

The military exemption now requires a letter from the base commander why I need to keep a privately owned assault weapon at home as part of my assigned duties. To date, nobody I know has gotten such a letter.

G34Shooter
03-17-13, 14:37
I called it that because that's exactly how they look at it and what they are trying to close. I think it's great that they don't understand firearms well enough to write effective law to stop what they want to stop. But I'm not counting on getting to take advantage of the SSE system.

And yes, there "are" exemptions for active duty military in place in California for certain items (like "assault weapons"). But those paths are pretty much impossible to take advantage of now. I've been following it for a few years, knowing my move here was a distinct possibility.

The military exemption now requires a letter from the base commander why I need to keep a privately owned assault weapon at home as part of my assigned duties. To date, nobody I know has gotten such a letter.

You probably think there's a Gunshow Loophop as well...

BrigandTwoFour
03-17-13, 15:20
You probably think there's a Gunshow Loophop as well...

I bet you're a real fun guy to hang around, eh?

Look, nobody cares what its called. I am probably the furthest thing from an anti will you ever find. But people like you attacking anyone who uses a term you don't like (when everyone knows exactly what its referring to) do nothing to help the cause except drive people away for not being "pure enough."

It frustrates me to no end that a simple question about anyone's experience with the latest M&Ps ends up turning into a flame session by people on the same damn side of the argument.

Have a nice day, I'm out.

kenndapp
03-17-13, 15:38
so.....um, about thees new m&p's you guys are getting. do they have the new 1 IN 10" rate of twist? how is the accuracy?